Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a bug with crew assignments and crew proficiency.  (Read 1823 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
a bug with crew assignments and crew proficiency.
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »

alright well i was looking at my ships and noticed my lasher had a green shield absorption of 1.1 but the crew on the lasher was predominantly green. as can be seen in the photo. also as can be seen i have no hull mods also at the time it listed a red combat speed and red travel speed. i then switched the positions of my lasher (box 2) with my wolf (box 1) and then back again. and this is what i saw....

no red travel speed numbers no green shield absorption number and its better 1.0 instead of 1.1

also i can confirm that it made these same differences in combat. i had the lasher first. as a solo frigate and with a green crew was doing the listed travel speed in the screen shots in combat (100). but when i got the wolf i made it the flagship, then went into battle transfered command to the lasher and i had a combat speed of 95 with the green crew. which then stuck out of combat.. and is then when i did the switching around of my ships like i stated above.

seems like something funky is going on here.

Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: a bug with crew assignments and crew proficiency.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »

Thank you for the report.

Turns out there were two problems:
- the flux/damage value was incorrectly colored green as it went up (should have been red, as you want it to be low, and going up is bad)
- the tooltip data wasn't getting updated for ships that didn't move to another slot, but changed crew level

I've fixed those up. Now, I don't see how this could possibly have translated into combat - looks like a purely out-of-date tooltip problem.