Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Doritos Loot  (Read 2423 times)

Obscurus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Doritos Loot
« on: January 14, 2022, 09:30:45 PM »

Is it me or do you only get the REDACTED weapons as loot from the Tesseract itself and not the Facet, shards and the aspects? I feel like I'm getting a lot less weapons than I should from the fight. There was one time where I got two Volatile Particle Drivers from a Doritos bounty (second one when I salvaged the debris field) despite the Tesseract only having one of those and none of the other forms having any. Pretty sure that was a glitch.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Doritos Loot
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 02:20:32 PM »

I got exactly the same loot after replaying the battle to minimize losses so loot is predetermined somehow.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 04:22:19 PM »

afaik you only get the loot from the first 2 & they're set per-seed, so it's always the same (no cheesing or w/e)
though you do get more loot than you theoretically should from just 2 tesseracts

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 04:23:04 PM »

It's actually delivered from a unique drop group and not based on what the ship has at all. I do something similar with some of my high-end weapons.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 04:24:32 PM »

Is it possible to check what the loot will be from just the seed?

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 10:41:27 PM »

The Omega loot depends on your salvage % (at least in version 0.95a, I haven't tested for 0.95.1a). So by having different numbers of Salvage Rigs and/or Shepherds in your fleet (and/or the Salvage skill), you can get different weapons from the fight. They are generally pretty close to (but not quite) static with a given salvage % though. Thus this provides a way to save scum for the weapons you want if you choose.

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2022, 12:41:01 AM »

There should be loot now in the hypershunts themselves, not just the Doritos. At least Alex promised it will work in current version. Did anyone check out already what's dropping there - are there any Redacted weapons in the shunts?

Also - I'm not sure if its Nex or the default game, but in one of my hypershunt systems two Redacted cruisers with Redacted destroyer are on free patrol in the system, so looks like more stuff will drop.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 01:52:13 AM »

Eh I'm not seeing anything on the hypershunts other than the usual thing of giving a bunch of stuff to turn it on. Otherwise, loot is just the Doritos. I don't see any patrols either, so that may be a Nex feature.

Oh, also, wanted to note, the salvage % doesn't seem to change the larges, only the mediums and the smalls. So I'm not aware of any way to change which larges you get in a given playthrough. Also, you almost always (but not quite always) get at least 1 of each of the 4 smalls in your loot. So you'll almost always get at least 2 (maybe at least 3 depending on the bounty) of each of the smalls in each playthrough. The mediums do vary though so hard to say for those.

koprus

• Ensign
  • Just noob mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 02:26:04 AM »

Is there any mod that increases the number of doritos in the map? (number of shunts, adds patrolling doritos etc)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 02:33:22 AM »

Adjusted Sector for more hypershunts, Nexerelin for patrolling dorito fleets.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 05:52:44 AM »

To use a hypershunt, you need to have a colony within hypershunt radius, then you need to find a hypershunt tap for it and another item that boosts the refinery at another colony with no atmosphere to meet 10 demand for transplutonics.  If you manage all of that, you get an extra industry.  If you install the tap at a size 4+ colony, you are guaranteed to get a Pather cell and then you play whack-a-mole Pathers.

Too luck-based and too much trouble for what it is worth.

koprus

• Ensign
  • Just noob mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2022, 06:56:33 AM »

To use a hypershunt, you need to have a colony within hypershunt radius, then you need to find a hypershunt tap for it and another item that boosts the refinery at another colony with no atmosphere to meet 10 demand for transplutonics.  If you manage all of that, you get an extra industry.  If you install the tap at a size 4+ colony, you are guaranteed to get a Pather cell and then you play whack-a-mole Pathers.

Too luck-based and too much trouble for what it is worth.

IMO pathers should never bother harrasing a colony that is a certain distance far away from the core worlds. This should fix the problem. Who would even logistically bother to harass a 4+ colony in the far reaches of the sector? noone.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2022, 07:04:55 AM »

Who would even logistically bother to harass a 4+ colony in the far reaches of the sector?
...delusional religious fanatics?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2022, 11:23:42 AM »

The pathers are not really a problem tbh... at that stage of the game a disruption doesn't actually hurt the player very much even in the semi-rare cases they actually succeed: it just costs money and players have incredible amounts of money.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2022, 11:30:29 AM »

I don't think pathers are a big issue, either. While their sabotage has a chance of working, it has a chance to fail, too, and it's fairly rare on top of that.