Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting 3 frames while in combat  (Read 699 times)

0wolfmoon0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Getting 3 frames while in combat
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:58:11 PM »

I'm having this issue where I get 3 fps when in combat, including the start menu (since there are ships flying in it). At first, this never happened. I downloaded a few mods and it only occasionally happened, but would go away after a few minutes. Now it is consistently happening every combat session/start menu, and does not go away. I know this must be related to the mods, but it doesn't seem tied to any specific one. My PC is not so weak that this should be occurring. Any idea how to fix this?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Getting 3 frames while in combat
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »

Hi - can you try turning GraphicsLib off, via the settings file in its folder? That should let you run mods that depend on it but without any performance issues that might stem from using it.

0wolfmoon0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »

Hi - can you try turning GraphicsLib off, via the settings file in its folder? That should let you run mods that depend on it but without any performance issues that might stem from using it.

That did it. It's a shame, I really liked the different effects

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »

You might be able to get it to work well by updating your graphics drivers and/or possibly messing with the graphics settings (via the Nvidia control panel/CCC/etc).