Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Grand Sector  (Read 191704 times)

Alec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Grand Sector
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 10:46:42 AM »

@Amorphis: It increases the number of stars by increasing the number of constellations.

Also I would try increasing the variable to something like 300 instead of 180 to test it. Pic-related is 500.
Besides that, classic "it works on my machine" with Nex. Granted that I haven't made a new Sector with the latest iterations of Nex(last was 0.9.3).

I've been using this mod for a while with my heavily modded Nex stuff, since I throw in so many factions the vanilla Sector is pretty crowded, surprisingly. However, something I've been curious to as I play more and more with this Grand Sector mod...

Does it seem to mess with the system generation somewhat? I've always heard that, in general, to encourage the exploration and use of further away systems, the game tends to generate more valuable/higher class planets and salvage in the further away systems. But I don't think I've seen this reflected when using this mod so far, I don't think I've even seen a Cyrosleeper still, and I do find a lot of pretty trashy systems even in the far reaches of the sector (or some without any planets at all).

This might just be confirmation bias, of course, or that system generation/spawning doesn't actually work that way.

I don't know. It may be that the Sector is hardcapped at X Cryosleepers regardless of the amount of stars/constellations. But then, even if it wasn't and it was linear to amount of stars/constellations. 2x the amount would add a lot more of empty stars to check, increasing the amount of exploration time(double time needed) to find a Cryosleeper. But then all that are just guesses.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »

@Amorphis: It increases the number of stars by increasing the number of constellations.

Also I would try increasing the variable to something like 300 instead of 180 to test it. Pic-related is 500.
Besides that, classic "it works on my machine" with Nex. Granted that I haven't made a new Sector with the latest iterations of Nex(last was 0.9.3).
Umo m8 i might have been a bit presumptuous there, should have taken a look at that jar in your mod file, my bad would have saved me an hour or two as well.
Na 180 + the size increase is more than fine esp on a amd gfx laptop when you have to rely on the intel graphics and its shared memory.

As for the ppl who suffer under the same ailment as my env, there is an easy fix by just replacing Starfarer.api.jars StarGenProc.class with that one your jar provides.
Keep up the good work and have a nice one m8.

"The early worm catcheth the bird."

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 09:57:52 PM »

How do i change the amount of stars generated?

Alec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 12:44:14 PM »

How do i change the amount of stars generated?
By changing the 70 line in the SectorProcGen class.
Code
int count = 100;

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 05:10:28 AM »

Hey can you add settable star sizes with settings.json?
I don't want to recompile the jar every time i try to set more/less stars

Alec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 05:22:07 AM »

Hey can you add settable star sizes with settings.json?
I don't want to recompile the jar every time i try to set more/less stars
Done.

wtftucker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »

Cant get the increases to work with Nex, but its possible I'm just dumb.  Changed the systemCountGS to 325 in mod, saved but I believe something within Nex is preventing the plugin from happening on Nex starts.  Any ideas?

I notice this within Nex #"newGameSectorProcGen":"exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorProcGen" in the base settings.  My extremely elementary understanding of whats going on is its pointing to a completely independent Sector Gen file that might also needed to be edited?? 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 11:59:22 AM by wtftucker »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 07:36:51 PM »

any plans on e.g. adding more customization ?

e.g.
number of nebulas ?

or weights for more planets / moons and similar stellar objects?

as it seems possible to procedurally generate as mentioned in
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15101.msg245025#msg245025

Tigrextreme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2019, 11:40:17 PM »

Cant get the increases to work with Nex, but its possible I'm just dumb.  Changed the systemCountGS to 325 in mod, saved but I believe something within Nex is preventing the plugin from happening on Nex starts.  Any ideas?

I notice this within Nex #"newGameSectorProcGen":"exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorProcGen" in the base settings.  My extremely elementary understanding of whats going on is its pointing to a completely independent Sector Gen file that might also needed to be edited??

Unfortunately, even running Grand sector mod alone doesn't generate the desired system count either.

Alec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2019, 12:31:40 AM »

Yup. *** up somewhere, trying to fix it. Meanwhile left the link for the old version.

Alec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2019, 01:27:46 AM »

Okay, I think I fixed. In theory.
Also added the constellation cell size for fun and profit.

e.g.
number of nebulas ?

Forgot to reply sorry.

I'm not planning to do much more with the procedural sector generation.
The weights for planets and such are in the class StarSystemGenerator. I guess(and is most certainly a wrong guess) someone could mod a StarSystemGenerator class, make it pick the weights from the settings.json and tell the SectorProcGen class to use the modded system generator. But that's just a guess from a brief look at how it works.
Also the StarSystemGenerator class are 2k lines of uncommented FUN, so really, just a guess.

AsterPiano

• Ensign
  • AKA TheLochNessCheeseBurger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2019, 08:26:22 AM »

e.g.
number of nebulas ?

Actually it might be much simpler to achieve what you want, the .csv files in starsector-core\data\campaign\procgen may be enough.
age_gen_data.csv allows you to increase the number of constellations that spawn as nebulae, and theoretically lets you increase the number of Binary and Trinary systems, though from testing it seems to be capped after a certain amount.

star_gen_data.csv allows you to change the distribution of stars that spawn (you can increase the chance of nebulae systems spawning). It also lets you increase the probability of stellar objects spawning around stars. (the probOrbits column, minOrbits column and maxOrbits column)

planet_gen_data.csv allows you to change the distribution of planets that spawn. There's a bunch of multipliers that change the chance of certain planets spawning in certain conditions (for example a 4x multiplier for terran planets spawning around yellow stars, a 0.2x multiplier for terran planets spawning around binary systems). The multipliers aren't limited to stars, you can also increase the chance of a planet type spawning as a moon of other planets.
You can also increase/decrease the chance of certain planets types having moons (the same probOrbits, minOrbits and maxOrbits variables used in star_gen_data).
And you can even increase the multiplier for specific planet types spawning as moons of specific planets types.

I use Google Sheets to edit them and then download them as .csv files again. I like exploration and playing with big star systems so I've been editing these a bunch. I'm not sure how to integrate these into a mod but you can edit them fairly easily (make sure to keep backups if you ever mess something up). I hope this helps.   :)

By the way, love the mod Alec, it's awesome that you managed to fix that issue. Wasn't spawning more systems for me yesterday but now it is  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:37:20 AM by TheLochNessCheeseBurger »

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2019, 09:34:38 AM »

this is trivial i guess in the mod.info
Code
	"description":"\"Map size increased 1.3x, star system count increased by 2.5x",

should be i guess

Code
	"description":"Map size increased 1.3x, star system count increased by 2.5x",

as there is no double "

Alec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2019, 10:07:01 AM »

this is trivial i guess in the mod.info
Code
	"description":"\"Map size increased 1.3x, star system count increased by 2.5x",

should be i guess

Code

as there is no double "
Thanks.
Completely didn't copypasted the mod.info from the first mod I could grab and badly edited it out.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »

Code
{
"id":"Z Grand Sector",
"name":"Z Grand Sector",
"author":"Alec",
"version":"0.1.1",