Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582475 times)

taerkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.1 - GHOSTIER SHIPS 2019-12-06
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2019, 06:20:11 PM »

Minor Update - 3.1.1

Cleaned up some ghost ship effects. "Hyperlost" ghost ship interaction with dead gates no longer breaks Gates Awakened. Download from OP - this one might actually be save-safe, but no promises!

Started a new game after updating this mod and I'm still losing access to an active gate. More specifically the gate in Yma that activated when I did the first part of Gates Awakened. It worked for a while but now when I go to it it pops up the dialogue from this mod.

Other gates seem to work fine.

edit: Second gate stopped working with the same thing right after I activated it. I'm using 3.1.1 btw.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:39:58 PM by taerkar »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »

I probably am not the first one asking, but could the Stormhawk republic be a bit more constrained by the limits of sanity?

Their bases seem to just appear randomly in the system they are raiding making their actual discovery a diceroll, their fleet composition is really, really limited and it can lead to absolutely disgusting results. 12 Astral, 7 Condor 5 Drover kind of disgusting.

The fact I apparently can not even wipe their faction out makes it even worse. I do not have issues dealing with them when it comes to actually winning but the battles are just an absolute chore. I've litterally had to re-engage one of their fleets three times after they retreated due to losses to finally win and have them run.

I'm going to paste this here since I kiiind of mistook what mod brought the faction in.

I also want to make sure: can I actually delete their faction by conquering/destroying all their bases like I can do with Pirates/Luddic Path when in conjuction with the Nexerelin mod?

This should be fixed in the next update.

Minor Update - 3.1.1

Cleaned up some ghost ship effects. "Hyperlost" ghost ship interaction with dead gates no longer breaks Gates Awakened. Download from OP - this one might actually be save-safe, but no promises!

Started a new game after updating this mod and I'm still losing access to an active gate. More specifically the gate in Yma that activated when I did the first part of Gates Awakened. It worked for a while but now when I go to it it pops up the dialogue from this mod.

edit: Second gate stopped working with the same thing right after I activated it. I'm using 3.1.1 btw.

This... I'm still lost on. :(
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2019, 06:30:14 PM »

Apologies in advance if this question has already been asked but:

How do the colony factions work? When do they appear? I don't recall them ever showing up in an (albeit brief, like 1 hour) playthrough I did with this mod. Where and when do they show up? And does it work the same way in Nexerelin's Corvus mode? I'm looking to start a new playthrough soon and I am quite interested in this system.

Flix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2019, 05:32:21 AM »

Hello. I'm reinstalling Starsector and mods on a new PC and I need Vayra's sector v 3.04. How can I download it? My save file isn't compatible with the latest 3.1.1 and I don't have access to my old installation of starsector to copy the 3.04 of Vayra's sector. Thanks for any help! I tried searching but have failed terribly...
It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2019, 04:39:52 AM »

Minor Update - 3.1.1

This... I'm still lost on. :(
The Gates Awakened dialog check has $tag:GatesAwakened__gate_activated score:10
while the Vayra ghost ship gate dialog check has $global.vayra_hasHyperlostGhostShip score:420
Since the latter number is bigger, the ghost ship rule always runs in preference to the awakened gate rule.

Either lower the score from the ghost ship check, or update your rule so that it checks for the gate not being awakened; e.g. !$tag:GatesAwakened__gate_activated

Apologies in advance if this question has already been asked but:

How do the colony factions work? When do they appear? I don't recall them ever showing up in an (albeit brief, like 1 hour) playthrough I did with this mod. Where and when do they show up? And does it work the same way in Nexerelin's Corvus mode? I'm looking to start a new playthrough soon and I am quite interested in this system.
IIRC:
They don't spawn until cycle 208 by default. You'll get an intel notification that a new faction has formed, and more notifications for each colony expedition they send out.
It should work in both random and non-random Nexerelin sectors.

benjaminwoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »

All Bounties only last 1 day...

What it says on the lid, I've tried deleting and re-downloading the mod, fresh save, but all mod bounties (As in bounties that target non-pirate factions) all have a duration of one day.
I tried setting VAYRA_SETTINGS' Pirate Bounty mode thing to "Never" (Always use vanilla mod system where the targets are all pirates), but the issue still remains...

Disclaimer: I did mess with VAYRA_Settings to disable the colonial factions and Pop. Front.

I have no clue what I did wrong, send help  :'(

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2019, 01:58:27 AM »

Has the issue with Gates Awakened been fixed? I'm thinking of redownloading Vayras Sector for my next playthrough.

Panda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »

Any chance to get 3.0.4 from somewhere? Can't load my last save with the newest version

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »

Hey,

Last time I dropped comments about your mod(s) was before you split Kadur Remnant in 3. So I figured that it would be great to update my review.
Honestly, this is a blast. This is as close as you can get from a Nexelerin game but still keeping the Vanilla setting. I love it. The colonization expeditions, the revenge fleet, the bounties. As last time, I tried to play pirates, one of my best runs, really more funnier than standard play.
I would just give a few minor comments:
-The pirate beginning is a little bit too easy. The fleet is quite strong, and the reputation is too high. Maybe it's because I've been playing the game for years. A few D-mods, or lesser ships could increase a little bit the difficulty. Or I should try the USSR faction
-For now, the Starhawk raids are too powerfull in comparison the Hegemony fleets. I understand this is mostly vanilla-related as core-factions are unable to muster stong defence fleets.

Execpt from this too minor point, I love this mod. This is really a must-have mod in my case.

Thank you!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2019, 12:20:24 AM »

The raider non-event fleets have a number of issues:
  • They're often way, way too large. My log lists a number of instances where fleets were spawned with >500 actual FP, and I've personally seen fleets with two rows of capitals.
  • It's nice at times, but I'm not sure they should clean up pirate and Pather bases so aggressively without the player having to do anything.
  • VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager line 163: the travel assignment text is "travelling to the targetName star system"... where targetName is a planet or station, not a system.
  • Maximum fleet count really shouldn't be "sum of sizes of faction's markets", although they'll never actually reach this number (log message doesn't list more than 2 being in play at once)

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2019, 05:19:47 AM »

Ugh, so I turned off the Colonial Competitor factions (on the account of having quite enough factions in my game, I do not need any more) in the settings file, but this still came up, when it shouldn't.

Spoiler
[close]

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2019, 08:39:22 PM »

Ugh, so I turned off the Colonial Competitor factions (on the account of having quite enough factions in my game, I do not need any more) in the settings file, but this still came up, when it shouldn't.

Spoiler
[close]

Disabling the colony factions in the Nex start menu should solve this.

The raider non-event fleets have a number of issues:
  • They're often way, way too large. My log lists a number of instances where fleets were spawned with >500 actual FP, and I've personally seen fleets with two rows of capitals.
  • It's nice at times, but I'm not sure they should clean up pirate and Pather bases so aggressively without the player having to do anything.
  • VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager line 163: the travel assignment text is "travelling to the targetName star system"... where targetName is a planet or station, not a system.
  • Maximum fleet count really shouldn't be "sum of sizes of faction's markets", although they'll never actually reach this number (log message doesn't list more than 2 being in play at once)

Thanks - been looking at these lately too. Will be fixed in the next update!

The Gates Awakened dialog check has $tag:GatesAwakened__gate_activated score:10
while the Vayra ghost ship gate dialog check has $global.vayra_hasHyperlostGhostShip score:420
Since the latter number is bigger, the ghost ship rule always runs in preference to the awakened gate rule.

Either lower the score from the ghost ship check, or update your rule so that it checks for the gate not being awakened; e.g. !$tag:GatesAwakened__gate_activated

This too!
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2019, 02:35:23 AM »

iirc you can only disable factions in Nex random sector. I had to disable faction respawning to deal with that issue. They shouldn't be spawning at all if I've switched them off in Vayras Sector settings, tho.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2019, 05:38:15 AM »

Person bounties added after the game start advance twice per frame (so if it says 20 days remaining it'll actually expire in 10 days).

I suspect what's going on is that addActive is being called twice: once in VayraPersonBountyManager.createEvent() and once immediately after in BaseEventManager.advance().
Code: java
		if (count < currMax) {
EveryFrameScript event = createEvent();
addActive(event);
}
Code: java
    @Override
    public EveryFrameScript createEvent() {

if (getInstance().getActiveCount() >= getInstance().getMaxConcurrent()) {
            log.info(String.format("Bounty hunting? *** off, we're full. [%s/%s]", VayraPersonBountyManager.getInstance().getActiveCount(), VayraPersonBountyManager.getInstance().getMaxConcurrent()));
            return null;
        }

VayraPersonBountyIntel intel = new VayraPersonBountyIntel();
        if (intel.isDone()) {
            intel = null;
        }

if (intel != null) {
            addActive(intel);
        }

return intel;
    }
I had to disable faction respawning to deal with that issue. They shouldn't be spawning at all if I've switched them off in Vayras Sector settings, tho.
Turning off respawn of factions not present at start should be sufficient. I should change Nexerelin to make them not spawn if they're disabled in the Vayra config, though.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2019, 10:10:21 AM »

I definitely think the new dmods need a config option to turn on and off. If theres an easy way to handle that by editing files I'd be happy to do it, but I'm not sure about others. Is there an easy way to disable them?

Also, it appears that custom permanent bounties are eating into my bounty pool and taking a slot, at least in my game. Any idea whats causing that?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:17:35 AM by HeartofDiscord »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37