Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] Missing ships mod 1.0.3 9/12/23  (Read 381314 times)

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Missing ships mod
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »

Well... i just tried to make fight hard, a challenging enemy, in modded starsector we have even more OP stuff than in vanilla. There is "Wurgandal" from ed shipyard who have barely enough damage to oneshot onslaught from his main cannon, phase capital ships or "Cathedral" from ship/weapon pack which with right loadout can devastate entire fleets literally solo.

So i thought what ragnarok supposed to be a bossfight (btw how i can meet this beast in game? is it just rare capital for ludds? or custom event) and i tried to make him a tough guy, so player must bring something special, something like titan torpedo from interstellar imperium. But as i said, even in vanilla we have Paragon which is actually in between capital and super capital class, even his deployment cost is 60. So you can bring few of them and win without casualties.

I didn't want to create ultimate beast for 200 deployment cost. My goal what i tried to achieve is no cheeky wins, only raw firepower and cannon fodder.

Your loadout vulnerable to:
1) Harras - Ill-Advised_Modifications hullmod make all job for you. Just entertain ragnarok ~1-2 minutes and he permanently lose most of his Large Ballistics and be not able to fight back
2) Kite - Paragons faster, have greater reach and powerful tachyons/high intensity lasers which countered by shields, but ragnarok have no shields, all damage is permanent
3) Fighter spam - any fighter wing armed with ion cannon or similar emp weapon, in sufficient quantity they cause malfunction of 95% weapon mounts with no chance to fend off
4) Exhaustion - not the greatest peak operating time, even if this ship wouldn't have Ill-Advised_Modifications you still can drain his combad readiness
5) Loadout flaw - inefficient weapon grouping

Thats why i ask to:
1) Remove Ill-Advised_Modifications
2) Change ITU to ATC
3) Enhance PD, devastators significantly raises requirement for ammount of wings to be considered as "sufficient quantity" and fill all bays with talon interceptors, they cheap, they replaced fast, they have swarmers and use them against ships if there is no enemy fighters presented, so they actually can act as weak bombers aswell
4) Add hardened subsystems like i did, just in case. Also solar shielding would be nice addition, for those smart bastards who can force fight in sun crown on purpose.
5) Manage weapon groups, PD should be in separate group, if all weapons in one group ship cannot multitask, it will protect himself from rockets and fighters or attack other ships. Also rockets must be in same group with main weapon array, this is purely for AI, because when he switch to rocket group he left main weapon array on autofire which causes significant flux waste. And no alterating, only linked mode.

It's up to you man, but you was right, in current state ragnarok is just overgrown prometheus
when i add boss fights, i will modify bosses to feel like bosses, yes. for now, ragnarok is just a very big ship. nothing more, unlike the nagato or the super carrier ship i made, which are serious on the battlefield.

also, right now, its impossible to meet these ships in the wild. in earlier comment i was asked how to meet them in the game, apart from building them, so right now, you will have to edit default roles and path role files, then enemies can field them.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2020, 09:22:29 AM »

Are there any other ships that we can't encounter normally on the wild? Because if so, can we build them at all?

Because normally, when you can't find a ship being fielded by the enemy, you also can't find a blueprint for it...

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »

Oh, my bad then, i thought this is a boss. But what you said changes everything, cause player can "restore" d-mods including Ill-Advised_Modifications. This also solves every problem with Ragnarok. If only i will find his blueprint.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »

Are there any other ships that we can't encounter normally on the wild? Because if so, can we build them at all?

Because normally, when you can't find a ship being fielded by the enemy, you also can't find a blueprint for it...
you can find blueprints for all 3 dreadnoughts, AI factions and your faction just wont field it in its fleets. I have a hard time deciding on whether i should make them lootable or not, because when you defeat one-when i finally fix the *** AI of the ships, then it will be a massive investment to defeat it, and getting bunch of supplies and fuel and a few guns from it doesnt seem like a good enough reward.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2020, 07:15:07 PM »

You could always make it so that they carry a blueprint for themselves as loot! That ought make it more interesting for players that prefer fighting to exploring  ;)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2020, 11:32:40 AM »

I would suggest nerfing your capitals a bit, especially the Dreadnoughts. I know they're hard to obtain but once you have them they're basically "I win" ships. The Carrier Dreadnought especially needs nerfed as the AI simply doesn't know how too fight that many fighters. 20 Bays on a carrier is pretty crazy.

If possible I'd suggest maybe trying to make the Dreadnoughts modular? The AI seems to know how too fight Modular Super-capitals (For example the Cathedral) plus it balances the ships a bit as you can destroy individual modules instead of having to chew through their massive Hull and Armour pools.

This is just suggestions though. I get that they are supposed to be super-ships. I just imo think even super-ships should be sorta balanced.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »

I would suggest nerfing your capitals a bit, especially the Dreadnoughts. I know they're hard to obtain but once you have them they're basically "I win" ships. The Carrier Dreadnought especially needs nerfed as the AI simply doesn't know how too fight that many fighters. 20 Bays on a carrier is pretty crazy.

If possible I'd suggest maybe trying to make the Dreadnoughts modular? The AI seems to know how too fight Modular Super-capitals (For example the Cathedral) plus it balances the ships a bit as you can destroy individual modules instead of having to chew through their massive Hull and Armour pools.

This is just suggestions though. I get that they are supposed to be super-ships. I just imo think even super-ships should be sorta balanced.
yea, its "i win" button. created these while i was colonizing entire sector and i needed some super ship able to just roll through every enemy fleet so i could colonize in peace. i honestly dont know how to balance them properly and all numbers are due to change. i think i might make super carrier 16 slot or something and alter its hull mod. i will see how that goes.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2020, 12:35:35 PM »

I think a good idea when trying to balance stuff is too think "How would I fight this" or "Is this fun too fight?".

If you have the skills I reckon you should make them Modular so you can disable seperate gun batteries and hangars. However, that depends on if you want too ofcourse.

But it makes more sense considering how you made them too help with your sector wide colonisation effort  :D

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2020, 12:48:12 PM »

From what I'm seeing it would be better if he made a variant ship, and make that one modular. So you could end up with the original one or the modular variant ship! The best part is, this way everyone gets what they want. An op and fun fighter supreme or a fighter supreme little toy that breaks if you shoot a vulcan too hard.

Everyone is happy then!

potato32

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2020, 11:58:25 PM »

Hum, hello, this is merely a question about the Nagato and some observations.
I made one and had fun with it, but I needed literally 8 prometheus tankers to move around with it and a supporting fleet. Is its fuel consumption meant to be this high?
A notion I noticed, was how devastating the ship was with shield bypass, additional armor and collapsed cargo holds. With 3600 armor, even the AI could troll ordo's so absurd that is. Personally, I almost solo'd the last IBB mission with it, but ended up having to retreat it due to CR, the ship was in amazing shape still.
So, yes, I'm confused about its fuel cost. I don't mind the supply cost of the ship, in fact, increasing it to 500 wouldn't change much so long as the ship costs 200 to deploy.
Thank you for reading.

scarface

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2020, 08:10:14 AM »

I made one and had fun with it, but I needed literally 8 prometheus tankers to move around with it and a supporting fleet. Is its fuel consumption meant to be this high?
A notion I noticed, was how devastating the ship was with shield bypass, additional armor and collapsed cargo holds. With 3600 armor, even the AI could troll ordo's so absurd that is. Personally, I almost solo'd the last IBB mission with it, but ended up having to retreat it due to CR, the ship was in amazing shape still.
So, yes, I'm confused about its fuel cost. I don't mind the supply cost of the ship, in fact, increasing it to 500 wouldn't change much so long as the ship costs 200 to deploy.
Thank you for reading.
yes, its meant to be that high. its one of the "balancing" features. to be honest, i think about making fuel requirements even bigger, its supposed to be pure battle ship, not patrol and not exploration ship. and id also probably increase supply cost. and yea, its supposed to be able to solo 5 ordos at once. if player can do that, then its working as intended. also, i did not account for other mods hull mods. there are some that make this ship night unbreakable so use those on your own volition.

potato32

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »

Thank you for reading.
yes, its meant to be that high. its one of the "balancing" features. to be honest, i think about making fuel requirements even bigger, its supposed to be pure battle ship, not patrol and not exploration ship. and id also probably increase supply cost. and yea, its supposed to be able to solo 5 ordos at once. if player can do that, then its working as intended. also, i did not account for other mods hull mods. there are some that make this ship night unbreakable so use those on your own volition.
Increasing the fuel cost would make it almost impossible to attack some modded factions. I just had a game where I HAD to ditch the nagato because I needed 45k fuel to bomb the core Legion Infernalis worlds... 45k for each of them a limited bombardment only, not multiple saturation bombardments. On the other hand, tremendrously higher supply cost or maybe a modifier that it needs an absurd number of marines to maintain its CR isn't going to inhibit battle but likely will chunk into exploration and patrol jobs.

Peanut Man

• Ensign
  • Peanut Man, Unsalted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2020, 03:29:04 PM »

Hallo! I've been having a lot of fun with your pack! But If you don't mind be pointing out something minor? it seems one of the ships, The Condor (Heg)? Seems to be using fast missile racks, Which would normally be fine but it seems that it doesn't use any kind of missiles as the former Missile slot is now a Hybrid slot. Just letting you know and thanks for the mod!

Jaiden

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2020, 02:44:58 PM »

I've really been enjoying this mod, the supercapital midlines are my wet dream, always loved the more traditional "human" look of midlines, and their boosters.

The fuel use is a pretty good balance mechanic. It makes me wish for a fleet composition saver, so we can swap out from "warpath" fleet to "patrol/exploration" fleet, cause if you go from Nagato or Pelagornis to any other composition of smaller ships, you end up with an overflow of crew/supplies needed.

Very good ships though, makes fights pretty much trivial, but I'm out to have fun, so who cares :)

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2020, 06:12:08 AM »

Considering how insane invasions can be in Nexerelin, i would love to see my faction fleets fielding those Dreadnoughts.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31