Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: System tests in the Refit menu.  (Read 438 times)

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
System tests in the Refit menu.
« on: August 08, 2019, 10:56:37 PM »

So I refitting my new ship and was looking at the Auxilary Thrusters - Increase the ship's maneuverability by 50% and found myself thinking just how much is that would that be a boost for this ship? Without it being shown in the ships info the only way to know would be to run a simulation and test it with it off and with it on. That would involve loading in and loading out more than once and hoping to notice the difference between then.

So I had an idea, wouldn't it be great if there was a button I could just press [Test Systems] and an asteroid would appear and the ship would just fly around it shooting it. Form there I could just remove the Auxilary Thrusters and see how the change affects the ship in real-time. I could also use a system like that to test how the ship increases its performance with a captain on or off the ship.

This type of system reminds me of a Training Dummy in other games in which the player tests their DPS with their current setup/load-out of equipment. This could very well be used in the same way.

Currently, the way it is designed is static, (or maybe I am mistaken in think that is static). Maybe a live little test area would have to be created too overlay the current design or something or, maybe it could be changed/redesigned to not be static.

I am not sure something like this could be easily added but it would be nice.