Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Purchasing a game  (Read 2359 times)

assasinN00b

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Purchasing a game
« on: August 03, 2019, 08:31:51 AM »

I am currently in england. My question is if i select england in the purchace category will i be able to play it in poland. Also, will i just get the key to download it on more than one device or?

SteelSoldier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Purchasing a game
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:18:13 AM »

Take my information with a grain of salt, I think at the moment you can use the key given to you everywhere, however there is a chance that in the future when we are close or there is a 1.00 version of the game that this game will be available on steam or other platforms, when that happens, you will likely activate it on steam for example or have it downloaded from GOG or other sources

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »

You can play Starsector offline (presumably anywhere) provided you have the key.  Starsector is installed much like a game from more than ten years ago.

That was why I got this game instead of SPAZ several years ago, and SPAZ would have won over Starsector if it had an old-fashion key like old games.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 10:45:17 AM »

As things stand you can install the game anywhere on as many computers as you want with one key.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »

(Yep, just confirming this.)

CoffeeKitty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 07:56:08 PM »

I am currently in england. My question is if i select england in the purchace category will i be able to play it in poland. Also, will i just get the key to download it on more than one device or?

this game has no drm whatsoever, feel free to install it and play it whenever and wherever

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »

How the game works with serials, the application has an algorithm of keys it accepts, which is kept secret, Alex 'creates' these keys and sells them. So as long as the game itself gets a valid key, it doesn't care where you got it from or how many other computers are running the application. It doesn't connect to the internet, it doesn't check anything like region or anything else.

cataract

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »

Thank you if this is true, I will be purchasing it. If not whatever. I still like the features of this game. Any idea this will be released on any platforms like GOG or steam?

Hoping I'll like it, lately been getting bored of gaming. Space games seem to be giving me back the itch for gaming.