Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] 'Junk Pirates' 3.5.3 (including ASP & P.A.C.K.)  (Read 597054 times)

Sleeeper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Error loading [graphics/pack/ships/material/pack_pitbull2Material.png]

Fixed it and few more errors:

[attachment deleted by admin]

zaszella

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Finally updated
All three factions in one mod.Looks like a 66%off. :D

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Error loading [graphics/pack/ships/material/pack_pitbull2Material.png]

Fixed it and few more errors:

Thank you

(My computer has a rubbish graphics card, I can't test with shaderlib properly :()

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Are the fixes mentioned in previous posts in the current version?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Nanao,

Not yet incorporated in the download, sorry. Will try and get a maintenance update out in the next couple of days, but also working through some details on balance and other finer points with D.R on SS+ integration, so still need to do a bit of testing to make sure my current version is as stable and correct as possible.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile

Nanao, just use the link above: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=161.0;attach=2727

Works perfectly, tested :)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66536185/junk_pirates231.zip

Updated version, maintenance for last time, and preparation for SS+ compatibility.

Hopefully all is well, still can't quite thoroughly test with shaderlib, so I hope everything is fixed (going to bed now ... zzz)

Lots of tweaks and fine tuning this time round, all of which are frankly only possible thanks to the discerning eye, good taste (and direct help) of Dark.Revenant.

A few more things to do, but those will take a bit more time to fix properly.

Junk Pirates v2.3.1
- Rebalance of a number of ships, particularly cost to buy and FP to field (D.R)
- Faction descriptions added
- Shaders fixed (D.R)
- Dudong ship tweaked (D.R)
- Grapeshot buffed (D.R)
- Du(g)ong support variant fixed (pilum was in wrong group)
- Some text stuff tweaked
- PACK and ASP post bounties

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile

I've been getting overwriting confirmation for duplicated file "JP_RC\data\campaign\econ\junk_pirates_cryoculture.java~" when extracting using 7-zip. Is this intended behavior?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile

It seems two copies were included somehow; one is both newer and larger, so I assume it's the intended one.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I've been getting overwriting confirmation for duplicated file "JP_RC\data\campaign\econ\junk_pirates_cryoculture.java~" when extracting using 7-zip. Is this intended behavior?

Ah okay, yeah, I see.

It seems there are backups of files in the campaign/econ/. folder - I was under the (mistaken, obviously) impression I had cleaned these up throughout the zip - and there are two because linux (my machine) thinks cryoculture.java~ and Cryoculture.java~ are two separate files, whilst windows does not (hence the overwrite prompt)

It shouldn't affect things either way (the 'tilde' files aren't used by SS, they are just because I haven't deleted them) and I'll tidy the file up when I next get a chance.

Let me know if there are residual issues (I don't think there will be) and thanks for bringing this up.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account

the junk pirates... are aptly named. their ships look like they were cobbled together from junk, which they apparently were. i respect the mod itself, but i... just cant force myself to like any of it's ships. keep in mind this is coming from a guy who regularly builds chrome plated abstract space art that i call spaceships, so maybe the aesthetics are a personal thing. or maybe im too used to the BSF forums where even the mid grade shipbuilder's creations would be considered top of the line ships by SS standards. and maybe that's part of why i want to convert all those beautiful BSF spaceships and factions into actual SS mod factions...
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile

the junk pirates... are aptly named. their ships look like they were cobbled together from junk, which they apparently were. i respect the mod itself, but i... just cant force myself to like any of it's ships. keep in mind this is coming from a guy who regularly builds chrome plated abstract space art that i call spaceships, so maybe the aesthetics are a personal thing. or maybe im too used to the BSF forums where even the mid grade shipbuilder's creations would be considered top of the line ships by SS standards. and maybe that's part of why i want to convert all those beautiful BSF spaceships and factions into actual SS mod factions...

I agree that it is your personal sense of aesthetics. There are plenty of mods already that have very sleek figures, including ships in this mod itself (ASP & PACK). If I had to agree though, I'd say that rather than incorporating halves of whole ships, and looking oddly new and shiny, I feel like they could be cobbled together from existing ships, with some pieces missing, or hastily replaced with metal or exposed mechanics. As they are though, I don't really mind.

Anyway, to the author, a friend and I had an idea to make the Junk Pirates more interesting; it may be possible to create hull mods for their ships that give bonuses to loot from battles, of some kind. I figure they and their ships would be good at making use of every piece they can get.

Thanks for readin'!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

or maybe im too used to the BSF forums where even the mid grade shipbuilder's creations would be considered top of the line ships by SS standards. and maybe that's part of why i want to convert all those beautiful BSF spaceships and factions into actual SS mod factions...

Did you just compare BSF ships to the best stuff SS has to offer?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile

or maybe im too used to the BSF forums where even the mid grade shipbuilder's creations would be considered top of the line ships by SS standards. and maybe that's part of why i want to convert all those beautiful BSF spaceships and factions into actual SS mod factions...

I laughed! You are saying that this:
is "top of the line" compared to this:

"Aesthetics are a personal thing" indeed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:01:12 PM by Tartiflette »

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account

that... was one of my first ever ships, and one of the crappiest things ive ever built. im still ashamed of it. and im at best a mediocre BSF shipbuilder. this is what a proper ship looks like: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=5073&mode=view
and even that isnt necessarily great by BSF standards. the outer pylons look slightly disconnected if you look at them. i just like the bright colors and high tech look of most BSF ships more than the dull, though not in any way flawed SS ships. they are definitely their own games with their own styles.

edit: actually, my old ship looks a little bit like a symmetrical, brightly colored junk pirate ship. messy, rough and a bit ugly, though with a not too horrid general shape/ outline.
and this is an example of an experienced BSF shipbuilder: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6885 on par with the best SS modders out there.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:52:24 PM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48