Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26  (Read 424364 times)

GaryVary

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2021, 01:53:31 PM »

Hello, I've noticed for a long time that AI controlled Badger MkII almost never use Hammer Carrier Kamikaze wing even in Linked mode (You can spam with this weapon when you control this ship). I thought that it should spam projectiles like Pilum weapon. Is it correct?
This ship is almost bad without this feature.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:09:17 PM by GaryVary »

Elukka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2021, 01:01:09 PM »

I put all the beams and all the range on this Typhon and I think it may be a little disgusting.

Cruisers?
https://i.imgur.com/4jbyn9R.png
Melted at hilarious range.

Conquest?
https://i.imgur.com/e6n9ICp.png
Pop it goes.

e: It does have a weakness: Getting bumrushed by a ton of Pathers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:25:57 PM by Elukka »

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:23 AM »

Just wanted to thank you for this mod. It was already awesome a year back, but now I really enjoy having a complete exploration fleet to play with. Some of the designs are even overlapping but who cares I love them. Definitely my play style, even if they are not that OP or even efficient.

I put all the beams and all the range on this Typhon and I think it may be a little disgusting.

The exploration battlecruiser is quite insane too as a laserboat, give it a try!

Namesarehard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2021, 03:36:54 PM »

This mod seems to have caused a save corruption bug for my save. It is possibly an interaction with roiders but i am not sure about that. was talking to roiders dev.
Roiders miner AI takes blame in log but that appears to be a false lead.
LootedTPC code was suggest to potentially be a cause.
and to be clear i do NOT have Vayra's sector installed.
save and log files are too big for me to post here fully.
97944 [Thread-3] INFO  org.histidine.testmod.plugins.TestConverter  - Checking class scripts.campaign.fleets.Roider_MinerRouteAI
97954 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
97954 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message       : null
method              : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.readResolve()
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 760023
class[1]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[2]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message       : null
method              : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.readResolve()
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 760023
class[1]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[2]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 03:42:08 PM by Namesarehard »

Athrahasis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2021, 08:21:10 PM »

Hmmm, it could probably use more Anarcho-Communist propaganda. Besides that, excellent as always.

DistressBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2022, 10:18:07 AM »

Not sure why you get flak over splitting the mods, it super cool of you to do that for the player.
Pirate fleet pursing your fleet

Mb_03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2022, 12:12:14 PM »

Are there any third party fixes (or similar when using with 0.95.1? this mod causes a hard crash whenever you fight luddic ships now :(

Spoiler
258907 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
   at data.scripts.plugins.VayraProjHandlerPlugin.advance(VayraProjHandlerPlugin.java:290)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2022, 06:30:17 AM »

Good day.

Many thanks for the set of mining ships, paired with the Nexerelin mod, I can finally play the role of an honest miner in the initial stages of the next passage.

Are there any plans to add new similar hulls or add modifications to them for automatic resource processing?

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2022, 06:34:04 AM »

Good day.

Many thanks for the set of mining ships, paired with the Nexerelin mod, I can finally play the role of an honest miner in the initial stages of the next passage.

Are there any plans to add new similar hulls or add modifications to them for automatic resource processing?

Varya isn't active as far as I know.

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2022, 05:40:05 PM »

After long study I've determined that the Spade--though I love the little ship--is very Over-Powered.  It is to small and cheap to receive full benefits from hullmods.  Anyone else thinking this? 

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2022, 10:26:44 AM »

After long study I've determined that the Spade--though I love the little ship--is very Over-Powered.  It is to small and cheap to receive full benefits from hullmods.  Anyone else thinking this?

i absolutely hate it and it is the sole reason i stopped using VSP ;D

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »

The only problem I have with the Spade is that NPC ones are so easy to kill but still count as full frigates for bounty purposes.

That said, it's incredibly easy to remove the Spade, if it bothers you, albeit some ways would break saves.

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2022, 12:18:18 PM »

the sole reason i stopped using VSP

Easy fix; just crack open the mod, go to data/hulls, data/hulls/skins, data/variants, data/world/factions, and data/config.  Delete the Spade's entry in Ship_Data.csv, its .ship file, it's two .skin files, all .variant files it may have, and go through each of the factions and default_ship_roles, and remove the spade from their known ships / spawn rates.  For safety's sake open up each file and glance over them, make sure there aren't any references (shouldn't be, it's spade, not a fancy ship) and if you have any errors on startup it should point you at the problem file to alter.  If you want to be safe, copy everything into a new mod folder and name the mod 'vayra minus spade' or something, so if you brake it you've still got the original.  In the meantime you'll develop a taste for modifying other people's work, and spend more time out of the game than in.  I apologize for nothing. 

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2022, 01:24:50 PM »

The only problem I have with the Spade is that NPC ones are so easy to kill but still count as full frigates for bounty purposes.

Well let me add to that list by pointing this out to you; a spade has half the logistic costs of the smallest vanilla frigate.  You pay 1 supply and $20 crew salary a month, .5 fuel per light year, and at a single deployment point each, for 5 DP I can add 5 spades with ECM Package and Nav Relay to max the bonuses on both.  Throw on some logistics hullmods, each spade reduces survey costs by 5 supplies/heavy machinery, if you survey 1 world every 5 months the spade pays for itself.  With the spade around, the only logistics mods you would take on larger ships are the ones with diminishing returns because the math works out so a single large ship is worth more than many small ships, (High Resolution Sensors, Salvage Gantry, etc) but for all other logistic mods take a swarm of spades. 

Now you can still do all this with vanilla frigates, but at the least it costs double in upkeep and deployment compared to the spade.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2022, 01:57:27 PM »

so what i'm hearing is 30 spade fleet
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14