Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Terraforming [Beta] 0.0.2v  (Read 20681 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming [Beta] 0.0.1v
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 01:48:16 AM »

Cool mod, looking foward to more features.

I've sent you a private message, please let me know if you haven't received it, as it's not showing up in my "sent messages".

You need to check this option in your forum profile settings.

"Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default."

Keld_Rhygar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 02:08:52 AM »

Cool mod, looking foward to more features.

I've sent you a private message, please let me know if you haven't received it, as it's not showing up in my "sent messages".

You need to check this option in your forum profile settings.

"Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default."
Thank you for the heads up

Matthew_Collins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »

Version Checker marks this mod as unsupported, and I can't seem to be able to build the structures. Am I dumb?

Keld_Rhygar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 12:29:28 AM »

Make sure the planet is "habitable". Won't show up otherwise. Also does NOT work on extreme hot/cold. It only works on normal hot/cold.

Matthew_Collins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 03:00:22 AM »

Make sure the planet is "habitable". Won't show up otherwise. Also does NOT work on extreme hot/cold. It only works on normal hot/cold.

Ahh I see, that'll do it. Definitely found it after making a few more colonies in more habitable areas. Fantastic mod!

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 03:31:15 AM »

"Catchy name* takes lobsters for 6 months (or more, maybe a year) and "plants" them. (requires water world)
After that the planet can farm volturnian lobsters with normal farming as if it was Volturn.

Mayan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming [Beta] 0.0.2v
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 02:03:07 PM »

Beta 0.0.2 just released. Moving from 0.0.1 to 0.0.2 save file, should be fine, but not guaranteed. Moving from not terminating mod at all, should be fine as well  :)

Keld_Rhygar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »

Good to see that the author is still working on this, good work!  ;D

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 04:50:28 PM »

Awesome, but can you add a mirror? I can't access the download.
Check out my ships

Sapfearon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2019, 08:46:55 PM »

YES! My dream comes true!

Eddren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 06:51:06 AM »

I dunno if you saw the same thread, but apparently all the coding for spawning the orbital mirrors and shades and such are actually in the Starsector files associated with the systems. If you can find them, I doubt it would be that much extra work to jury-rig the starbase spawning script into working for the stellar shaders and orbital mirrors for their respective buildings.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 07:11:23 AM »

A lot of yall are talking lore, and how we only see solar shades and the like.

But think about this:

The sector we are in is a absolute backwater; so much so that the only battlegroup the Domain sent to our sector was a disgraced one that was sent with only lightly moddified ships. And even back then such ships were extremely powerful. On top of that they sent out Drones, which even to this day are powerful enough to give the factions a run for their money (Mothership anyone?).

So think about it; the Domain had enough resources to send minor terraforming technology onto several worlds, a battlegroup that used its resources to create an entire faction into itself after the gates shutdown, and several drone / survey / cryosleeper ships into what is considered the ass end of nowhere, galactic scale wise.

What do you think the Domain has in its home worlds or core sectors? They'd probably have the tech to completely terraform a 300% hazard planet into a lush 100% hazard oasis, they just don't have the resources to send such powerful technology to our sector before the Gates collapsed considering we are a slum, galactic wise.

So it wouldn't be a surprise if attacking Remnant fleets allows us to find classified blueprints that Tri Tachyon might have stolen and secretly hidden from the Domain before the Gates shut down, and then hid again within the Remnant fleets when they still thought they could control them in the AI wars.

Or maybe a quest to find them, who knows. It'd make them properly end game and still require massive resources to do.

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »

This mod is very well-thought and I cant wait for updates :)

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 12:00:26 PM »

But think about this:

The sector we are in is a absolute backwater; so much so that the only battlegroup the Domain sent to our sector was a disgraced one that was sent with only lightly moddified ships. And even back then such ships were extremely powerful. On top of that they sent out Drones, which even to this day are powerful enough to give the factions a run for their money (Mothership anyone?).

So think about it; the Domain had enough resources to send minor terraforming technology onto several worlds, a battlegroup that used its resources to create an entire faction into itself after the gates shutdown, and several drone / survey / cryosleeper ships into what is considered the ass end of nowhere, galactic scale wise.

What do you think the Domain has in its home worlds or core sectors? They'd probably have the tech to completely terraform a 300% hazard planet into a lush 100% hazard oasis, they just don't have the resources to send such powerful technology to our sector before the Gates collapsed considering we are a slum, galactic wise.

So it wouldn't be a surprise if attacking Remnant fleets allows us to find classified blueprints that Tri Tachyon might have stolen and secretly hidden from the Domain before the Gates shut down, and then hid again within the Remnant fleets when they still thought they could control them in the AI wars.

Or maybe a quest to find them, who knows. It'd make them properly end game and still require massive resources to do.

Lore-wise, that makes sense. Just not sure if the game actually supports "Colony" blueprints in that way.
That being said, removing some of the issues aren't probably that hard. Like Decivilized is mostly an issue of spending the time, manpower and resources to really root out the troublesome holdouts.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »

But think about this:

Lore-wise, that makes sense. Just not sure if the game actually supports "Colony" blueprints in that way.
That being said, removing some of the issues aren't probably that hard. Like Decivilized is mostly an issue of spending the time, manpower and resources to really root out the troublesome holdouts.

The Red Planet quest, once completed, gives you the Planetary Shield blueprint that unlocks a colony upgrade. So "colony blueprints" exist and are properly coded in, so its possible to have advanced colony structures locked behind blueprints that you have to work for (maybe Remnant Nexus drop? Random blueprint drops in Mothership fights? Etc).
Pages: 1 [2] 3