Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: A Question on REDACTED and unique colony buildings. Also Hello.  (Read 2352 times)

BrightSkys

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello dearest brothers, I am sort of new here. I am part of the Ssethtide, however I've been playing this game nonstop in my freetime, to where I am questioning my sanity and the level of addiction this game has placed upon me. Frankly, I love it. Can't wait to follow it's development religiously. Rarely does a game make me enjoy it, to where I join it's forums. In fact, never before, until now.

Regardless, I'm deep in my first playthrough. I control a few systems west of the Core, and I've taken the BLUE LOBSTER, and wiped out the Sindrian Diktat (all they had to do was give my their lobster planet). I'm currently fortifying that central system, and my first planet is sitting on a lvl 9 population. I've got a massive fleet, lots of capital class ships. I've got a few million in the bank, most factions are starting to slowly hate me, and I'm not sure which faction I should obliterate next. (Or any at all. Advice would be loved.)

SPOILERS AHEAD.

I wonder if there are any more 'unique' buildings/structures/resources around that I'm missing. I've already gone and gotten the RED PLANET done, and I've got the lobster under my thumb. Is there anything else? I saw in the latest update's changelog, that the Alpha Core's advantages towards REDACTED Structure and REDACTED Facility have been changed. Are those something I can build following a quest like the RED PLANET or is that just for like... the REDACTED systems? Please tell me what I'm missing. I look forward to posting about cool ship builds and mods once I'm satisfied with this playthrough.

Ciao!

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: A Question on REDACTED and unique colony buildings. Also Hello.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:11:00 PM »

There’s one unique building that you can construct on any colony established within the same system as... uh... a special kind of fiercely guarded derelict, let’s say. No attached quest, you just have to find it while exploring. That’s the only special building aside from the one you’ve found.

BrightSkys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:16:43 PM »

There’s one unique building that you can construct on any colony established within the same system as... uh... a special kind of fiercely guarded derelict, let’s say. No attached quest, you just have to find it while exploring. That’s the only special building aside from the one you’ve found.

I have been all over, and fought large derelicts. One REDACTED Mothership, is that it? I don't even remember where that is. Where can I find out what derelict I am looking for?

Gyrus_Rectus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:19:03 PM »

You should take Nomios in Arcadia for Harvested Organs from the Cryosanctum

BrightSkys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »

You should take Nomios in Arcadia for Harvested Organs from the Cryosanctum

Good idea, I'll be sure to take that place as well! Is that all, just the Red Planet and the Cryosanctum? Or am I missing something?

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »

Good idea, I'll be sure to take that place as well! Is that all, just the Red Planet and the Cryosanctum? Or am I missing something?

Barring mods, pretty much. There are some folks looking to add on to it though so keep an eye on the modding section.