Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582474 times)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25
« Reply #510 on: October 04, 2022, 02:40:46 AM »

Bit of a necro post here, sorry, but someone found an extraordinarily rare and possibly save-bricking bug (seriously, this took over a year for anyone to run into). Fixed it, so the download link has changed.

download here

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 21, 2022, 09:05:06 AM »

Bit of a necro post here, sorry, but someone found an extraordinarily rare and possibly save-bricking bug (seriously, this took over a year for anyone to run into). Fixed it, so the download link has changed.

download here

So it is 0.95.1a fully playable? If so huge ty!

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 21, 2022, 03:05:24 PM »

It is indeed, though you may actually want to turn off high-value bounties (set "spawnUniqueBounties" to false in VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini), because MagicLib now fully integrates the old HVB format into its MagicBounty framework, so you can still get that content from bars (and in fact, get it more reliably, in some ways, as the spawning is now significantly less random).

VS still has a ton of fun and unique content even without that being exclusive anymore, though! (For one thing, the Kadur Remnant will only function as intended if VS and its expanded pirate framework is active.)

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 21, 2022, 03:58:50 PM »

It is indeed, though you may actually want to turn off high-value bounties (set "spawnUniqueBounties" to false in VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini), because MagicLib now fully integrates the old HVB format into its MagicBounty framework, so you can still get that content from bars (and in fact, get it more reliably, in some ways, as the spawning is now significantly less random).

VS still has a ton of fun and unique content even without that being exclusive anymore, though! (For one thing, the Kadur Remnant will only function as intended if VS and its expanded pirate framework is active.)

Ty for answer, but another question: if I dont turn it off will it just double HVB or it will crush and bug?

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 22, 2022, 09:17:11 PM »

Ty for answer, but another question: if I dont turn it off will it just double HVB or it will crush and bug?
If you don't turn off Vayra's Sector HVBs, all HVBs will continue to spawn as normal- magiclib's system won't take over for them. You won't get double bounties, nor will it crash.

Cas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 30, 2022, 11:38:19 PM »

Can I recommend changing Research Mandate's commissioned crew bonus? The range bonus is nice, if minor, but the flat armor reduction is crushing to some ships that already have low armor, enough so that banning commissioned crews, and ALL other allied faction bonuses, becomes worth it.

I'd change it to a percent, but extracting the file and modifying it unsurprisingly causes problems.  Was thinking along the lines of 15/15/10/10 or 10/10/5/5.

cleo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2022, 02:36:01 PM »

Just wanted to say that i had to manually change mod_info for the game to even let me try to use it with 0.95.1a. Also it crashed when creating a new game, idk if it's not working because of the version of the game or because of the 30 other mods i just downloaded.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 15, 2022, 02:39:31 AM »

Just wanted to say that i had to manually change mod_info for the game to even let me try to use it with 0.95.1a. Also it crashed when creating a new game, idk if it's not working because of the version of the game or because of the 30 other mods i just downloaded.

did you download the mod from the link in the OP or the link below?
if you got it from the OP, reinstall it from the link below

download here

cleo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 15, 2022, 01:31:43 PM »

Oh yeah i downloaded through the OP, thanks a lot for the rapid response!

TTKLLO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 29, 2022, 08:28:44 AM »

yadda yadda, copy of discord post

that link might die in the future if I find any more bugs, but if it does I'll update this forum post
Anyway yeah, it's updated, I'm not taking over maintaining the mod or anything, vayra isn't gone for good (hopefully).
If you run into a crash or whatever, ping me on the discord (I don't check my forum messages), but it's pretty stable and I think I've resolved all the outstanding bugs, including that empty planets thing.
Also I have since checked and it does work with the faction bounty board mod, surprisingly.

download here

Updated 10-NOV-2021: Actually fixed the thing where tiny named fleets would show up randomly, fixed a crash with selling AI cores to the research mandate, and disabled some d-mods (they basically got added to vanilla in 0.95 so you could get duplicate effects.) Not save compatible with previous versions. No longer working on this, as there are no more outstanding bugs (as far as I'm aware, anyway).
Updated 05-OCT-2021: Hopefully fixed the thing where bounty fleets weren't despawning properly.
Updated 15-SEP-2021: Fixed a big ol bug that would break your (spoiler) device if you found a specific kind of ghost ship. Idk how rules.csv works, so I've just disabled the (spoiler) ghost ship interaction.
Updated 28-SEP-2021: The D&D reward now properly persists when saving.

please do keep the bold text in mind
Feel free to share this, but do note that this is unofficial and while I have permission, Vayra probably doesn't want to be bothered about bugs.

Hello theDragn. This mod became popular immediately after been moved to Chinese forums. I would like to apply to translate it into Chinese and publish it in the Chinese forum and ask for your permission.

Fonfon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2022, 02:56:09 PM »

Whats the thing that helps with nanite host called? or is it an option when investigating reaserch stations?

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 02, 2023, 02:48:11 AM »

Hello theDragn. This mod became popular immediately after been moved to Chinese forums. I would like to apply to translate it into Chinese and publish it in the Chinese forum and ask for your permission.
You need to ask vayra, not me. I only have permission for this update; it's still her mod.

Ruggedgolem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 07, 2023, 07:53:19 PM »

Why is this mod dependent on a version of this game that doesn't exist? Or am I missing something? Cause I have the latest patch downloaded and it still says I am like 2 patches behind or something.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 07, 2023, 10:37:33 PM »

Why is this mod dependent on a version of this game that doesn't exist? Or am I missing something? Cause I have the latest patch downloaded and it still says I am like 2 patches behind or something.

Because the mod itself hasn't been updated in a while, however an officially sanctioned patch made by the Dragn can be found in one of the previous pages.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 29, 2023, 08:42:07 PM »

download here

got a crash, might be because it wasnt the latest version I was running but just in case here is the log: 8573011 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963)
    at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.aOrAn(VayraModPlugin.java:568)
    at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyIntel.pickReason(VayraPersonBountyIntel.java:556)
    at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyIntel.<init>(VayraPersonBountyIntel.java:275)
    at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager.createEvent(VayraPersonBountyManager.java:409)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:141)
    at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraPersonBountyManager.advance(VayraPersonBountyManager.java:364)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Redownloaded vayra from the link you provided and gonna try that out just in case I was indeed running an older version where you might have fixed this.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37