Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sseth Tide  (Read 22147 times)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Sseth Tide
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 10:42:42 AM »

I would actually consider buying it on steam again, since like I mentioned before your game is worth more than you currently charge.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 10:47:01 AM »

But even if they didn't, I know I am already planning on buying it direct from Steam to help with reviews and such
I would actually consider buying it on steam again, since like I mentioned before your game is worth more than you currently charge.

Thank you, that genuinely means a lot to me!

felixmordou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »

Honestly, having spent the $15 last night and having already lost a full 12 hours to this game, I would easily pay for it again.

Easily the best impulse purchase I've made in six months.

Zapier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »

I still find it crazy I bought this like just 17 days shy of 8 years ago, at the recommendation of another friend who always found interesting stuff off the beaten path. Over the years I've brought this game up to friends and I'd get a few questions here or there but little interest. Suddenly, this video comes out and those same people are then messaging me telling me they've found something I'd probably like and how they're thinking of getting it... and as I had to remind them again, I've had it forever!

I'm glad I know at least two who ended up buying it since and yeah I think they've already got their money's worth from it too. It's always nice to see something I, not so secretly by choice, enjoyed and kept wanting more of get quite a bump in interest so many years later. Just goes to show you what having someone with some influence and a quality product to showcase can do.

DireKushko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 02:12:03 AM »

I just watched the youtube vid as well and even though i have had the game for several months now, i was happy to see it get more attention.

As a side note a friend of mine introduced me to this game. I have never heard of it before even though this is pretty much the type of game i enjoy most. I am 33 years old and have not pulled an allnighter with a game in about 15 years...until i tried Starsector. :) A couple of days at work were pretty rough at about the time i got the game.

I wont presume to know if and when a steam launch (or any other store platform) would be good for the game but this game deserves and needs more attention and love, so hopefully this latest video is just a sign of what is to come.

skipper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 04:09:55 AM »

hey hey people

TMK2000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »

Im one of the new ones who got it after a friend watched Sseth video and then shared it with me. Love the game so far but damn, it is deep! Im having problems with the first mission with the mining-pirates in the tutorial at the moment. Have to redo the whole thing cause I only reclaimed two ships (cheap ass I know haha).

Crawford

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 11:45:05 AM »

I also heard about the game from the video. Unfortunately, as I'm currently busy with Monster Hunter World, and still have a bunch of other games on my shortlist to experience and get into, I don't think I can afford the time sink to learn and get into this game right now. I already bought Factorio last year and have only dabbled in it so far. Similar story for AI War, except I don't think I even really got past the tutorial stuff. At least, I didn't get far enough past the tutorial in AI War to actually learn the game and play a full match of it.

I'm just making this account to state my interest in the game, and make sure I have the relevant site and game bookmarked.

I'll be doing a few hours of research by looking up quickstart guides on the forums, reading through the documentation or wikis, and watching some of a playthrough on video streaming sites before making a final decision, but based on what I've heard about this game and how thorough it is, I think it's exactly the kind of game that I wish there were much more of.

I think it's great that you're still a small indie developer that sells the games on your own website rather than only selling the game through major distributors. There's a certain amount of trust there, and a certain amount of passion that's implied there. Just like Dwarf Fortress and Factorio (which I bought on the website, so I have a key from them, as well as a steam key).

Here's to hoping that the game continues to be a big success, that you can make enough money from it, and the recent video popularizing it, to keep growing, and here's to hoping that you don't ever forget your roots in dedicated passion.

Cheers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 11:51:12 AM »

Thank you! <3

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 10:43:10 PM »

thanks to Sseth im actually using his key to try this game out. 

im a few hours in and i think im going to like it.  i predict im going to end up buying this game.

i REALLY wish this game was on steam though.  i would instantly purchase it if it appeared there.
I'm about 99% sure that Alex has said that keys bought now would work on Steam. But even if they didn't, I know I am already planning on buying it direct from Steam to help with reviews and such

Amen to that, when it hit steam I'm going to buy a copy. Yea I've still got my key but at this point I feel bad for not buying the game again after all the hours I've put in.

Edit: I'm not saying the game has to be put on steam either. Its whatever works best for the game. I've seen the darker side of steam mods and the community that exists there and completely understand if people don't want to tread there.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:07:38 PM by Alphascrub »

briangw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 11:09:41 AM »

If you can't get us Steam keys, I will buy it again. I bought this many moons ago, probably in early development. I saw this review and I couldn't stop laughing.  ;D

Madao

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 05:14:18 PM »

I still find it crazy I bought this like just 17 days shy of 8 years ago, at the recommendation of another friend who always found interesting stuff off the beaten path. Over the years I've brought this game up to friends and I'd get a few questions here or there but little interest. Suddenly, this video comes out and those same people are then messaging me telling me they've found something I'd probably like and how they're thinking of getting it... and as I had to remind them again, I've had it forever!

Bruh.. It is mind numbing when people do this, good job keeping your sanity.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 01:49:11 AM »

Pretty much the same story, had this game for a couple of years now and always told friends about it, that they at least try it out or something. It was always ''ehh doesn't seem like my cup of tea'', ''not a fan of those''. Now after the Sseth video came out 3 out of 4 of them said ''holy *** this look really cool, I'm probably gonna end up buying it just to support the developers on this passion project''. Part of the issue I think is that people are doubtful when you recommend something no living soul has heard about, and now that a big kahuna youtuber said it's one of the best products he had bought, they immediately show interest.
Please don't take me too seriously.

ferko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 02:03:21 AM »

Cant beleive i'm joining a bandwagon... So far i've read more than actually played, someone put real effort into the rpg part. I like the semi rugged, saturated looks of portraits, ship, weapons, most of the ui. I really hope that the preorders make enough money to get the game fully polished and released soon.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 11:52:39 AM »

Will forum servers be upgraded, or are you just going to wait this one out, Alex? I think the latter is going to be better, if this activity eventually settles down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4