Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 596982 times)

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.0a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.00 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Req.
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2018, 12:22:11 PM »

The advanced blueprint package for the junk pirates has the same ships as the basic blueprint package because it seems you forgot junkprime and just used junk in the blueprint tags.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »

Thank you; you are quite right.

The error was in the plugin parameter field of special_items.csv - fixed up version HERE

Stick it in JP_RC/data/campaign/. prior to rolling out a major fix (or redownload in a few minutes)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 01, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »

It seems quite a few PACK and JP markets don't have basic industries like star ports, which cripples them. Since the JP are pirates they also get a large malus to accessibility making things worse for them. I have not looked at the ASP markets or any others the mod adds yet.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 01, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »

It seems quite a few PACK and JP markets don't have basic industries like star ports, which cripples them. Since the JP are pirates they also get a large malus to accessibility making things worse for them. I have not looked at the ASP markets or any others the mod adds yet.

Yeah, thanks, and I kind of wondered how this would pan out - as well as my own experience this isn't the first feedback I've had about this. I'm coming to the same conclusion that this is not ideal.

I've got a few ideas to try and tweak it a bit without these backwater stations suddenly becoming fully functioning industrial powerhouses, but we'll see how it pans out. In reality solution probably does involve a spaceport at a minimum; and I think 'the lore' could accept a removal of hostilities between the independents and the Junk Pirates to free up a bit more trade.

I think ASP system should be a bit better; but these are much more higher functioning colonies (apart from Bear's Pit, but that's okay)

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 01, 2018, 08:36:27 PM »

Supplying the Bear's Pit based on missions is extremely profitable, and generates pirate standing to boot. It's kind of a long flight in-system, but there's less risk of being interdicted in hyperspace.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:43:20 PM by Null Ganymede »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 03, 2018, 06:14:14 AM »

hmmm...the way the games set up now, without a spaceport none of the other things that are built at a  colony make any difference whatsoever. The very first thing that i build on a colony is a spaceport, regardless of anything else.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 03, 2018, 08:26:36 PM »

Heyya, the game crashes every time a grape splits.

Spoiler
288286 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.I.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.checkSplit(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 04, 2018, 02:15:47 PM »

Heyya, the game crashes every time a grape splits.

Spoiler
288286 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.I.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.checkSplit(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MirvAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Hi! I've got a chance to test this tonight - and I can't replicate - I'm getting reliable splits from all three 'Grapeshots' in the mission / refit simulator without the whole thing falling over.

Can anyone else point me in the direction of what could be causing this? Am I being too simplistic with my testing?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »

It might be an issue with specific target types only? I recall MShadowy had a crash with the Barrago early in 0.9a that would only come up when targeting ships without shields.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 04, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »

The Barrago uses custom AI, and it had a bug / oversight in how it was coded.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 04, 2018, 05:35:38 PM »

Alright, false alarm.  I didn't realize there were some patches for the base game.

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 04, 2018, 06:49:49 PM »

Weapon Slot 3 and 9 cause a crash due to those slots not existing in -> syndicate_asp_gigantophis_Support.variant

Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [syndicate_asp_gigantophis] variant [syndicate_asp_gigantophis_Support]: slot id [WS 3] not found for weapon [lrpdlaser]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [syndicate_asp_gigantophis] variant [syndicate_asp_gigantophis_Support]: slot id [WS 9] not found for weapon [phasebeam]

Not sure if intended but a bit of feedback ~
The various stations not having starports in every market seems to make them default to the goods being sold there at immense value compared to other stations, making it easy to rack up vast millions rapidly by selling even just supplies there for 4-6x their stock price.

Not much else to say on that side of things, besides that crash and the market concerns
Fun addition to my game, lots of variety and a good feeling of history to the factions.
I was a bit surprised at first that the 'pirates' weren't hostile to me xD

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 05, 2018, 12:05:54 AM »

Alright, false alarm.  I didn't realize there were some patches for the base game.

Thank you for letting me know :) I can relax a little until the next one ...

Weapon Slot 3 and 9 cause a crash due to those slots not existing in -> syndicate_asp_gigantophis_Support.variant

Yeah; I 'deprecated' the variant but didn't remove it from the folder - so you can still select it as an option. The easy fix is either not to do this in variant selector (great solution, huh?) or to delete the .variant file from the mod folder.

And essentially, the file won't be there, next time round.

Not sure if intended but a bit of feedback ~
The various stations not having starports in every market seems to make them default to the goods being sold there at immense value compared to other stations, making it easy to rack up vast millions rapidly by selling even just supplies there for 4-6x their stock price.
Heh; not *quite* working as intended. They were supposed to be backwater places; but the current economy is obviously giving them fairly significant demands (where perhaps I thought they wouldn't). Should have fixed that up in my version just by giving them a starport. It seems to sit them in a fairly reasonable place - perhaps they are a little more prosperous than I would hope but the alternative just doesn't work - without looking at custom industries or conditions - which I'm not sure how much I want to do without a great deal of thought or at least waiting to see how 0.9.1 pans out.

Also; having a bit more time to reflect on what is actually going on; I went through the whole JP / vanilla / modded faction baseline relationships last night.

Removing refining from Paddington (the ASP main base) and making them hostile with the Persean League moves them from being basically the dominant economic force in the sector (at January 206); to a little less significant. Their overall standing (and pristine nanoforge ... HANDS OFF) allows them to push to the top of the Ship Hulls market; and quite handily they also sit near the top of the Drugs and Organs market - without needing any custom industries to nudge it that way.

Also giving more favourable relations between the Junk Pirates and the Independents just frees up that side; gives them access to organics and some other key parts of the economy they were missing. That and the starports eases issues throughout Breh'inni.

Hopefully they should be more interesting linked in with the wider modiverse; a few more hostilities and alliances to mix about the economy as well as all the rest.

Got some more housekeeping type stuff to do and should get the next version out in the next few days.

Not much else to say on that side of things, besides that crash and the market concerns
Fun addition to my game, lots of variety and a good feeling of history to the factions.
I was a bit surprised at first that the 'pirates' weren't hostile to me xD

Thank you for the feedback :)

(And yeah; they kinda ARE pirates, if you are a Hegemony sympathiser at least. I think it's good to have that neutral starting point with the player - and then it's up to you - you can treat them as actual pirates; like any ordinary Hegemony Scum - or see the light and try and make friends.)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.0a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.01 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Req.
« Reply #598 on: December 06, 2018, 02:37:36 PM »

DOWNLOAD

Junk Pirates 3.0.1 - War and Peace

Housekeeping:
Blueprint graphics added - 1 per faction - for the Blueprint Packs (Using vanilla 'chips' still)
Fighter attack run offsets added
Removed fallbacks from default ship roles to avoid future conflicts
Hyperspace nebulae around systems cleaned up
(Added normal maps for new ASP ships)
Design types colours added for factions
(Deprecated) Gigantophis Support Variant removed
Copperhead Sprites softened at dark bits; some extra detail
Hognose sharpened a touch at front.
Added description for Typewriter and Mag-bomb
Copperhead (P) increased OP budget; changed Brutaliser variant
Grape Launchers M & L mount OP cost generally nudged down
Fixed up junk_pirates_portrait_f_5 - wrong PNG format
Added muzzle flash / glow to PICA PICA
Switched out flat normal on Magpie for hopefully less flat normal

Music:
"Versus the Ghost" track shifted to ASP markets only

Economy / Politics:
Wholesale refresh of faction relations. Significance clear with current access / economy.
-Broadly speaking, tweaked only - but attempt to align with ideals and geography
-Persean League / ASP competition leads to hostility.
-PACK are a little naive; but optimism generally leads to better relations
-Junk Pirates' dislike of 'the man' reflected in overall softening to the little guy. Neutral with PL.
Christchurch; Bear's Pit; NOMDE; Ear Burns; Karkov Academy - Spaceports added.
Refining removed from ASP Syndicate / Paddington.

emeticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.0a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.01 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.) - Graphicslib Req.
« Reply #599 on: December 16, 2018, 05:11:27 AM »

Hello,

mod doesn't work for me I am not sure why. I didn't change anything in the setup files so I guess I am running with 4mb, but it doesn't stop me running the gamne with literally every other mod under the sun. Any combination that includes Junk Pirates with crash at campaign start with the following pop up replacing the game : Fatal : com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.addOrbitalStation(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;FFFLJava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/string;)Lcom/FS/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
Check starsector.log for more info

I have to confess I didn't find the starsector.log file. I just did it again with just junk pirates and the three lib mods. I really don't think the game ran out of memory litterally 30s after booting up and when I start a new campaign but I have no clue what it is - I usually run 20-25 mods and never had a game crash at all, but I miss junk pirates I used to play with them years ago and it worked great back then.
Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48