Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: [0.96a] Secrets of the Frontier (Prerelease 13.2a) - indev campaign mod  (Read 252628 times)

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Secrets of the Frontier (Prerelease 13.2a) - indev campaign mod
« Reply #390 on: February 29, 2024, 09:08:43 PM »

So a question in regard to the Hypnos, if i add this mod midd campaingh does it spawn a new cryosleeper or does something with an existing one, and if it spawns a new one, is there a way to know where it spawned, cause i really don't want to fly to every star again

AnXel LG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 01, 2024, 04:03:32 AM »

- snip -
Apologies for being late, but the Discord beta requires the latest hotfix of Starsector 0.97a - earlier versions of the update will not work. (I believe RC8 or newer is required)

RE: missing weapon crash: your sins will not be forgiven until you dying alone in the infinite void just like all those others you've condemned. You monsters.

(now THAT's what I call breaking reality)

As an enthusiast fan of the Starship Legends mod by Sundog, I'm OK with having most of my ships being labeled as "death traps"  ;D ;D Sins? What sins? SAFETY OVERRIDE!!

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2024, 05:13:56 PM »

So a question in regard to the Hypnos, if i add this mod midd campaingh does it spawn a new cryosleeper or does something with an existing one, and if it spawns a new one, is there a way to know where it spawned, cause i really don't want to fly to every star again
Hypnos will spawn as a third cryosleeper as it always does (it never replaces Tantalus or Calypso). There is a "sotf_findsecret hypnos" console command which will give you a marker to the system it's in.

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 02, 2024, 12:03:15 PM »

Hypnos will spawn as a third cryosleeper as it always does (it never replaces Tantalus or Calypso). There is a "sotf_findsecret hypnos" console command which will give you a marker to the system it's in.
I'm getting "Java.lang.NullPointerException" while trying to use it

tovarichcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2024, 04:51:55 AM »

Hello! The game crashes when I try and assign
Spoiler
Dauntless-Annex-Barrow, the ai reward from defeating the Cryosleeper Hypnos' guardians.
[close]
to a vessel. The following is the crash log. Great work all around, am immensely enjoying your content. Keep it up!

9127438 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.skills.SotfDerelictContingentPersonal$Level1.apply(SotfDerelictContingentPersonal.java:98)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.applyPersonalToStats(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.updateStats(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.setCaptain(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.setCaptain(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.s.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0O0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.int.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

holyjay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2024, 12:52:33 PM »

I've only recently started playing the game and heard good things about this mod so I want to try it out.

How playable/buggy is v0.14 BETA coldfix 6? Should I hold off for a 0.97a update? Is that planned for the near future?

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2024, 01:10:44 PM »

I've only recently started playing the game and heard good things about this mod so I want to try it out.

How playable/buggy is v0.14 BETA coldfix 6? Should I hold off for a 0.97a update? Is that planned for the near future?

Haven't met a single bug while playing the latest beta.

zero the big boy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 16, 2024, 04:14:09 PM »

hi i'm doing a run with the haunted start and i just wanna say

felcisis (or however it's spelt) is a great addition but his The Perfect Storm makes fights actually painful at least with the scaling and balance i'm playing my saves at

fights are straight up unplayable when he's overloading my whole entire fleet for several seconds in rapid succession and causing at best chip damage while my shields restart and at worst debilitating hull loss and destruction

i think it'd be more fair if the skill only affected nearby ships like how the cyberwarfare does but as it is having even my carriers and rear fighters getting shut down mid fight where the AI doesn't know how to brace for the impending overload or make space has prompted me to just debug kill felcisis whenever he rolls the skill

otherwise it's a great addition like the rest of the mod but he's otherwise straight up insufferable

also i think there's an oversight because i once saw him take over a phase ship and the skill kept on ticking while phased but at the accelerated time flow of phasing which meant my whole entire fleet would be overloading once every Ten seconds or so often before they even finished cooling off for the stun

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 16, 2024, 07:03:46 PM »

-snip-
Thanks for the feedback! The Perfect Storm is meant to be a global effect since it's part of the "support" skill lineup (i.e skills that are primarily intended to make the enemy fleet as a whole harder to fight, rather than simply powering up Felcesis). The fact that it speeds up for time-accelerated ships is a bug fixed for the latest beta version (it'll now tick every 30 real-life seconds no matter what kinds of time multipliers are going on).

I agree it might be a little overtuned and there's a few levers to tune it down (longer timer, shorter overload, better AI reactions - they do in fact recognize that there's an overload coming and try to back off - higher-level officers and AI cores will more consistently vent or phase to dodge the overload). It's also a bit more common than it should be since there's only 1 other "normal" support trait (at 0.14 launch it'll be 5 total with Elegy of Opis reworked and Phantom Dancing/Proxy War added)

avallanch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2024, 08:43:27 AM »

I think i found a major bug, as in if you have suport fleet with youand you ask nightinghale to join you all my ships blew up. Have a save if that helps right after the interaction. Sadly my save is gone with this... any idea how do destpawn caruser fleet immiedietly?

zero the big boy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2024, 06:34:15 PM »

-snip-
snippies
that's nice to hear since as it is basically whenever they roll the skill it turns the fight into a mad dash to find which ship was taken over and speedrun killing it before too much damage is dealt
from a player perspective it's somewhat frustrating to have no counter to it but i suppose difficulty is what you sign up for when you specifically try to enrage felcesis
though it would be nice to have some way to counteract it besides hoping rng blesses you and a fast and frail ship that gets to the front lines immediately to be killed off versus a heavy capital that'll be sticking around for a while and or god forbid venting its flux while you cool off from the overloads

as it is it seems at least a little bit overtuned compared to their other skills since i find myself feeling pretty nonthreatened by felcesis unless there's storms or they take over something already pretty scary

as always besides great mod keep up the truly spectacular work
sotf's quickly become a personal favorite

MRXZX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2024, 08:24:30 AM »

Haven't met a single bug while playing the latest beta.

yet... prbl, I mean author stated that its not compatible with new version

NaokiP

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 29, 2024, 06:07:22 PM »

Fel started glowing like it was about to trigger some last ditch attack right before dying and the game crashed with the code below. Opis/Undying was triggered about 30 seconds prior. It was commandeering a Geist (MbG), a phase cruiser from Everybody Loves KoC, if that makes a difference

Code
9234581 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [sotf_realitybreaker] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [sotf_realitybreaker] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.Q.String(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getWeaponSpec(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at data.scripts.campaign.skills.SotfRealityBreaker$SotfRealityBreakerScript.advance(SotfRealityBreaker.java:108) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

Jimminy Crimbles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2024, 07:01:32 PM »

Fel started glowing like it was about to trigger some last ditch attack right before dying and the game crashed with the code below. Opis/Undying was triggered about 30 seconds prior. It was commandeering a Geist (MbG), a phase cruiser from Everybody Loves KoC, if that makes a difference

Code
9234581 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [sotf_realitybreaker] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getWeaponSpec(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at data.scripts.campaign.skills.SotfRealityBreaker$SotfRealityBreakerScript.advance(SotfRealityBreaker.java:108) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]

working as intended. reality breaker is supposed to crash the game, apparently

NaokiP

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 30, 2024, 08:07:16 AM »

Code

working as intended. reality breaker is supposed to crash the game, apparently

hilarious
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28