Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Nomads, v1.4.11-rc2  (Read 370469 times)

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Nomads (0.4)
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 11:26:02 PM »

not bad
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:51:57 PM by Levik »

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »

So your basic tactic is to hope they die before you do?

I mean, that seems to work decently well until later, when your enemies are sitting on multiple LRMs - Im not too worried about srms and mrms, its the lrm spam that causes problems.

Id imagine as battles scale up in general the same issues arise

edit: additionally, that seems completely backwards when I look at the the single capital ship design - Basically a giant target with a single long ranged cannon. If its point defense weapons dont work for point defense, what is it supposed to do?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:49 PM »

Secret: the light blasters are really just for show. It better have support craft to distract, or it won't accomplish its goal. But, if it can sit unhindered and focus on a single battleship or battlecruiser, it will do surprisingly well at overloading shields and overcoming armor.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:21 PM »

well yeah, i figured that out - It does absolutely nothing outside of sitting as far away as possible and launching its doom cannon rain of death at people..
It just seems contrary to your tactics above

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »

Perhaps I should reduce the range and increase the rate of fire and shield efficacy

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 11:55:50 PM »

The doom cannon is overpowered: high dps, medium efficiency, long range only for 32 op. I think you should increase op and more than double flux cost.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 12:04:32 AM »

At the moment, it as a single weapon does something like three times as much dps as any other single large weapon (the one im comparing with being the plasma cannon), at over three times the range, with being about 50% more energy efficient.

(also the Capship has 250 OP, but uses ... 32+9*4? Like 70 of them? >_> )

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:23 AM »

Also slow down the projectile so it is used as intended only against capital ship

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: The Nomads (0.4b)
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

Okay - Doom cannon is OP, got the message, Here's an update. Brought down the range by 66%. Increased the flux-per-capita. Reduced the damage, and travel speed. More than doubled the OP cost, because it's still a really powerful weapon.

In my playtests, I was only able to beat the battleship about 50% of the time, ignoring the entire rest of the fight. And, I had to get real close-in to do it, so I soaked up a ton of damage from the Onslaught's weapons. There's no real way around it, but on the same token the Onslaught could not afford to ignore me either; he was constantly flipping his shields and venting to try and cope with the doom cannon.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

Tested and working with SF 0.51a (campaign and demo mission), no changes required

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »

I just watch video. I don't get a filling of mass. It's just turning tooo fast compare to Onslaught. Such big ship shouldn't turn so fast. Just my opinion.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »

It's just turning tooo fast compared to Onslaught.

You are absolutely right, I am going to decrease its manueverability immediately. I really want it to feel like one of the largest ships; on the same token, I am going to increase its maximum flux capacity. I also want to test it in bigger battles, so I'm going to write a second demo mission, this time a full-on Nomad Jihad Death Fleet facing off against a fully-kitted-out Mercenary Elite force, complete with Conquest Battlecruisers et cetera. I'll update the first post with the update when I'm done playtesting it.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 01:20:37 AM »

And dude yours ships are awesome. And on that big nasty thing with just 1 nasty weapon there is room for flight deck. From top to that circle control center. There is so much space on that ship. I really think that he got at least 1 flight deck... Dunno it's your ship but if it's up to me ill put him at least 1 flight deck. They are nomads, always on run it's just naturally that they have on their biggest ship a flight deck for fast scouting and defending and...
And and and you can do weaker version of DOOMthing and put it in medium slot a put 4 medslots so each cover 1/4 of ship and fire just 1 boltthingy (not 3 like big brother :))... or you can just ignore me  ;D

Like this:

P.S.  That extra "o" in "too" was on purpose and that lack of "d" in "compare"  was not  :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:30:16 AM by arcibalde »
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 01:28:03 AM »

I also want to test it in bigger battles, so I'm going to write a second demo mission, this time a full-on Nomad Jihad Death Fleet facing off against a fully-kitted-out Mercenary Elite force, complete with Conquest Battlecruisers et cetera. I'll update the first post with the update when I'm done playtesting it.
In my mod random battles i have added the nomads as a faction in the mission "random battle factions"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42