Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Running out of supplies too fast  (Read 2448 times)

Punisher30

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Running out of supplies too fast
« on: August 05, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »

It says I'm using 17 supplies per day. If that's the case, why am I losing 2 per 1.5 sec?

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Running out of supplies too fast
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 01:29:16 PM »

It's per in-game day. You can see the in-game date in the top left of the screen when in the campaign layer (flying between planets and systems).

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:28:37 PM »

A "day" in game is about 10 second in real time. 5 if on fast forward
Also, if you are recovering CR, the supply consumption will be higher
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:55:57 PM »

It says I'm using 17 supplies per day. If that's the case, why am I losing 2 per 1.5 sec?

Imo if your not used to managing supplies grab a buffalo freighter asp. They have 300 cargo space and for most early game fleets if you can devote 300 cargo hold space to supplies you should be good for a while, a salvaged one is fine just so long as its dmods don't effect the engines or maybe the sensor profile if you smuggle, if this thing is seeing combat you have bigger worries than losing it most of the time. Just try and get in the habit of topping off whenever you dock. Also when it comes to buying ships try to have twice as much money as the ship cost before you buy. You are going to have expenses, such as fitting it and well supplies/fuel/crew. When I first start out I usually try to have 3 times what I'm spending. It can slow things a bit but I do a lot of salvage gameplay early so I dont struggle to have lots of ships to throw at the enemy while I build funds from trading/exploring ect.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:52:51 PM »

Avoid star coronas, hyperspace storms, pulsar beams and black holes to conserve supplies. Getting yourself a surplus isn't a bad idea, either, if you can get it cheap.