Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.11-rc2  (Read 368750 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.1
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2017, 06:55:29 AM »

Tarantula has also been taken. Which was added in one of the first releases of my mod.
edit: Welcome back btw.

Thanks, it feels good to be back in the pipeline. I did check Tarantula against the Already Used Names sheet last night, and I don't remember seeing your ships at all; according to revision history, you added them to the sheet in the last 3 hours. You can't really hold that one against me :P

Since your Tarantula is a carrier, and mine is a fighter, the obvious solution is to just fill the Tarantula full of Tarantulas

But yes, actually the internal ship name prefix would definitely prevent any compatibility issues. I have a similar prefix, as do most modders. We learned the hard way early on that it was a necessary fact of life.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:07:19 AM by Trylobot »

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 01, 2017, 07:51:40 AM »

Oh don't worry, I'm not holding anything against you. This thread actually reminded me of the spreadsheet thing and I decided to finally add my stuff to it. So thanks :)

Now I'm really tempted to create a fighter with a small spider name.... like Maratus or something :p

aReclusiveMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 01, 2017, 09:14:52 AM »

I hope you can all get along.  I appreciate the effort and hard work of all the modders and a name "conflict" seems like a really minor issue and certainly not something to get up in arms about.  The Nomads being back in action just means we have one more fun and exciting thing available to spice up our Starsector experience.

Personally, what I'd find even more useful than unique hull names is to see more of the ship hull descriptions include the mod name somewhere in them as it can be difficult to tell which mod a ship comes from while playing.  I've also seen Nemo confused about which mod a new ship hull comes from in his playthrough, and he has a lot more experience with the mods than I, so I know it's not just my issue as a new (to mods anyway) player.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #543 on: July 01, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »

.. what I'd find even more useful than unique hull names is to see more of the ship hull descriptions include the mod name somewhere ..

Now there's a worthwhile suggestion. Thanks Recluse, I can make that happen.

aReclusiveMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 01, 2017, 09:23:15 AM »

Now there's a worthwhile suggestion. Thanks Recluse, I can make that happen.

Awesome, thank you!  I kind of wish the Codex had a place within all entries called Content Origin (i.e. Content Origin: Vanilla, Content Origin: The Nomads) or something similar, but that would require Alex to make some changes I believe.  The description seems like the best place for now.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 01, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »

Let me make a note to see about adding a "manufacturer" field to ships/weapons. There's only so many cool names, especially the more obvious ones, so I think any attempt to have mods not step on each others' toes is... well, depending on the total number of mods, it's going to be less than practical at some point, and people are going to be unhappy.

IMO, if mod ship/weapon/etc names clash, either with each other or with vanilla, then that's just a thing that happened - regardless of who had it first, I don't think it's fair to expect someone to give up a name that fits whatever they designed and is thematic to it.

So for example if there's a BRDY Scarab and a Nomads Scarab (which is very thematic for Nomads in particular), I don't think that's really a big issue even with vanilla having a Scarab. Especially if there was a way, in-game, to tell where it came from.

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 01, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »

Let me make a note to see about adding a "manufacturer" field to ships/weapons. There's only so many cool names, especially the more obvious ones, so I think any attempt to have mods not step on each others' toes is... well, depending on the total number of mods, it's going to be less than practical at some point, and people are going to be unhappy.
Does that mean we might get another codex tab for different ship makers and/or industrial interests? Would be interesting for lore, especially for things like the Ko Combine or Fabrique Orbital.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #547 on: July 01, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »

Let me make a note to see about adding a "manufacturer" field to ships/weapons.

That's a great idea Alex. I think it would make a lot of streamers happy, too; they download a lot of content.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 01, 2017, 10:14:48 AM »

Does that mean we might get another codex tab for different ship makers and/or industrial interests? Would be interesting for lore, especially for things like the Ko Combine or Fabrique Orbital.

I wouldn't expect it initially - I'd imagine that field would simply not show for vanilla ships at first - but mmmaybe. It Depends.

aReclusiveMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 01, 2017, 10:17:51 AM »

This is a great solution to the problem that is fair to everyone and very useful for players.

Yes, having a way to filter the codex by manufacturer would be great as well.  That way when I install a new mod I can quickly review all the ships/weapons it contains without scrolling and playing the "what looks new here" mini-game.   ;)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.3
« Reply #550 on: July 01, 2017, 08:36:05 PM »

Download Latest Version 1.4.3-rc2

* Added the "Leaf" autonomous planetary survey probe
* Added the "Cactus" tanker
* Nerfed the Rattlesnake again; now it can still go toe-to-toe with other heavy cruisers like the Eagle, but cannot "punch above its weight" like it used to. It's more in line with my intended niche for the ship now.
* All Nomad ship and weapon prices have been adjusted for galactic inflation.
* Slight range reduction on the Twin & Triple Electron Maser
* Universal slots on the Death Bloom and Rattlesnake have been downgraded to Ballistic. This limits the amount of balancing work necessary, and also prevents some really broken combinations.
* Updated faction shipRoles, fleetTypeNames, and doctrine
* Fixed the Roadrunner engine FX; no longer has more-than-necessary overhang/overlap with the ship sprite, which improves lighting effects and glow-bleed from the engine flares.
* Updated roster
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:50:29 PM by Trylobot »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.3
« Reply #551 on: July 02, 2017, 03:07:09 AM »

I'm glad to see the Nomads have been resurrected, i'll definitely add them for my next campaign.

PokerChen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.3-rc2
« Reply #552 on: July 02, 2017, 01:57:34 PM »

Public note: I will slowly fill out the lore entry for the new ships over the next weeks.

Also, I'm glad Alex has stepped in on the possibility of adding manufacturer fields.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.4-rc2
« Reply #553 on: July 03, 2017, 12:50:12 AM »

Download Latest Version 1.4.4-rc2

• Refactored the Komodo Mk.II to be an actual skin of the Komodo; rebalanced it against the Royal skin, and tweaked it a bit.
  • Added the "Komodo (Necro)" [credit to HELMUT for the sprite]
  • Cleaned up the cactus sprite a bit (shadows too dark)
  • Gila Monster: Doom Cannon ammo now regenerates (albeit slowly)
  • Gila Monster: Upgraded a few of the forward weapon slots to be actually useful
  • Slight buff to all Nomad weapon flux cost (per shot)
  • Slight buff to the Sandstorm and Rattlesnake flux capacity
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:08:54 PM by Trylobot »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.4-rc2
« Reply #554 on: July 03, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »

It would be nice if you leveraged Version Checker for the Nomads Trylobot.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42