Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Grand Sector  (Read 191682 times)

Lord_Asmodeus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Grand Sector
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2019, 01:44:29 PM »

So maybe I'm crazy but I don't know where to look for the option to toggle hyperstorms on and off. Unless it's not available with Nexerelin also activated.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 07:09:39 AM »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zhhJOzph6tYksekCNWc45u6zc0k-ux7I

my noise texture for the hyperspace storms

note: to calculate size of picture i use divider, by 200 for the map x,y sizes

so e.g. 2560x1440 texture equals approx
"sectorWidth":512000
"sectorHeight":288000

the size of map can be +- 5% then as there is some overlap buffer

i got more resolutions but those are large unprocessed PNGs
while those available for download are already shrinked PNG

also from my observation, it's best if the x,y can be divided by the sector cell size
(and in case of this example those sectors can be divided by sector (stars) count too)
constellation cell size has effect on the density (and thus number) of those on resulting map

Code
"sectorWidth":288000,
"sectorHeight":192000,
"GrandSectorCellSize":3000,
"GrandSectorConstellationCellSize":7,
"GrandSectorCount":1024,
"GrandSectorRndArcs":64,

texture used for hyperspace then was 1440x960
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:05:05 AM by Dwarden »

Sheluna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2019, 07:56:50 AM »

I've noticed two weird issues : it's supposed to be the v0.2.2, and the game as well as the version checker are reading v0.2.1. The mod is shown as unsupported, and yet, it "works".

Travis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 06:09:31 AM »

So maybe I'm crazy but I don't know where to look for the option to toggle hyperstorms on and off. Unless it's not available with Nexerelin also activated.

It's not just you. I just installed Grand Sector on top of Nexerelin and I have no idea how to turn off the storms :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated from Alec or someone who has gotten it to work.

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2019, 11:48:21 PM »

It's not just you. I just installed Grand Sector on top of Nexerelin and I have no idea how to turn off the storms :-)

Any help would be greatly appreciated from Alec or someone who has gotten it to work.

Go to starsector/mods/grandsector/data/config. Open settings in notepad.

Change:

Code
"GrandSectorBoolHyperstorms":true,
to

Code
"GrandSectorBoolHyperstorms":false,

ThetaThree

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2020, 01:48:35 AM »

So, would there be some way to get this to work with Unknown Skies? Noticed the earlier statement of that mod being a cause of low quality systems near the edge of the larger map and it's been irking me a bit. Traveled through 20+ systems with half having nothing but the star and a single jump point. The other half only having one or two nearly worthless planets, maybe a few derelicts with the salvage only giving a bit of supplies and fuel. This includes 2 blackhole systems. Not even a single [REDACTED].

Howkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2020, 01:33:42 AM »

So, would there be some way to get this to work with Unknown Skies? Noticed the earlier statement of that mod being a cause of low quality systems near the edge of the larger map and it's been irking me a bit. Traveled through 20+ systems with half having nothing but the star and a single jump point. The other half only having one or two nearly worthless planets, maybe a few derelicts with the salvage only giving a bit of supplies and fuel. This includes 2 blackhole systems. Not even a single [REDACTED].

Is this what's causing these problems? Damn. Also seems to find little to no probes too. Tho i'm playing on random core worlds

DnaJur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »

For those intrested, I have exposed some generation options in the settings.json. I also have upped spawn for different constellation themes to hopefully make sector a bit less empty but had no time to playtest it so any feedback would be appreciated.
Download

ThetaThree

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2020, 11:31:05 AM »

Tried out this file DnaJur introduced. Consistent rewards from systems along the sector edge, very few wasted explorations. Only one complaint so far, there's an excessive amount of probes at times. Not sure what causes it, but sometimes there will be 3 or 5 probes around a single planet. Don't get me wrong, more loot is always good, and it's not like they don't have guardians. It's just a little strange to see so many probes.

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2020, 06:55:38 AM »

Is it just me or does any one else get some serious lag with this? I desperately want to play with this mod but the slow down makes it difficult. Is there any fixes or tweaks that can be done? I read here that it might be all the warp storms?
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »

DnaJur, I am getting a ton less lag from your download. Not sure what you did but thanks.
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

Hushed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2020, 01:38:04 AM »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zhhJOzph6tYksekCNWc45u6zc0k-ux7I

my noise texture for the hyperspace storms

note: to calculate size of picture i use divider, by 200 for the map x,y sizes

so e.g. 2560x1440 texture equals approx
"sectorWidth":512000
"sectorHeight":288000

the size of map can be +- 5% then as there is some overlap buffer

i got more resolutions but those are large unprocessed PNGs
while those available for download are already shrinked PNG

also from my observation, it's best if the x,y can be divided by the sector cell size
(and in case of this example those sectors can be divided by sector (stars) count too)
constellation cell size has effect on the density (and thus number) of those on resulting map

Code
"sectorWidth":288000,
"sectorHeight":192000,
"GrandSectorCellSize":3000,
"GrandSectorConstellationCellSize":7,
"GrandSectorCount":1024,
"GrandSectorRndArcs":64,

texture used for hyperspace then was 1440x960
Thanks for this.  I downloaded a one of the textures you posted, but where should I save it and what should I name it?

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 12:49:28 PM »

Honestly, I use this mod just to get rid of hyperspace storms.  They always struck me as a bad idea to begin with, and now I can just make them go away. 

;D

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »

Hey Alec,

Thanks for the mod, I like the larger map.
P.S. your "mod_info.json" still has the mod version as 0.2.1

Thanks.

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2020, 06:05:20 PM »

Does this mod change spawn rates of blueprints and rare items? the first few systems i entered i found a pristine nanoforge and multiple battleship blueprints.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5