Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26  (Read 425910 times)

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3 - less ruined ruin 2021-03-26
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2022, 07:18:26 AM »

Only for Vayra's Sector I'm affraid. The ship pack is bound to stay like this unless someone else steps in to make an unofficial compatibility update.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2022, 09:58:24 PM »

Does the Collapsed Cargo Hold modspec keep vanishing for anyone else? I had it one moment and now I can't find it to apply to my ships.

Karas-V

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2023, 09:50:02 PM »

IIRC Vayra has stepped back from modding and there's a unofficial update in the discord with their blessing.

Can someone give me a link for unofficial update?

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2023, 10:48:11 PM »

IIRC Vayra has stepped back from modding and there's a unofficial update in the discord with their blessing.

Can someone give me a link for unofficial update?

There isn't one, only for Sector and Kadur.

That said, the Ship Pack seems to work with the current version, but if the game will start to get slowdowns and memory leaks, it would be one of the prime suspects.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 05:37:52 AM by Shinr »

Sanrai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2023, 06:32:50 PM »

This appears to still work with a version change to .96.

Wuorg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2023, 07:55:57 AM »

This appears to still work with a version change to .96.

This is good to hear. Though, I really hope someone picks this up at some point, because this mod is too awesome to just let die.

SlumlordThanatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2023, 04:18:21 PM »

On one hand, the mod still works in the latest version.

On the other hand, while the ships are technically in the game, they don't appear in any markets. The only way to get them is to find blueprints and manufacture them yourself. Anyone have any idea why, and is it something I can fix?

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2023, 04:32:18 PM »

? They should be appearing in markets, I think. I've for sure seen Badgers and the like.

SlumlordThanatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2023, 05:48:30 PM »

I did some more testing...only some of the ships appear in markets. I can see Tyrants and the exploration-class ships, but I've never seen any of the Luddic Path ships or Dire Wolves.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2023, 12:19:04 PM »

I did some more testing...only some of the ships appear in markets. I can see Tyrants and the exploration-class ships, but I've never seen any of the Luddic Path ships or Dire Wolves.

I had the same problem so I looked into it. I don't know about the LP skins, but apparently any ships with only the 'hightech_bp' tag in ship_data.csv almost never show up for whatever reason, they aren't even visible as an option in Stelnet's market queries. In vanilla and every other mod they have something else along with hightech_bp like 'merc' or 'ind', which are the 2 most common by far.

So I edited ship_data.csv to add both merc and ind to the ships with only hightech_bp (Pinnacle, Dire Wolf, Exemplar, Seer & Clairvoyant, I think it somewhat makes sense for indies and mercs to have access to all 5) and now they actually show up in markets. I also edited the 5 derelict drones to have the 'auto_rec' tag so they can be recovered if the player has the Automated Ships skill, like other derelict drones. I'll attach my edited ship_data file, just change the file extension back to .csv (can't upload .csv files on forum, only .txt) and replace the existing ship_data.csv in the data > hulls folder. If that doesn't work its easy enough to edit tags manually, you can use Excel to modify .csv files.

Foraven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2023, 02:22:00 PM »

I had the same problem so I looked into it. I don't know about the LP skins, but apparently any ships with only the 'hightech_bp' tag in ship_data.csv almost never show up for whatever reason, they aren't even visible as an option in Stelnet's market queries. In vanilla and every other mod they have something else along with hightech_bp like 'merc' or 'ind', which are the 2 most common by far.

So I edited ship_data.csv to add both merc and ind to the ships with only hightech_bp (Pinnacle, Dire Wolf, Exemplar, Seer & Clairvoyant, I think it somewhat makes sense for indies and mercs to have access to all 5) and now they actually show up in markets. I also edited the 5 derelict drones to have the 'auto_rec' tag so they can be recovered if the player has the Automated Ships skill, like other derelict drones. I'll attach my edited ship_data file, just change the file extension back to .csv (can't upload .csv files on forum, only .txt) and replace the existing ship_data.csv in the data > hulls folder. If that doesn't work its easy enough to edit tags manually, you can use Excel to modify .csv files.

Good job!  :)

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2023, 10:22:52 AM »

I believe the reason for the high-tech ships being absent is that as of 0.96, no vanilla faction actually uses the "hightech_bp" tag for ships (in fact no faction uses any tech tag for ships aside from faction specific ones). Therefore most ships won't get automatically assigned to factions.

I may just go ahead and manually add the ships to all the faction files to make sure they work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:28:53 AM by Pet_Mudstone »

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2023, 08:15:59 PM »

Alright, I have finally got around to fixing up Vayra's Ship Pack for 0.96 with Vayra's permission. I have made no code actual Java code changes (source isn't available anyways Edit: source is included in original mod and in my reupload) however I did make tweaks to make everything fit alright into 0.96 faction doctrine.

Click here to download.

Changes:
  • Most ships have been given "ind" and "merc" tags where applicable so that they appear in independent, scavenger, and mercenary fleets.
  • Ships and weapons are all explictly added to non-independent .faction files now according to 0.96 changes to doctrine. Tri-Tachyon gets High-Tech ships as well as most of the energy weapons, Diktat and League get Midline ships, etc.
  • Scavengers no longer field "kadur_mining_bp" (the "mining-tech" line: Spades, Badgers, etc.) with increased frequency. It should be noted that scav fleets still use a lot of "mining-tech" ships in their fleets with this change, likely due to vanilla ship composition defintions.
  • Spade commonality in default_ship_roles.json halved. so that they appear in less-absurd amounts.
  • Derelict vessels now have the AUTO_REC tag so you can recover them with the appropriate skill.
  • Luddic Church no longer uses normal Buffalo Mk. IIs since they have their own version.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:01:45 PM by Pet_Mudstone »

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2023, 08:40:08 AM »

Alright, I have finally got around to fixing up Vayra's Ship Pack for 0.96 with Vayra's permission. I have made no code actual Java code changes (source isn't available anyways) however I did make tweaks to make everything fit alright into 0.96 faction doctrine.

Pretty cool, btw the source code is present, just in the data folder rather than a dedicated src folder.

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 04, 2023, 10:01:07 PM »

Well I failed a spot check oops. Regardless modifying source code of any kind is currently above my abilities at present anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14