Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] Missing ships mod 1.0.3 9/12/23  (Read 373930 times)

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Missing ships mod
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2019, 05:52:03 AM »

Absolutely love the mod and the work you done so far. I am curious on the next possible release date for an update on this mod.

Also regarding the Ragnarok, I have done multiple different loadouts trying to weaponize it into a formidable ship but it always fall short as it has way too many guns and fighter slots that the amount of OP it has currently can support. The flux dissipation is also quite awful on the ship which makes sense as it is a Luddic Path ship but having dozens of guns on it makes it build up flux like crazy. Although I think the underperformance of the ship fits the faction, its 200 deployment cost is quite too much as 3 paragons will eat through this thing like nothing or really any competent fleet (Especially with anti armor guns) with some PD defense to destroy its missile barrage makes the Ragnarok a giant hunk of *** floating in space as its too slow to move and overloads quickly when trying to actually trying to apply pressure. So far this ship's only strength is to act like a battering ram against battle stations.

I greatly appreciate this mod as I love the idea of dreadnaughts but balancing is a pain in the ass.
i dont know when will the next update come. semester finals and all that.

Ye, ragnarok is floating hunk of ***. its supposed to be broadsider with hellbore guns and is supposed to have the lowest possible flux generating weapons. arbalests, machineguns, *** fighters. I think i fitted it with 4 perditions and rest talons/nails. Balance comes from insane amount of armor and practically indestructible large weapon slots due to their placement deep in the hull.

as for balancing, until i get enough time to get back in the game, i wont change much. but i might tweak its deployment points at some point. but equipment and OP wise it will stay like this. ergo big hunk of garbage.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »

Where do i find the Ragnarok? Is it a unique spawn, regular ship in pather fleets or is it a blueprint?

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2020, 01:17:09 AM »

Where do i find the Ragnarok? Is it a unique spawn, regular ship in pather fleets or is it a blueprint?

blueprint. should be same rarity as any other rare blueprint.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2020, 08:00:32 AM »

Would you consider making adjustments to the Ragnarok if requested? I really love the idea of a converted sporeship but there are a few things i think could make it look better.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:16:23 AM by Green Ghost »

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2020, 02:21:51 PM »

Would you consider making adjustments to the Ragnarok if requested? I really love the idea of a converted sporeship but there are a few things i think could make it look better.

sure, if you have ideas, just shoot. im glad that you would take time to think of something new

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2020, 05:04:54 AM »

This is just me spitting out ideas since i love big ships and is in no way me demanding they be done, so here goes.

First of all my biggest issue with the current ragnarok is that the middle section just looks like something that was welded onto the top of the rag and just looks off, and having massive engines on the side just looks goofy even by ludd standards, i think that needs to be removed and be replaced by more hull or maybe some hangar bays.

My second issue is with the entirety of the ship itself, it looks more like a pather homebrew than a converted domain era ship, that's probably down to it being made up of mostly prometheus mk.II parts which makes it look more like a flying refinery than a domain ship turned murder machine.

What i personally would like to see is the ship being made up of more explorarium/droneship parts to give it that old domain feel, i think the sporeship from ship/weapon pack is a good example, being largely made from mothership parts, so my thoughs was something along those lines but with a pather twist.

Anyway those are my thoughs, lemme know what you think.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:41:01 PM by Green Ghost »

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2020, 07:57:32 PM »

This is just me spitting out ideas since i love big ships and is in no way me demanding they be done, so here goes.

First of all my biggest issue with the current ragnarok is that the middle section just looks like something that was welded onto the top of the rag and just looks off, and having massive engines on the side just looks goofy even by ludd standards, i think that needs to be removed and be replaced by more hull or maybe some hangar bays.

My second issue is with the entirety of the ship itself, it looks more like a pather homebrew than a converted domain era ship, that's probably down to it being made up of mostly prometheus mk.II parts which makes it look more like a flying refinery than a domain ship turned murder machine.

What i personally would like to see is the ship being made up of more explorarium/droneship parts to give it that old domain feel, i think the sporeship from ship/weapon pack is a good example, being largely made from mothership parts, so my thoughs was something along those lines but with a pather twist.

Anyway those are my thoughs, lemme know what you think.
idea behind ragnarok is that it was actually just bunch of prometheuses welded on top of whats basically spacehulk, took a little inspiration from warhammer 40k ork spacehulk ships there. its supposed to look goofy as ***, engines in the middle are there to hold the ship together at high speeds. because i figured panther shipbuilding capabilities are rather lackluster. its more of a joke ship than anything else, mostly i tried my best to make derelict looking refurbished ship. as of late, im working im mods for other games, but eventually, i have plans for 2 more unconventional super ships-cryo ship-that would be independent ship centered around fleet support rather than combat, but would still be able to kick several battleships at once and then super mothership, derelict "ship" that was actually orbital shipyard with its AI going a tad bit mad. i have few ideas when it comes to high and low tech super ships, but those will likely be least important for me.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »

Would you consider making the ship I described? I have a real weak spot for the explorarium droneships and would love a dreadnought sized droneship/mothership styled ship to lay waste to pirates and [REDACTED]. Your mod is one of my favorites since I love big ships so I hope you'll say yes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 02:55:32 PM by Green Ghost »

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2020, 09:22:00 PM »

Would you consider making the ship I described? I have a real weak spot for the explorarium droneships and would love a dreadnought sized droneship/mothership styled ship to lay waste to pirates and [REDACTED]. Your mod is one of my favorites since I love big ships so I hope you'll say yes.
im planning on making derelict super ***, though i dont know when will i get down to it. to be honest, i started this mod because i didnt want to wait for someone else to make ships for me, so i started making them myself. you could try to do it too, its actually pretty fun.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2020, 09:44:30 PM »

I haven't got the slightest idea how to make ships though.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2020, 11:26:19 PM »

I haven't got the slightest idea how to make ships though.
were in the same boat then.

its quite easy, the hardest and longest part is actually making the image of a ship, that took most of my time. especially if you are unartistic goomba like me, so i had to resort to kitbashing. as for all the data that game uses-theres extremely easy to use program for that, its somewhere on the forum, ship editor or something like that. also there are good guides on the internet, so any problem you have, you can solve it by googling. i absolutely encourage you to try making a ship. my first ship is staple, and its design is also my first try, so you can see its not that hard. took me like 2 days to make it.

applejuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2020, 11:44:15 AM »

just wanna say that this is probably my most favorite ship mod

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2020, 05:09:58 AM »

just wanna say that this is probably my most favorite ship mod
thanks my dude. i really appreciate that you like my mod. if you have any requests or ideas, dont hold back, i will work on the mod some more in the future

Hunterbirk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2020, 07:46:18 PM »

Asskissing preamble: I absolutely love this mod, I have a hard time thinking about this game without immediately thinking of this mod. I've done modifications to each of the ships in this mod to tailor my preferences (such as supply use and fuel/cargo capacity), but other than that this floors me on how it stands out.

Question/problem: I've learned how to modify the stats of each ship but not how to fix weapon mounts. One of the medium ballistic mounts on the Nagato is at the wrong angle (as far as I can tell); Specifically, the one behind the very front heavy Mjolnir diagonal to it's right. The other ballistic mount on the left side is a 180-degree arc facing northwest with respect to the ship, however, the one on the right is a 180-degree arc facing dead north rather than northeast.

This is a very minor issue because the Nagato has a spectacular range and coverage otherwise but this one mount is driving me crazy and I don't know how to fix the mount's symmetry (damn it OCD). If you can let me know how to fix the angle of the mount I'd greatly appreciate it.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2020, 08:47:16 PM »

Asskissing preamble: I absolutely love this mod, I have a hard time thinking about this game without immediately thinking of this mod. I've done modifications to each of the ships in this mod to tailor my preferences (such as supply use and fuel/cargo capacity), but other than that this floors me on how it stands out.

Question/problem: I've learned how to modify the stats of each ship but not how to fix weapon mounts. One of the medium ballistic mounts on the Nagato is at the wrong angle (as far as I can tell); Specifically, the one behind the very front heavy Mjolnir diagonal to it's right. The other ballistic mount on the left side is a 180-degree arc facing northwest with respect to the ship, however, the one on the right is a 180-degree arc facing dead north rather than northeast.

This is a very minor issue because the Nagato has a spectacular range and coverage otherwise but this one mount is driving me crazy and I don't know how to fix the mount's symmetry (damn it OCD). If you can let me know how to fix the angle of the mount I'd greatly appreciate it.

its still not fixed? *** i must have forgot to save it. i will upload corrected version today.

edit:you sure have version 0.4? im looking at the ship data and cant find any medium with 0 degree medium slot. anyway, if you are using previous version, you can download "ship and weapons editor" start it, go to file>load mod>select mod folder of "missing ships", that will load mod path to the editor. then go to file>load data>data>hulls>missp_nagato.ship. after that, you open weapon slot interface by pressing "w", find the misaligned slot, correct it and then save the ship by pressing "v". or, if you dont feel like doing all that, navigate to the mod folder, sind "missp_nagato.ship" open it in some text editor-i use notepad++, find "WS0038" and "WS0039", one of them will not have 80 or -80 degrees, so make it 80 or -80, depending on what is wrong and save the file. look on other medium ballistic slots above it for reference, each slot should be pair slot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:06:12 PM by scarface »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30