Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 586364 times)

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25
« Reply #525 on: March 30, 2023, 11:10:51 PM »

This mod is compatible with utilities, faction mods, ship/weapon packs, Nexerelin, and other non-Total Conversion content mods.
It does, however, make one notable modification to vanilla which may cause incompatibilities with other mods in the future:
  • Replaces (removes from Sector and adds its own new classes) PersonBountyManager and PersonBountyIntel

Along with lack of spare RAM, this is what currently makes me hesitant to install this mod.

Can someone ELI5 me on what those two things do and what mods use them?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 02:42:58 AM by Shinr »

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 31, 2023, 07:46:20 PM »

You're going to need the unofficial update to this to play it. I have zero idea what that line of text does, but I've never done a playthrough yet without Vayra's Sector, and I have 60+ mods. Of course, there's a memory leak where too much saving/battles/reloading eventually requires you to relaunch Starsector once every 2+ hours or so, but I highly doubt THIS is the mod causing it, and not one of the other 59 (or multiple ones). Or maybe when you get too many mods there's just no helping it.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 01, 2023, 02:50:52 PM »

2432644 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV3.addCommanderSkills(FleetFactoryV3.java:1166)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV3.addCommanderSkills(FleetFactoryV3.java:1872)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyIntel.spawnFleet(VayraPersonBountyIntel.java:1341)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyIntel.<init>(VayraPersonBountyIntel.java:286)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager.createEvent(VayraPersonBountyManager.java:409)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager.advance(VayraPersonBountyManager.java:378)
   at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onNewGameAfterTimePass(VayraModPlugin.java:319)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

got another crash starting a save as a pirate on the latest version of the mod

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 06, 2023, 08:57:49 AM »

2432644 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException

download this
should be fixed, issue was some old 0.95 skills in faction files

edit: also have found an issue where it'll crash your game if one of the colony fleets tries to colonize a planet with industrial evolution ruins. Not sure whose fault that one is. I've also lost the source code during a system upgrade, so any fixes might take a little time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 04:40:29 PM by theDragn »

Hyperkayak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 11, 2023, 09:15:09 AM »

Hi, does extended use of this mod still cause the game to crash when you save?

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 17, 2023, 06:59:58 PM »

download this
should be fixed, issue was some old 0.95 skills in faction files

edit: also have found an issue where it'll crash your game if one of the colony fleets tries to colonize a planet with industrial evolution ruins. Not sure whose fault that one is. I've also lost the source code during a system upgrade, so any fixes might take a little time.

Gonna try that out and send any crash logs your way if I encounter any issues

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 28, 2023, 03:10:49 AM »

So as an update: by and large, most of Vayra's Sector still functions in .96a (MagicBounty legacy support covers HVBs, the VS random bounty manager works just fine, bounties on the player function as they always have, the PDPRC base spawns as it should, etc) but it appears that something has changed in either core Starsector, Nexerelin or LazyLib, and the colonial competitors (Ashen Keepers, the PDPRC beyond L'Interstellaire, the Stormhawks, the AI Institute, Rimward Venture) never spawn their founding expeditions, no matter how long you wait or what date you set for them to begin. Existing factions will still send colony expeditions, but the VS competitor factions will never appear.

I'm not sure how interested Dragn is in continuing to do maintenance updates, but it's about the only thing obviously wrong. VS does work otherwise, since it never relied on complex tooltips and doesn't require a recompile.

The only other problem, of course, is that the .faction files really need to be adjusted in light of .96's own adjustments to faction doctrine.

EDIT: As one other point: I've always wondered if there's a console command to just outright assign the player a bounty. There's a personal playthrough I'd like to do at some point that'd feature giving my character a VS bounty pretty much permanently until the bounty issuers are "dealt with".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 03:28:09 PM by SpaceDrake »

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 30, 2023, 04:36:23 PM »

I'm not sure how interested Dragn is in continuing to do maintenance updates, but it's about the only thing obviously wrong. VS does work otherwise, since it never relied on complex tooltips and doesn't require a recompile.

I'll be honest, I'm not. I managed to lose the source code for the updated versions when I upgraded computers, and I don't think the included source in my update is actually up to date (I think it's a few bugfixes out of date). Any further work would need to sort that out first or work from decompiled code (which isn't too hard in java, thankfully). But it's more work than I'm looking to put in at the moment, especially because I am playing other games than starsector at the moment. I'll come back to starsector eventually- this isn't a "I'm gone forever" situation, but I probably won't be in a mood to figure stuff out for VS for a few months at a minimum. (I also have another mod that's early in development and is taking up more of my attention when it comes to starsector things.)

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 30, 2023, 07:51:07 PM »

Understandable. I'd be half tempted to try taking up the project myself, if it weren't for the fact that I am an utter novice at Java (as in, "how does the syntax work?" and "how do I create an IDE for myself?" level) and would definitely not be up to the task of trying to rebuild previous updates.

Still, thank you for the work you've put in to date! It's really this one feature that isn't working, and the rest of VS is still truckin' along, doing a bunch of things I wish the vanilla game would do.

Ultiblaze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 01, 2023, 05:17:52 PM »

I don't suppose there is a link to this mod for Starsector's previous version?

Indie Winter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 03, 2023, 09:37:31 AM »

for whatever it's worth, I would be more than happy with a separate faction-only branch of the mod for 0.96 onwards. The other stuff it adds is aces, but the lore of the new factions and their associated ships are the thing which drew me (and most others who have used it, I imagine) to download it to begin with. Even if they do not found from spawned colonial expeditions but instead start on their own worlds, that would be fine - a workaround to this new bug and a way to add more lore to the Starsector fiction? Seems optimal, all things considered.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:40:03 AM by Indie Winter »

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 03, 2023, 02:04:33 PM »

I don't suppose there is a link to this mod for Starsector's previous version?

Literally on page one, my friend. Hell, all versions in this thread are technically for .95 - it hasn't been updated to .96 yet.

ilikegoodfood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 09, 2023, 11:20:17 AM »

Is there any news on someone being willing and able to take over updating Varya's Sector?

I've tried playing without it on more recent updates, but ever since I started playing with it years ago, goiung back has been impossible...
The colonization, faction and expansion mechanics fundamentally change the nature of the game for me, from something that is somewhat enjoyable to something that is fantastic and unavailable anywhere else, as I don't enjoy manually piloting ships.

Peritum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 13, 2023, 05:53:00 PM »

Understandable. I'd be half tempted to try taking up the project myself, if it weren't for the fact that I am an utter novice at Java (as in, "how does the syntax work?" and "how do I create an IDE for myself?" level) and would definitely not be up to the task of trying to rebuild previous updates.

Still, thank you for the work you've put in to date! It's really this one feature that isn't working, and the rest of VS is still truckin' along, doing a bunch of things I wish the vanilla game would do.

If you ever learn Java and take up the mantle of updating VS, you'd literally be my (and the communities) hero

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 05, 2023, 06:29:02 PM »

15045245 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.startUpgrading(BaseIndustry.java:572)
        at data.scripts.campaign.colonies.VayraColonialManager.pickNextUpgrade(VayraColonialManager.java:644)
        at data.scripts.campaign.colonies.VayraColonialManager.advance(VayraColonialManager.java:250)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Press any key to continue . . .

got this new crash, is that the one you talked about with industrial evolution?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 06:32:36 PM by Maelstrom »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37