Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 586086 times)

CaptainOrion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25
« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »

Will this ever be updated to the latest version? I want to play it!

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 17, 2023, 02:05:40 PM »

There's an unofficial update on the equally unofficial discord server, if you want. Just join, then go look in the pinned comments in the #modded_gameplay channel. The added factions don't spawn however, from what I've heard. Rest should work fine.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2024, 06:43:51 AM »

99987642 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.substring(int, int)" because "subString" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.substring(int, int)" because "subString" is null
        at data.scripts.plugins.VayraElectroChaffAndJunkjetPlugin.spawnChaff(VayraElectroChaffAndJunkjetPlugin.java:281) ~[?:?]
        at data.scripts.weapons.VayraScrapOnHitEffect.onHit(VayraScrapOnHitEffect.java:38) ~[?:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.setDidDamage(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super.D.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

dragn, new crash found with your version

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 29, 2024, 11:34:12 PM »

dragn, new crash found with your version

I stopped maintaining it sometime before 0.96 came out. Lost the most recent source code in a computer move at some point and lost interest shortly afterwards.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 30, 2024, 12:10:45 AM »

There's an unofficial update on the equally unofficial discord server, if you want. Just join, then go look in the pinned comments in the #modded_gameplay channel. The added factions don't spawn however, from what I've heard. Rest should work fine.

Correct; it largely works, but .96 broke something about the colonial competitors spawning, which is a bummer.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 11, 2024, 06:44:54 PM »

You could always make a script or command chain to spawn them. You'll have to find a system and give them a planet by making a colony and transferring the market to them or doing so by command I forgot it's been a hot minute.

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2024, 06:08:42 PM »

You could always make a script or command chain to spawn them. You'll have to find a system and give them a planet by making a colony and transferring the market to them or doing so by command I forgot it's been a hot minute.

The main issue is that resurrecting the mod at this point would need someone to retrace all my steps with fixing bugs since the last official version, and then also fix whatever broke in the most recent version, unless you were going to work solely with decompiled code. Either way it would be an enormous pain in the ass; you would be better off just writing the colony code fresh at this point, especially since the other big feature (bounties) has been taken up by magiclib.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM »

Well, part of the problem there (and part of the reason I and some others continue to use VS) is that the VS Bounty Module was actually three different components:

- The unique bounty system, which was subsumed and upgraded by MagicLib
- The pirate bounty replacer, which effectively allows polities to place bounties on each other when hostile to one another, which always felt a little more verisimilitudinous to me, particularly in the context of Nexerelin also being enabled.
- The bounty-placed-on-player system, which also helped the world feel a bit more lived-in.

Only the first of those has really been replicated. The other two remain unique features to VS (so far as I'm aware), and thankfully they at least still work.

Resurrecting the mod will almost certainly be a real big pain (lord knows I haven't had the guts to try), but losing VS to slow decay is going to be seriously frustrating. It always did so much more than "unique bounties", and if VS is going to be left to rot, it'd be nice to see other mods take up the mantle of a lot of its features.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 17, 2024, 07:29:00 AM »

Resurrecting the mod will almost certainly be a real big pain (lord knows I haven't had the guts to try), but losing VS to slow decay is going to be seriously frustrating. It always did so much more than "unique bounties", and if VS is going to be left to rot, it'd be nice to see other mods take up the mantle of a lot of its features.
Oh I wish I had the talent to take up that mantle SpaceDrake and I salute theDragn for keeping it on life support through .96a. Vayra was such a huge influence when I started to make mods and she is missed by the community at large. She always thought outside the conventional norms and offered content unique to her vision. Personally I miss the opportunity to see the D&DSECTOR get further development. It was such a simple thing but I miss trying to get my virtual guy as far into the dungeon I could. At least we can keep the ship pack going, I would dearly miss those yellow utility ships.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 17, 2024, 12:07:55 PM »

The main issue is that resurrecting the mod at this point would need someone to retrace all my steps with fixing bugs since the last official version, and then also fix whatever broke in the most recent version, unless you were going to work solely with decompiled code. Either way it would be an enormous pain in the ass; you would be better off just writing the colony code fresh at this point, especially since the other big feature (bounties) has been taken up by magiclib.

Oh I wasn't saying that to you since I already knew your stance and situation on the mod being updated. I was just pointing out to anyone who still uses the mod with a version change or if someone wants to make a small script mod for that to spawn them.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]