Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] Missing ships mod 1.0.3 9/12/23  (Read 381253 times)

ltyd0619

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC12] Missing ships mod
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2021, 06:12:15 AM »

Encounter a Luddic fleet with two Ragnaroks and some other ships. Once I defected all other ships, Ragnaroks will try to engage, but actually no ship was sent into battle. So a dead loop happened: engage -> no Ragnarok is send to battlefield -> auto win -> enemy still try to engage.

Bit late on this, but the game has a battle size setting to limit the amount of ships in combat. The total amount of points are split between both fleets, with a bonus to the larger fleet (Caps at a 60:40 split.

Assuming I'm looking at the right bit, the Ragnarok uses... Well, all of the points. I'm assuming that fleet points in the ships csv equals its deployment value, which puts this ship at 200 fleet points. You'll need to have your battle size maxed out in order for the Ragnarok to be deployable.

200 fleet points?  That's beyond my imagination.

Astralon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 06, 2021, 04:12:43 AM »

It's worse than that. Max battle size is 400, The rag, Nag, and pel all need 200 deployment to fight, but the game splits deployment 60-40 favoring the larger fleet. So even if you do up your max battle size to 400, you still need to outnumber your opponent to be able to field it. AKA battles you don't need a 200 supply a month drain.

You could go into your settings.json and up your max battle size higher, to about 500 and then you'd be able to use/fight it.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2021, 12:04:10 PM »

It's worse than that. Max battle size is 400, The rag, Nag, and pel all need 200 deployment to fight, but the game splits deployment 60-40 favoring the larger fleet. So even if you do up your max battle size to 400, you still need to outnumber your opponent to be able to field it. AKA battles you don't need a 200 supply a month drain.

You could go into your settings.json and up your max battle size higher, to about 500 and then you'd be able to use/fight it.

It doesn't work like that.

1. Deployment bias is determined by officer count and quality.
2. One ship can always be deployed, at least by the player, even if that ship exceeds available DP. In that case DP meter overflows with red, some negative number is shown iirc, regardless the ship can be deployed. Easy to reproduce in station defense scenarios in which there's a supporting fleet already on the battlefield.

Astralon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2021, 03:11:00 AM »

When I was looking through the settings, I came across this line:

"minFractionOfBattleSizeForSmallerSide":0.4,

And assumed smaller side was FP, not officers/officer level.

MurgianSwordsman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »

Love this mod, adds a ton of options and ships, the only thing I'd want to see would be Safety Overrides on the Luddic Path ships, as that tends to be their main shtick. I lov fielding a wolf-pack of safety override ships when doing pirate runs. Seeing that most of those ships have a lot less OP than their regular counterparts (LP Wolf for èxample), I don't think it's too-game breaking.

Weftin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2021, 08:18:32 AM »

I found a few mercenary fleets with them as their flagships, they're not too uncommon.

Yeah after digging around in my own game files it just turned out to be something wacky with my own game

Quill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2021, 09:03:01 PM »

What're the chances you'll make a couple more skins for the Nagato? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Aquabam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2021, 02:06:54 PM »

I've downloaded the mod and enabled it in game but the ships aren't in my game? am i missing something or?

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 01, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »

When I was looking through the settings, I came across this line:

"minFractionOfBattleSizeForSmallerSide":0.4,

And assumed smaller side was FP, not officers/officer level.

Previously (pre 0.95) it was based on FP, yes. Thanks for raising attention to that setting, I might rectify the redacted nonsense with it.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2021, 07:47:57 AM »

Wow, playing with this was an absolute blast.

The Staple in particular was amazing, I got one early and it carried me for most of the game. Threw in a few of LowTech Armada's Nixie Arrays and I had a great time unleashing a massive hail of bullets on unsuspecting enemies.

If you'd ever consider making an energy variant of it... I slapped one together for my personal game (recolored texture, mounts swapped to energy, rear mount large missile, inner side mounts removed, way less armor/hull but a better shield/reactor, plasma drives) and that quickly became another favorite. Tossed some charged beams on and I had a great little sniper ship.

Thanks for making this.

Eddyskingdom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2021, 03:43:36 AM »

So i seem to be suffering from a bug that i have been trying to fix for a while now but can't seem to find the Superships like Nagato and Ragnerok any where in the game and in the codex but when i look over code i can't see to figure out why they don't want to appear and i tried to see if it was because my other mods might cause to issue but no nothing. But it aint just superships the whole ship set of Ludic Path aint in the game either only few of the ships are like expidition class and a few others like the Hegemony ships set. If this is a feature where there hidden on the codex then please tell me so i have to no longer worry about it if not please help me fix it cause i want to see these big ships.

ZhAlias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2021, 07:38:44 AM »

I think Buffalo Mk.III and Nyx need some love, like decreasing their supplies or/and a skeleton crew. Especially Buffalo Mk.III, now it downgraded version of the condor(which is not that great on its own), with same requirements of supplies and crew, but still fewer ordinance points, civil hull and basically no weapon mounts.
Reducing supplies and crew requirements might do the trick as those ships are supposed to be cheap replacements.

Nyx is also hard to understand, ad it uses close supplies to the enforcer, but the enforcer is much stronger, has more weapon mounts and it is easy to get.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2021, 08:41:44 AM »

I am open to suggestions about new ships/balance of current ships. Staple and Albatross took me like a day to make with reading modding tutorials included, so i guess i could add ships relatively fast.
ill shoot my shot. have you thought of making a pirate version of legion(legion MK.II)?
where they scrap off some of the armor, some of the pd mounts, add more top speed with more frontal balistic mounts.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2021, 06:09:38 PM »

I am open to suggestions about new ships/balance of current ships. Staple and Albatross took me like a day to make with reading modding tutorials included, so i guess i could add ships relatively fast.
ill shoot my shot. have you thought of making a pirate version of legion(legion MK.II)?
where they scrap off some of the armor, some of the pd mounts, add more top speed with more frontal balistic mounts.
... now I'm curious if anyone's thought of creating a horrifying Frankenstein conglomeration of Legion and Onslaught. Seems like the kind of blasphemous thing pirates would do...

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2021, 06:38:26 PM »

... now I'm curious if anyone's thought of creating a horrifying Frankenstein conglomeration of Legion and Onslaught. Seems like the kind of blasphemous thing pirates would do...
I did that in my old (now deleted) mod Anvil Industries, it was ugly and poorly sprited. Its been long since deleted it in favor of a more refined sprite but nonetheless it was indeed blasphemous.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31