Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.2.1 - D&DSECTOR 2021-03-25  (Read 582671 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector 3.1.5 - seizing the means 2020-01-24
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2020, 09:02:20 PM »

Medium-sized update - 3.1.5, get it from the OP

Perhaps most notably, there's a new framework for simple lorecrumb exploration objects that may be of interest to modders!

What is the point of AI colonizing outer planets if they go for useless barren worlds?  :(
I've increased the weight of low-hazard worlds, hopefully they'll pick them more often now.

I'd like to report that the
Spoiler
Flying Dutchman
[close]
has caused me an unreasonable amount of lag
so I went on the cursed ship start because it sounded pretty neat

I knew the second I got on that something was wrong
These should be fixed now too!

I have a few complaints about factions:

1) Stormhawk text colour is too damn dark, so it blends into the background. I get it you wanted to distinguish them from the tri-tac blue, but it hurs my eyes.

2) Revolutionary music is so annoying makes me want to kill them all even more. And I'm from a post-soviet country, I have the hatred for communism bred into my bones.
These fixes didn't make it in, but there are more PDPRC ships now  ;D

I don't suppose you know anyone who makes sovietwave and would be willing to license some tracks for a spaceship game?
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2020, 09:37:08 PM »

Medium-sized update - 3.1.5, get it from the OP

Perhaps most notably, there's a new framework for simple lorecrumb exploration objects that may be of interest to modders!

I can't believe you got rid of the trademark "dominator spam" from the commies, you MONSTER!! ;)

But seriously, that third ship on the image looks sick!

Doomrider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2020, 02:41:43 AM »

I don't suppose you know anyone who makes sovietwave and would be willing to license some tracks for a spaceship game?

I used to. About a decade ago I was involved in development of Space Rangers 2 HD. I wasn't very close with music guys, but we knew each other. Unfortunately I only have ICQ contacts with them now, and those died years ago.

Anyway I just redact communist_clouds file to replace their music with the Diktat one.

derelictass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2020, 04:24:32 AM »

Nice update!

Does your mod add the marine boarding carrier mission? I just found an astral requiring 450 marines and by the time I came back the ship disappeared  :(

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »

Found bug!

Mora RG cannot be assemble on my colonies and my fleet. Any other RG Ship look like fine.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2020, 01:42:32 AM »

But seriously, that third ship on the image looks sick!

All Zen, heh. I just did the implementation.  ;D

I used to. About a decade ago I was involved in development of Space Rangers 2 HD. I wasn't very close with music guys, but we knew each other. Unfortunately I only have ICQ contacts with them now, and those died years ago.

Ah, that's a shame - would have been awesome.

Nice update!

Does your mod add the marine boarding carrier mission? I just found an astral requiring 450 marines and by the time I came back the ship disappeared  :(

Yep, that's mine! Weird that it disappeared, they should stick around for about 60 days.

Important note: You can board with less than the "required" number of marines. It's just... riskier.  ;)

Found bug!

Mora RG cannot be assemble on my colonies and my fleet. Any other RG Ship look like fine.

Whoops! It was missing an entry in default_ship_roles.json. Will be fixed for the next release.

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2020, 05:45:41 AM »

Hello i get a game crash when loading my save after 10-20 sec.

The error is:
275633 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.hasCurrentBounty(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:235)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager$UniqueBountyData.conditionsMet(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:106)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.pickData(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:173)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.<init>(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:105)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.createEvent(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:460)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.advance(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:399)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Playing latest version and any other mod is up to date.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »

There is a small gripe i have with the mod when combined with Kadur Remnant:

I agree with the idea of having the Kadur and the Reds be allies and i get why they would get along with each other, but what i don't like is that the game constantly forces a 75 relationship on them which makes attempts at sabotaging this relationship almost impossible, even if you get agents (from Nexerelin) non stop lowering relationship. I think a "forever allies" friendship like this is too unrealistically strong and a bit too forced.

matoi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2020, 10:45:16 AM »

Hello i get a game crash when loading my save after 10-20 sec.

The error is:
275633 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.hasCurrentBounty(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:235)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager$UniqueBountyData.conditionsMet(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:106)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.pickData(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:173)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.<init>(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:105)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.createEvent(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:460)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.advance(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:399)

Playing latest version and any other mod is up to date.

I'd like to report I'm seeing a similar CTD, after I updated all of my mods from December and started from a new game (this was not on a previous save). The log entry preceding the crash says it's loading hmp_plexus_bounty, but I've also seen it occur with a "raven_bounty". CTD occurs immediately upon loading the save.
Spoiler
70931 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager  - loading unique bounty hmp_plexus_bounty
71589 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.loadBounties(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:332)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.reload(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:365)
   at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onGameLoad(VayraModPlugin.java:130)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2020, 01:08:49 PM »

Spoiler
198250 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.removeCurrentBounty(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:240)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.cleanUpFleetAndEndIfNecessar y(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:411)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.notifyEnding(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:396)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.endAfterDelay(BaseIntelPlugin.java:99)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.endImmediately(BaseIntelPlugin.java:89)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyIntel.<init>(VayraUniqueBountyIntel.java:107)
[close]

If all else fails blame the cubes. You just know they're up to no good anyway.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »

Quote from: several people
crashes

Unfortunately, updating this mod is rarely if ever safe for existing saves - c'mon, I put it in red text in the OP by the download link...  :-[

There is a small gripe i have with the mod when combined with Kadur Remnant:

I agree with the idea of having the Kadur and the Reds be allies and i get why they would get along with each other, but what i don't like is that the game constantly forces a 75 relationship on them which makes attempts at sabotaging this relationship almost impossible, even if you get agents (from Nexerelin) non stop lowering relationship. I think a "forever allies" friendship like this is too unrealistically strong and a bit too forced.

Fair point! Will be adjusted in next version so their allies are constrained to "suspicious at worst" and their enemies are set to "vengeful at best" rather than forced to a specific value. You still won't be able to sabotage them to hostile - it wouldn't make sense - but you should be able to stop them from forming an alliance at least temporarily, heh.

I'd like to report I'm seeing a similar CTD, after I updated all of my mods from December and started from a new game (this was not on a previous save). The log entry preceding the crash says it's loading hmp_plexus_bounty, but I've also seen it occur with a "raven_bounty". CTD occurs immediately upon loading the save.
Spoiler
70931 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager  - loading unique bounty hmp_plexus_bounty
71589 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.loadBounties(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:332)
   at data.scripts.campaign.intel.VayraUniqueBountyManager.reload(VayraUniqueBountyManager.java:365)
[close]

This one's weirder. Which mods are those bounties from? I'll have to take a look at their bounty files, most likely.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2020, 07:30:58 PM »

Fair point! Will be adjusted in next version so their allies are constrained to "suspicious at worst" and their enemies are set to "vengeful at best" rather than forced to a specific value. You still won't be able to sabotage them to hostile - it wouldn't make sense - but you should be able to stop them from forming an alliance at least temporarily, heh.

That sounds good!  ;D

Thanks!

poiuzt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2020, 08:13:37 PM »

Quote from: several people
crashes

Unfortunately, updating this mod is rarely if ever safe for existing saves - c'mon, I put it in red text in the OP by the download link...  :-[

First of all my save is not from an existing game, means updated mod before started a new game...
Then, ignoring a users error report, because you think he canĀ“t read red text? Is that how you treat your mods play-tester?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2020, 08:21:54 PM »

It's the same crash as happens when someone tries to load an old save with the newest version, which is why I thought that was what you were doing. I'll look into it. :-\

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

This one's weirder. Which mods are those bounties from? I'll have to take a look at their bounty files, most likely.
It's from the recently taken-down (at the mod author's request, since they had a explosive meltdown to some criticism) Hullmod Expansion Pack.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37