Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Planet incomes need to be shown for each specific industry  (Read 591 times)

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Planet incomes need to be shown for each specific industry
« on: August 06, 2019, 12:51:46 PM »

Let's say I wanna know how much money my farm is raking in. Why can't I view my farm's income without, for example, including my light industry's income? I wanna know if it's raking in enough income to make their upkeep worth it. I can view the planets *total* income, but that's not very helpful if I have more than one industry. I usually have to save and then uninstall the industry to see how much money it's making, then reload the game.

Why hasn't this been done already?

Edit: I was mistaken, this is already a thing, I just wasn't aware of it :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:27:40 PM by Kayo »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Planet incomes need to be shown for each specific industry
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »

I'm 95% sure this is already a thing. Did you try mousing over the planet income? Its something like that (not at a computer with SS at the moment).

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:22:39 PM »

Same thing Thaago, yeah I'm pretty sure in the Colonies tab of the Comman(d) interface, you can break down in to individual items with a little 'plus' icon next to specific parts of the colony to get a more detailed breakdown of the various income / expenses items of a particular colony including industry by industry data on upkeep.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 01:26:43 PM »

I'm 95% sure this is already a thing. Did you try mousing over the planet income? Its something like that (not at a computer with SS at the moment).

Indeed! I needed to press F1 while viewing the income. I'm glad to be wrong then! :D