Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26  (Read 424323 times)

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2021, 03:26:35 PM »

Is that big new one on the right a standard variant of the Manifesto from VS? Hell yeah it is.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 05:44:23 PM by PreConceptor »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2021, 06:21:28 AM »

A whole swathe of changes will be arriving soon to a Vayra's Ship Pack near you: Sprite changes big and small to a variety of ships from the tiny hail, to the now rather round Typhon, as well as the addition of the few new ships, some filling new roles in the ship roster. I hope you enjoy the eye candy while you wait.

I'm really, really looking forward to these future additions to the mod!

Is that big new one on the right a standard variant of the Manifesto from Communist Clouds? Hell yeah it is.

Looks like it. Can't wait to get that bad boy for my fleet when I'm doing a midline campaign!

Is there a XIV Tyrant variant?

I don't think there is a XIV Tryrantbuet, but there is a Luddic Path variant of it with built in Unstable Injector (and Ill Advised modifications, which you can restore at a dockyard) if you're interested!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »

Good day. I apologize in advance for using google translate.

I use this modification in every run of the game. The style of ship sprites is indistinguishable from vanilla sprites. That's cool. I am delighted with the ships for mining. Paired with Nexerelin, you now have the opportunity to play an honest miner. But I have a small suggestion - how about adding a built-in or add-on modification (or even a skill) to the thematic set of mining ships (or at least to the largest of them - Bear) - which allows you to process basic resources (ore and rare ore) into metal sheets and tansplutonic?

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »

Good day. I apologize in advance for using google translate.

I use this modification in every run of the game. The style of ship sprites is indistinguishable from vanilla sprites. That's cool. I am delighted with the ships for mining. Paired with Nexerelin, you now have the opportunity to play an honest miner. But I have a small suggestion - how about adding a built-in or add-on modification (or even a skill) to the thematic set of mining ships (or at least to the largest of them - Bear) - which allows you to process basic resources (ore and rare ore) into metal sheets and tansplutonic?
the mod prv adds an ore smelter hullmod you can find or buy from it's rust belt faction, if I remember correctly. There might be another mod that does something similar too, but I can't remember right now.

Malhavoc

• Ensign
  • Muscle Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »

So I've been trying to fidget with the new salvage and mining vessels, but I don't think the Mining Lance or LR Mining Laser are in the game, beyond what is auto-equipped (and they move around when equip stuff). I can't find them in any markets, and even went so far as to snag the Console Commands mod to try and get them. They just don't show up. Checking the actual game files, they do in fact exist, but I just don't think they are marketed.

EDIT: Derp! I just figured out how to get the darn thing to cooperate. Right clicking the mount location will randomly swap between mining gear. It is just a matter of clicking until you get the one you like. A very nifty feature, though not sure if it is intended. Still, problem solved.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 03:11:57 PM by Malhavoc »
I CAST FIST!

Lizzie

• Ensign
  • Don't ask me about paragons or onslaughts
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2021, 12:50:50 PM »

Work is still progressing on the new sprites, the update will be coming out soontm. In the meantime, here's the updated strikecraft sprites, with a couple of new additions to the top left to give midline some dedicated bombing capability.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »

Work is still progressing on the new sprites, the update will be coming out soontm. In the meantime, here's the updated strikecraft sprites, with a couple of new additions to the top left to give midline some dedicated bombing capability.
That's some good Ludd right there! Really looking forward to what is being created here!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2021, 03:15:03 PM »

Has anyone found out a way to remove the XIV ships (with their vanilla game ridiculing description) without crashing the game?

Lizzie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2021, 03:33:04 PM »

I've found not installing the mod is the best way to remove the 14th Battelgruep ships. They're some of the few sprites I'm not touching, I think they're fantastic.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2021, 04:07:19 PM »

I've found not installing the mod is the best way to remove the 14th Battelgruep ships. They're some of the few sprites I'm not touching, I think they're fantastic.
I like their sprites too, as I like yours. My problem is that their description text ridicules the entire game and I can't avoid noticing the text because of the continuous repetition of letters and punctuation marks.

Lizzie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2021, 04:48:50 PM »

If its just the descriptions you're bothered by, you can alter them rather easily by going into the data/hulls/skins and data/hullmods directories and altering them yourself.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2021, 04:31:13 AM »

A whole swathe of changes will be arriving soon to a Vayra's Ship Pack near you: Sprite changes big and small to a variety of ships from the tiny hail, to the now rather round Typhon, as well as the addition of the few new ships, some filling new roles in the ship roster. I hope you enjoy the eye candy while you wait.

Is that Midline Capital is the new Manifesto?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Lizzie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2021, 06:01:05 AM »

Its an export version, different weapon mounts compared to the PDPRC version, might not end up being called the manifesto either. I do eventually plan to PDPRC the new sprite too, since the original manifesto is a bit mediocre, looks-wise.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2021, 08:33:15 AM »

sorry for asking, but, what is the difference between the tyrant and the legion? i haven't played your mods yet and wonder if maybe i should considering how cool they seem to be

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2021, 11:47:40 AM »

sorry for asking, but, what is the difference between the tyrant and the legion? i haven't played your mods yet and wonder if maybe i should considering how cool they seem to be

Well the Tyrant is a fast battleship and the Legion is a battlecarrier. The former has aggressive mobility and firepower (with limited fighter support), the latter is a tough brick that brings many fighters close to the action.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14