Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582473 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1 - GHOST SHIPS 2019-11-22
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2019, 04:07:46 PM »

Seriously, the D-mods Vayras Sector adds are some absolute bull. "Buckled environmental shielding" that entirely removes a cargo freighters storage capacity, making it quite literally useless.

That's Compromised Storage, and it's in vanilla.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2019, 02:33:07 AM »

No, it does not. In vanilla, it decreases it, not lowers it to 0. Because the same mod also lowers a fuel tankers fuel capacity to 0.

Seriously, the D-mods Vayras Sector adds are some absolute bull. "Buckled environmental shielding" that entirely removes a cargo freighters storage capacity, making it quite literally useless.

That's Compromised Storage, and it's in vanilla.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2019, 02:38:59 AM »

One problem with all the extra D-mods is interaction with IBB. IBB ships that failed to roll normally get added to salvage with all D-mods. With Vayra's Sector this means ridiculously long list and untenable restore cost (since it scales with D-mod count).

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2019, 04:16:03 AM »

The IBBs aren't generally worth it beyond the provided challenge in and of itself, anyway. Usually, by the time you can get a certain mod-ship, I have a fleet that surpasses the enemys, making the mod-ship somewhat obsolete. To top it off, you're not even getting what the enemy is using, since their loadouts are well beyond the OP limits, and you have to pay to restore them, too.

But the issue with Vayras sector, as I've mentioned, is that once I got a damn atlas with 0 storage capacity, 0 fuel capacity, 0 crew capacity, whilst retaining its skeleton crew requirement (which is quite dumb, how's a ship supposed to require skeleton crew whilst having 0 crew capacity?); The other time there was a Prometheus with 0 fuel capacity. This would not be an issue if restoring a ship was cheaper than buying a new hull of the same type, because then it would still make ships like these worthy of getting from an economic perspective. As that is not the case, these ships are quite literally garbage not worth recovering.

One problem with all the extra D-mods is interaction with IBB. IBB ships that failed to roll normally get added to salvage with all D-mods. With Vayra's Sector this means ridiculously long list and untenable restore cost (since it scales with D-mod count).

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2019, 05:59:50 AM »

Many IBBs are just there for challenge, but others perform above their DP value and are worth restoring at quite high cost, as long as it remains reasonable. Like 'Black Talon' super-Eagle that has built-in ITU, Hard Shields, Aux Thrusters and 2 of originally energy slots are hybrid instead, all for the same 22 DP as normal Eagle. IBB Hammerhead is also quite good at it's 14 DP.

EmperorOfMankind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »

I heard this mod allows the ai to spread to other regions, is there a modifier in the settings where I can increase the chance and or rate of spreading?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.1 - GHOSTIER SHIPS 2019-12-06
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2019, 06:47:48 PM »

Minor Update - 3.1.1

Cleaned up some ghost ship effects. "Hyperlost" ghost ship interaction with dead gates no longer breaks Gates Awakened. Download from OP - this one might actually be save-safe, but no promises!

Many IBBs are just there for challenge, but others perform above their DP value and are worth restoring at quite high cost, as long as it remains reasonable. Like 'Black Talon' super-Eagle that has built-in ITU, Hard Shields, Aux Thrusters and 2 of originally energy slots are hybrid instead, all for the same 22 DP as normal Eagle. IBB Hammerhead is also quite good at it's 14 DP.

Black Talon is a "HVB" or High Value Bounty, from this mod. IBBs are different! :P

No, it does not. In vanilla, it decreases it, not lowers it to 0. Because the same mod also lowers a fuel tankers fuel capacity to 0.

I double-checked, and I definitely don't have any D-mods that modify storage or fuel capacity. Can you take a screenshot of the ship this is happening to?

tindrli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2019, 06:38:08 AM »

Minor Update - 3.1.1

Cleaned up some ghost ship effects. "Hyperlost" ghost ship interaction with dead gates no longer breaks Gates Awakened. Download from OP - this one might actually be save-safe, but no promises!

i just tried with my save. i have other 40 mods. and i didnt got any error after updating and running a game. at least not while loading it.

BTW thanx for updating this great mod.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 07:49:41 AM by tindrli »

mirellos1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »

Hello, I wanted to run Vayra's Sector with my Mod set but .Vayra's Sector is not compatible with Archean Order TC  :'(

I would be very happy if these mods were to be compatible in the future.

I love both modifications, and it's hard for my heart when I can choose only one of them
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:38:08 PM by mirellos1 »

mirellos1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2019, 02:33:39 PM »

Ok. after disabling option TC  in Archean Order this mod is compatible with Nexerelin and many other modifications I use. and with the old version of Vayra's Sector which I used, but after the upgrade these two modifications are not compatible.

I can easily use the same modification composition for Vayra's Sector, and for the Archean Order, but it is not possible to activate these two modifications simultaneously, and it happened after the Vayra's Sector update.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:37:33 PM by mirellos1 »

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2019, 05:01:31 PM »

I'm gonna have to reinstall the mod to try and find the d-mods, but, like I said, I think it was buckled environmental shielding or something of the sorts. Could be that on its own it only decreases storage or fuel space, but when combined with another d-mod, sets it to 0. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Any way to turn off the factions that Vayras Sector adds?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »

I'm gonna have to reinstall the mod to try and find the d-mods, but, like I said, I think it was buckled environmental shielding or something of the sorts. Could be that on its own it only decreases storage or fuel space, but when combined with another d-mod, sets it to 0. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Any way to turn off the factions that Vayras Sector adds?

Open VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini in the mod directory with a plaintext editor (like notepad), set "spawnColonialCompetitors":true,    to "spawnColonialCompetitors":false,     ;D

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2019, 09:05:52 AM »

I probably am not the first one asking, but could the Stormhawk republic be a bit more constrained by the limits of sanity?

Their bases seem to just appear randomly in the system they are raiding making their actual discovery a diceroll, their fleet composition is really, really limited and it can lead to absolutely disgusting results. 12 Astral, 7 Condor 5 Drover kind of disgusting.

The fact I apparently can not even wipe their faction out makes it even worse. I do not have issues dealing with them when it comes to actually winning but the battles are just an absolute chore. I've litterally had to re-engage one of their fleets three times after they retreated due to losses to finally win and have them run.

I'm going to paste this here since I kiiind of mistook what mod brought the faction in.

I also want to make sure: can I actually delete their faction by conquering/destroying all their bases like I can do with Pirates/Luddic Path when in conjuction with the Nexerelin mod?
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2019, 01:16:42 AM »

I actually had a few hours last night to test and perfect my fleet against the aneurism-inducing 6 Sabot Astral parade while I was clearing out Stormhawk Republic bases/outposts. They do automatically respawn when there's less than two.

Also, I actually discovered that you can actually skip the admittedly tedious search for raid outposts by going into the "planet" window, check on inhabited and scroll down until you find the supposedly hidden base that you quite conveniently lay a course on  8)
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2019, 07:23:03 AM »

That better give some wild option to replace the cargobay with a refit of something
Hello!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37