Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: When intel specifies "some distance" Where am I looking?  (Read 6856 times)

DiscountGumshoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
When intel specifies "some distance" Where am I looking?
« on: August 05, 2019, 02:57:40 AM »

Hey! this should be a simple one and its probably also a newbie question too, but I am hunting for a derelict in a system and my only hint from the intel is some distance away from the centre. At the moment I am in the outer fringes scouring around in the blankness hitting scanner pulse but I have yet to find anything, I feel like this isn't what I am meant to be doing though, that said I know the neutrino scanner is a thing so maybe I am just meant to be scouring the empty corners of the system?

Anyway I suppose I am just wondering if there was a rule of thumb of sorts, if intel specifies a hint what does it typically mean?

Thanks!

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: When intel specifies "some distance" Where am I looking?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »

Those kind of descriptions drive me nuts, too. I cheated and looked at the source code for you:

Spoiler
It is more than 3k units from the star and less than 12k units. The big map squares are 2k units across, for reference.
[close]

The non-spoilery answer is that it isn't close to the star, but it's not waaaay out, either.