Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.96a] Secrets of the Frontier (Prerelease 13.2a) - indev campaign mod  (Read 243942 times)

Somtaaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Secrets of the Frontier (Prerelease 12a) - indev campaign mod
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2022, 01:22:54 PM »

Hmm. I added the mod mid game would that be an issue with mission 1? I'm in the system but I dont see any markers nor any unidentified sensor contacts.
It shouldn't cause any issues if added midgame. Unfortunately, the quest objects can be a bit difficult to find sometimes - if you can't find them, try flying increasingly large circles starting at the furthest jump point.

Thanks I managed to find it just by catching a signal ping, flying towards it and then getting another.

If possible maybe add a "The frigate/objective is some distance away from the center of the system" or something like that?

TheDukeofErl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2022, 05:10:31 PM »

I think I might be missing something here... is
Spoiler
the Edict Stormblaster (fronsec_edict)
[close]
supposed to actually be available? I don't see any references to it in my save as being available but do see it in the weapons page (and in the according section in the save). It's also visible on the
Spoiler
autofit for Sierra's variant of the Vow.
[close]

If it is supposed to be dropped or something I suppose I could always console command it in. As far as I can tell, I didn't miss anything,
Spoiler
as I got both the Vow and the new hullmod.
[close]

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2022, 05:17:50 PM »

-snip-
The Edict can be found while scavenging (alongside its blueprint if you're lucky) and is used by Remnants.

TheDukeofErl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2022, 06:10:33 PM »

-snip-
The Edict can be found while scavenging (alongside its blueprint if you're lucky) and is used by Remnants.
Understood, thanks for the clarification! With any luck, I'll be able to find one. :)

BasileusBoi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2022, 01:12:44 PM »

Hey quick question... I might've maybe lost Sierra in battle and i wasn't able to recover her. she also isnt in my contact list in the intel screen anymore... im currently on mission 3, but is it possible to spawn her in again and continue from where i left off, or will i have to redo the entire quest again?

Besides that tho, i flipping love the story missions you've added. great work man!

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2022, 04:05:07 PM »

Hey quick question... I might've maybe lost Sierra in battle and i wasn't able to recover her. she also isnt in my contact list in the intel screen anymore... im currently on mission 3, but is it possible to spawn her in again and continue from where i left off, or will i have to redo the entire quest again?
Spawning her in again should do the trick.

Reposting this because I've discovered a pretty major bug with Starpocalypse:

If you have ever enabled Starpocalypse's "Stingy Recovery" option during a save, it will automatically break the last quest of this mod, details below. Future updates of SoTF will automatically crash if the quest module is enabled alongside this module.
Spoiler
The option breaks the interaction with the derelict Vow, causing it to be impossible to recover and locking both it and Sierra's level-up. This is due to a script which is added to your save if the option is enabled, and for which there is no code to remove mid-save if the option is later disabled.
[close]

BasileusBoi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2022, 06:04:08 AM »

Spawning her in again should do the trick.

Reposting this because I've discovered a pretty major bug with Starpocalypse:

If you have ever enabled Starpocalypse's "Stingy Recovery" option during a save, it will automatically break the last quest of this mod, details below. Future updates of SoTF will automatically crash if the quest module is enabled alongside this module.
Spoiler
The option breaks the interaction with the derelict Vow, causing it to be impossible to recover and locking both it and Sierra's level-up. This is due to a script which is added to your save if the option is enabled, and for which there is no code to remove mid-save if the option is later disabled.
[close]
How do i do that? i'm not very well versed with console commands and such...

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2022, 08:16:20 AM »

How do i do that? i'm not very well versed with console commands and such...
With the Console Commands mod, hit control+backspace and type "addship fronsec_pledge" (other useful IDs: "fronsec_pledge_Base" for its initial loadout and dmods, "fronsec_pledge_Filled" for a pristine with the full autofit)

playbabeTheBookShelf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2022, 03:30:20 PM »

I love the idea that after boss fight you'll get to 'upgrade' Sierra. I have question tho...
Where you planned to end? Big [Redacted]? or even [Super Redacted] or it will be new custom ship.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2022, 04:27:46 AM »

Absolutely amazing mod. I would love to see this expanded further! I just did the third quest where sierra ship upgrades. That felt like a professionally done quest. I wish the developer of this would hire you to make quests for this. You could really flesh out the remnant content of the game. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

One question, after Sierra's second upgrade, the other ship unlocks a hull mod that I can't seem to find anywhere? Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 12:30:10 PM by Jet Black »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2022, 01:12:09 PM »

Absolutely amazing mod. I would love to see this expanded further! I just did the third quest where sierra ship upgrades. That felt like a professionally done quest. I wish the developer of this would hire you to make quests for this. You could really flesh out the remnant content of the game. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

One question, after Sierra's second upgrade, the other ship unlocks a hull mod that I can't seem to find anywhere? Am I missing something?
Thank you for the kind words! Sierra's augments appear in the hullmods menu under the "Anomalous Phase-Tech" category (new categories are hidden by default, unfortunately)

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2022, 03:19:20 PM »

sometimes Sierra blurts out 3-5 lines in a row at the start of the battle. it's kinda cute. is this intended behaviour, or is the interdimensional AI waifu glitching out again?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:22:01 PM by Psyentific »

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2022, 11:49:08 AM »

Looking for more mods that add quests. Does your other mod Arsenal Expansion only have the quest from this one and no new quests? Should I get both?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2022, 12:12:33 PM »

Arsenal Expansion only had a prototype of this mod's quest series and some ships. You can get both if you want the added ships, but other than that no, no new quests.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2022, 05:40:49 PM »

Excellent, thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27