Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.95a] Girls Frontline Portrait Pack v1.3  (Read 206759 times)

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Girls Frontline Portrait Pack v1.3
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »

Hi it's me again.

0.9.5a is out and you may be wondering if the portrait pack works. I have good news for you, I updated both part 1 and 2 to be compatible with the new update.

Portrait Pack Part 1
Portrait Pack Part 2

SirNiczeK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2021, 11:57:27 PM »

Hi, there is a mismatch between graphic names in portraits folder and the code.
Nameley "gfl_GSh18(Mod3).png" exists as "gfl_Gsh18(Mod3).png", and "gfl_HK21.png" as "gfl_Hk21.png"

Everything works fine on Windows, but Linux version is throwing an error on startup.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 02:20:37 PM »

Hi, there is a mismatch between graphic names in portraits folder and the code.
Nameley "gfl_GSh18(Mod3).png" exists as "gfl_Gsh18(Mod3).png", and "gfl_HK21.png" as "gfl_Hk21.png"

Everything works fine on Windows, but Linux version is throwing an error on startup.

Noted, I'll change that mistake thanks.

Also yeah in part 1, I originally used parentheses but I learned that it hurts Linux users so I stopped using them in part 2. However, I never got around to changing the code in part 1  to remove the parentheses. I should really get around to doing that

Cpt_Garfio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 03:15:48 PM »

Nice!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 03:20:16 PM by Cpt_Garfio »

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2021, 01:26:51 AM »

I have to ask though? should there need to be consistent or just go ham?

right now everything in pack 1 still has some "remnants" of easy renaming convention of using gfl_tXXX while pack 2 each portrait is clearly labeled case in point sat 8 in GFL pack 1 is labeled as gfl_t77 when there is Type 77 in pack 2 labeled as gfl_t77

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2021, 12:56:36 PM »

I have to ask though? should there need to be consistent or just go ham?

right now everything in pack 1 still has some "remnants" of easy renaming convention of using gfl_tXXX while pack 2 each portrait is clearly labeled case in point sat 8 in GFL pack 1 is labeled as gfl_t77 when there is Type 77 in pack 2 labeled as gfl_t77

The reason for that is because the old style is how haze did it and while I did change it for some of them (Mostly the males/SF characters) at the time, I didn’t know that changing ids would break saves and leave portraits blank so I left the rest as mainly so i wouldn’t accidentally break saves again.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2021, 10:54:38 PM »

I see while the "saves" breaking could be remedied by pointing the generated portrait to the correct destination in the .xml file.... mmmmMMmmm
I'll see what I can do to "universalize" the portrait packs into 1 pack I mean the .95a updates brought some big changes so everyone else would more or less be starting at the beginning of the game would'nt that make some sense?

but I would like to ask do you have some sort of photo organizing software that can relabel pictures in ascending numbers? thats what I used Adobe Bridge for as silly as it might be
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 11:08:43 PM by Algester »

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 06:36:08 AM »

I see while the "saves" breaking could be remedied by pointing the generated portrait to the correct destination in the .xml file.... mmmmMMmmm
I'll see what I can do to "universalize" the portrait packs into 1 pack I mean the .95a updates brought some big changes so everyone else would more or less be starting at the beginning of the game would'nt that make some sense?

but I would like to ask do you have some sort of photo organizing software that can relabel pictures in ascending numbers? thats what I used Adobe Bridge for as silly as it might be

1. The reason why I separated it into 2 packs is more so so it wouldn't be just one giant pack with 600+ portraits in it. Helps with having the game not having to load so much from one pack. So if you only want 1 Pack, you can pick either Part 1 or 2. Not really a issue of breaking saves in that department, you can easily add more portraits mid save.

2. No not really. I dont really use numbers when labeling the portraits besides when it's the character's name or there's mulit portraits of the same character

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »

I Updated the portrait pack again, We're now up to 359 portraits in Part 2

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95] Girls Frontline Portrait Pack v1.3
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:26 AM »

I bring good news!

I updated the portrait packs again, This time, I got permission to add portrait support to
-Legio
-Scalar
-HMI
-XLU
-Brighton
-And some others

In addition, I reworked the backend on part 1 of the portrait pack, So now Linux users can use it without starsector crashing. I also redid some of part 1 portraits to look better. it's NOT save Comp tho.

Also, Part 2 has new portraits.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 01:54:55 PM by Thaago »

Auto7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Girls Frontline Portrait Pack v1.3
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2022, 02:06:10 PM »

Hey I was wondering if I could use your portraits in a hearts of iron mod, i plan on replacing all base game portraits with more, shall we say degenerate portraits.
If not that's understandable.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2022, 10:42:41 PM »

Hey I was wondering if I could use your portraits in a hearts of iron mod, i plan on replacing all base game portraits with more, shall we say degenerate portraits.
If not that's understandable.

I believe it should be fine I guess. Just give credit.

deoxyribonucleicacid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2022, 05:56:02 PM »

Hi it's me again.

0.9.5a is out and you may be wondering if the portrait pack works. I have good news for you, I updated both part 1 and 2 to be compatible with the new update.

Portrait Pack Part 1
Portrait Pack Part 2

Hey man! Was wondering what's the difference between two packs other than the second one being smaller(?)

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2022, 06:44:08 PM »

Hi it's me again.

Portrait Pack Part 1
Portrait Pack Part 2

Hey man! Was wondering what's the difference between two packs other than the second one being smaller(?)

The primally difference is they have different portraits. Portraits in part 1 aren’t in part 2 and vice vista. And part 2 is where I put the recent additions.

Nowadays I don’t think it’s smaller anymore. It’s about on par or slightly bigger now lol

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Girls Frontline Portrait Pack v1.4
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2023, 10:38:00 AM »

Hey it's me again

I stopped being lazy long enough to update both the portrait packs to 0.96 and add 60 new portraits to Part 2

You can grab the new versions at the download links in one of my previous posts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4