Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: (already in game?) Tariffs change with reputations  (Read 942 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
(already in game?) Tariffs change with reputations
« on: August 25, 2019, 09:57:13 PM »

Simply, 30% is for neutral rep, decreases for positive rep with as low as 10% with a comission, can increase up to 50% if a faction hates you.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: (already in game?) Tariffs change with reputations
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 07:20:54 AM »

Let me hijack the thread.

I had some ideas about how black market/official market should actually work instead of zero profit official market/print money black market now
>size of official market/black market is influenced by stability(and base/planet modifiers from administrators, buildings and other stuff)
>that mean high stability planet would have most of the goods on open market with only small amount on black one
>stability also affects bribes needed for buying stuff from black market - high stability more % you need spend on bribes, buying it with transponders on also increase amount of bribes needed to buy stuff, friendly crime contact reduce it, maybe even influence amount of stuff you can buy(like changing stability ratio for open/black market share calculation)
>but high rep and commission reduce tariffs, commission reduce it for the faction obviously(also some for the commission if you have allied faction commission, less if not allied but friendly, much less if neutral - commission mean that you are legal and have papers right)
>rep reduce tariffs(plus local rep with local bozos reduce it even more) to the point that you actually can get some discount if you have commission, high rep and friendly contacts in place
>high rep and commission allow even trading in illegal normally goods(like you get weapon and medical drugs license sort off) on open market
>low stability colony would have most of their goods on black market with no bribes needed
>open port of course affect both black market share and amount of tarriffs/bribes

All these things are already in game.
>stability
>reputation
>local reputation(with base characters)
>commissions

It would also change trading from - sell everything on black market and swim in dosh vs trade on open market for loss.

33k7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 05:03:44 PM »

I support the idea if your Cooperative/commission with a faction. you should get that benefit hopefully though we get missions from them because I really don't feel like I'm doing much going after Pirates and terrorists is something you're already going to do once you establish your own colonies.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:05:15 PM by 33k7 »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »

Our own colonies with commerce are the worst.  Full tariffs on Open Market (for selling ships my colony can make, among other things), and no Black Market to trade at, because we are supposed to be good boys and buy from Colony Resources, which is useless when I have a ton of junk I want to sell, and I do not want to do that and lose 30% (not to mention monthly upkeep for the indie freeloaders).  I guess I am supposed to haul all of the stuff I want to sell in several Atlases and dump them at a pirate base for maximum profit before I raid and kill it.