Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582541 times)

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25
« Reply #465 on: October 08, 2021, 09:48:25 AM »

Just posting to let peeps know that theDragn has hopefully fixed this in an update (5th Oct), the download is on page 30

EDIT: Just to add, I believe the only file that has been changed is the VayraSector.jar in the jars folder. If like me you want to preserve custom settings and alterations you can just replace the existing VayraSector.jar with the updated one, looks like its save compatible.

Where can one acquire this little JAR update? I took a look on the Discord Channel's "mod updates" section and saw nothing new for Vayra Sector.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 08, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »

Just posting to let peeps know that theDragn has hopefully fixed this in an update (5th Oct), the download is on page 30

EDIT: Just to add, I believe the only file that has been changed is the VayraSector.jar in the jars folder. If like me you want to preserve custom settings and alterations you can just replace the existing VayraSector.jar with the updated one, looks like its save compatible.

Where can one acquire this little JAR update? I took a look on the Discord Channel's "mod updates" section and saw nothing new for Vayra Sector.

Download the file linked by Dragn on page 30 (updated today), delete the old VS jar and extract the new jar from the most recent update in its place. However, its a much better idea to update new mods in their entirety so no new elements of updates are missed.

If you want to preserve settings, a much better method imo is to move the old VS folder somewhere else, extract the new VS folder to mods as normal, then go back to look at the old settings and manually alter the new settings file to what you had previously. A compare tool in your text editor of choice can be of great help in identifying what is different between old and new settings files and what to change. A bit more involved? Yes. Likelihood of new updates being broken? Dramatically lower.

Also, VS updates will be in modded_gameplay not mod_updates, as Dragn isn't officially taking over development
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 10:53:20 AM by PreConceptor »

Godvana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 08, 2021, 05:42:51 PM »

Download the file linked by Dragn on page 30 (updated today), delete the old VS jar and extract the new jar from the most recent update in its place. However, its a much better idea to update new mods in their entirety so no new elements of updates are missed.

If you want to preserve settings, a much better method imo is to move the old VS folder somewhere else, extract the new VS folder to mods as normal, then go back to look at the old settings and manually alter the new settings file to what you had previously. A compare tool in your text editor of choice can be of great help in identifying what is different between old and new settings files and what to change. A bit more involved? Yes. Likelihood of new updates being broken? Dramatically lower.

Also, VS updates will be in modded_gameplay not mod_updates, as Dragn isn't officially taking over development

Personally I've edited my VS to remove/alter all her meme stuff spread throughout. Not really to my tastes, so I ran a file comparer and just figured out which files had been changed instead of having to go through and remove all the memes again. That's why I suggest you only need to replace the .jar

Lance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 10, 2021, 02:39:29 AM »

Hi, i'm here to signal a weird bug with the 0.95a "update" but i think that it happens with the original mod too.

If you set to false ALL the vayra raiders from all mods, the performance is destroyed. I think the script keep trying to initialize each frame. The trick, if you do not want to use the vayra raider function, is to set

warhawk_republic,FALSE
hegemony,TRUE

in raider_factions.csv

it needs to be done for each mod in their own folder in \data\config\vayraRaiders)

example for prv
prv,FALSE
rb,FALSE

So leave hegemony TRUE in vayra original mod or the fps dips to 40 in campaign.

I always hated the feature because raiders are an annoyance. It reduces framerate, it spawns pirate-like fleets that intercept convoys, it decivilizes worlds... it also forces the player to be hostile to the factions if he wants to do bounties (if the bounty was pirate or luddic, it would have been better unless special roleplay)

And ropelay wise, it doesnt make sense... the cost to make such stations is astronomical yet they spawn each 15 days... There must be a reason why colonies only have one fortress station and not more. Kadur & warhawk are supposed to be underdog yet they spit 1 000 000 each 15 days to raid their enemies? ye sure. For luddic and pirates, they are everywhere (pather cell & such, black market) and have huge networks ( colonies or intel in a lot of system) to act in the shadows. It's not the case for others factions.

In my opinion, the feature could be good if it was a rare event, once in a while, with the purpose to invade systems & planets after a while.  Something that seems planned and well organized without apparent randomness.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 03:18:39 AM by Lance »

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 29, 2021, 04:58:46 PM »

Hi, i'm here to signal a weird bug with the 0.95a "update" but i think that it happens with the original mod too.

Hi, did you notice the bold text (both here and on discord) where I specifically asked people not to clutter up the forum thread with bug reports for an unofficial patch? Reading is a very important skill and will carry you far in life.

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 29, 2021, 06:22:15 PM »

Hi, did you notice the bold text (both here and on discord) where I specifically asked people not to clutter up the forum thread with bug reports for an unofficial patch? Reading is a very important skill and will carry you far in life.
he mentioned "i think that happens with the original mod too" which means that it's not just about your bootleg version, that piece of info can be useful for the mod author if they decided to update the mod in the near future.
^^

xyzeratul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 02, 2021, 04:19:53 AM »

link on page 30 seems dead, anyone gota an update?

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2021, 06:32:33 AM »

Thanks for the great work you've done. But  in my opinion a bug that can affect either versions of the mod should 100% be posted here

anrube

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:25 AM »

Hello! Is the mod compatible with Nexerelin? Would be happy to try out this mod!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2021, 03:25:06 PM »

Hello! Is the mod compatible with Nexerelin? Would be happy to try out this mod!

Indeed it is, pretty much a must have for me :)
Just make sure you are using theDragn's unofficial patch a couple pages back as our goddess Vayra has not emerged from her slumber as yet.

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 12, 2021, 03:46:59 PM »

Der Kaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 13, 2021, 11:23:04 AM »

its only that discord attachment thats dead and i think its because the file that was in that link might have been updated because the original file link for the Unofficial Patch https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1EMhXdh4b24i5a8-yzceV4kenALGNcK79 still works.

helmacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 15, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

its only that discord attachment thats dead and i think its because the file that was in that link might have been updated because the original file link for the Unofficial Patch https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1EMhXdh4b24i5a8-yzceV4kenALGNcK79 still works.

This one works. Thank you so much

Dafrandle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 26, 2021, 09:28:30 PM »

Sorry for straying off topic by asking this

Where can I find the invite to this discord server - or is it invite only?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37