Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596948 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)
« Reply #705 on: February 12, 2021, 03:49:28 AM »

Deleted the previous JAR and replaced it with the d/l in the previous post. Loaded the save that had the previous crash, pressed the "Intel" button and.....

127891 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.intel.misc.AspCourierDepartureIntel.getMapLocation(AspCourierDepartureIntel.java:343)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.getIntelTags(BaseIntelPlugin.java:236)
   at data.campaign.intel.misc.AspCourierDepartureIntel.getIntelTags(AspCourierDepartureIntel.java:297)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.ØÖ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.øÖ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.this.void(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO$7.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 12, 2021, 04:27:07 AM »

Thanks again, did wonder whether that would work ... sent you a pm - would you mind sending a savegame?

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 12, 2021, 08:42:38 AM »

Posted another hot ... update? (from original links) It's a candidate fix but hasn't been tested against received savegames (thank you!) ... will run some proper tests against savegames, with modlists / logging etc. over course of weekend, hopefully stop guessing about how to fix things.

But did get potential route to clarity via Histidine on Discord, which might explain what is going on ...

Felcaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 12, 2021, 10:49:47 AM »

Hey, great mod! The Junk Pirates are definitely a must have faction for my Starsector playthroughs.

I experienced the same crashes as the others above (I have not tried the hot update from today). I'm about to start a new campaign, so I figure I'll just go with the current stable version (which looks like it's.... 351?).

My question is, when you finish updating 3.5.3. will it be safe to update from 3.5.1.? Or will it break the save?

Either way, awesome awesome mod, thanks for the fun faction!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2021, 11:22:04 AM »

Thanks for the kind words!

Unfortunately it is highly likely to break things; I did a fairly heavy balance / tidy pass from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 which adds lots of non-save-compatible things.

If you fancy risking it; disabling junk explorers and asp couriers 'should' protect you from the current errant code; but yeah might be a little safer running 3.5.1 until I've really drilled down to whats happening; and can verify any fixes etc.

Felcaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 12, 2021, 11:49:43 AM »

Ok, darn, that's what I figured. I'll probably be extra safe and just stick with 3.5.1 for now. Thanks so much for the quick response!

Good luck squashing that bug!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 13, 2021, 02:32:34 PM »

Slight update; reliably generating the crash my end. Which is good, looks like indeed what is happening is I am losing data in the (at least the ASP) intel objects when leaving game / coming back in - which causes a null crash.

So it's going to need some rewriting, maybe simple maybe not, but I've got a good chance of having a proper go at it now.

In the meantime I've pushed a hotfix which externalises whether intel comes on or not. Defaults off, and keep it off, unless you like nasty surprises.

https://bitbucket.org/mendoncka/my-files/downloads/Junk_Pirates_353.zip

If you want, you can also grab the JAR:

https://bitbucket.org/mendoncka/my-files/downloads/JunkPirates.jar

But if you do that you'll need the updated mendoncaModSettings.ini to pick up the extra debugging bits I've put in (can leave as default; which turns off intel bits).

https://bitbucket.org/mendoncka/my-files/downloads/mendoncaModSettings.ini

(Save in mod directory over the existing)

Or alternatively, just play other mods until this gets sorted. Thanks for your patience!

Dabclipers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 14, 2021, 11:29:19 AM »

Hello Mendonca, I was wondering if you were working on updating the Junk Pirates update for .95a.  Big fan of the mod and having more pirate factions in the world.  Thanks!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 22, 2021, 06:49:53 AM »

Hello Mendonca, I was wondering if you were working on updating the Junk Pirates update for .95a.  Big fan of the mod and having more pirate factions in the world.  Thanks!

Hey! Sorry for delay in response, what with the release dropping and subsequent high levels of forum activity I missed this message.

In practice, right now I am not doing a huge amount on it, what with real life type issues and everything (nothing to be dramatic about, just busy times at work etc.)

My main hurdle at the minute to overcome is playing through 0.95 for long enough so I can get a grip on the new game as it is, and then shift things about appropriately.

The mod is definitely alive though! It's difficult to say exactly when the update will drop though, not sure it needs a huge amount of work but it does need some focused time on it; particularly understanding the overall vibe of the . I suppose it should be by the 7th June which will be the 10 year anniversary of the thread ...  ???

Thanks for the message though, it's appreciated.

wasara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 20, 2021, 12:16:53 PM »

So, I made an update to this mod for personal use, and its got everything working now except the custom dialog for just the factions in the rules.csv. (The dialog just uses game defaults for now, I can't find the problem there for the life of me, but that's a little off topic)

It's pretty stable and worth sharing.

However, I don't think I can pass it out without Mendonca's permission, so I'm asking here.

Apologies in advance for meddling in your mod

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 21, 2021, 06:53:19 PM »

Just want to stop in and say this by far my favorite mod for this game, thanks so much Mendonca!

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 16, 2022, 03:55:03 PM »

So, I made an update to this mod for personal use, and its got everything working now except the custom dialog for just the factions in the rules.csv. (The dialog just uses game defaults for now, I can't find the problem there for the life of me, but that's a little off topic)

However, I don't think I can pass it out without Mendonca's permission, so I'm asking here.

Apologies for the threadcromancy, just checking if you ever released this version? I'd love to play with it but I'm not sure Mendonca is around anymore.

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 07, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »

Apologies for the threadcromancy, just checking if you ever released this version? I'd love to play with it but I'm not sure Mendonca is around anymore.
Around a month ago Mendonca replied to a PM I sent him asking if he was still around and if the mod would be updated, and he said that he still cared about the mod but currently didn’t have the time to update Junk Pirates to work for 0.95.X because of IRL concerns.
He’s still around, just busy.

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 14, 2022, 09:19:50 PM »

Is this mod ever going to get updated? I used to really enjoy the ships in this mod. Even the orca

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 18, 2023, 08:49:45 PM »

Since it's been a year without any posting by Mendonca, I'm wondering if it anyone has made any updates to this mod to make it work with the current version of the game?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]