Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Sseth Tide  (Read 22149 times)

Arealfairchild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Sseth Tide
« on: August 03, 2019, 12:51:55 AM »

Who else bought this game after seeing the amazing review presented by SSethTzeentach? My best regards to the Merchant's Guild.

assasinN00b

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Sseth Tide
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 08:27:11 AM »

I found out about this game thanks to him. Buying it soon after i get awnser to my question ill post in a while.

SteelSoldier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »

While I already have the game for several years already, I loved his game review

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »

Everyone is talking about it like it’s a pretty significant amount of people. I would love to know how many. I guess only Mr. Alex could answer that?

Bizarro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 10:52:24 AM »

Hey hey, people. Oldfriend here. I was hoping (but not expecting) Sseth would review this game at some point. So glad he liked it so much. Welcome to the galaxy. Try not to inadvertently ddos the forums again lmao.

I'm guessing at least a few hundred or maybe a thousand people came over here yesterday after watching his review.

Arealfairchild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 01:41:49 PM »

Everyone is talking about it like it’s a pretty significant amount of people. I would love to know how many. I guess only Mr. Alex could answer that?

The video has 451k views so if even 1% were interested enough to grab a copy, that's a great boon for Fractal Softworks. And so far from what I've played, they deserve it. The game is a blast and I'm looking forward to more.

Jake_Shynxu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 03:11:11 PM »

I didn't know a game like this existed till last night and i've wanted one for so long. The perfect blend of so many features from other games I love.
Combat like Gratuitous Space Battles with more complexity, background sim & trading like X and Elite Dangerous, Exploration like Stellaris.
But most importantly, 2d sprite graphics throws wide the gates for modding, a mistake that GSB 2 made where GSB1 was so successful.
It's a dream come true for me

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 03:13:26 PM »

Ya honestly I think this is my favorite game since Factorio. Can’t wait for things to get fleshed out!

CoffeeKitty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »

you should see what happened to SS13 after his review, he brought in so many people the beyond client crashed, and several player run servers could not keep up with the playercount, in a single week that game got more traffic than it did over it's entire life

i mean as a tiny anecdote i have a large freindgroup of 20 or so people who share sseths vids, none of us have heard of star sector (WHICH IS CRIMINAL considering stardrive, ai war, gratuitous space battles and the X series are among my favorite games)

Seriously Fractal, get this game on steam, you need the exposure - this game is WONDERFUL. i bought it as soon as i watched that video and i'm 15 hours in and i probably will keep playing it for weeks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:49:16 PM by CoffeeKitty »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 08:49:15 PM »

It will go on storefronts... When it is ready™.

Bmacthesage

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »

thanks to Sseth im actually using his key to try this game out. 

im a few hours in and i think im going to like it.  i predict im going to end up buying this game.

i REALLY wish this game was on steam though.  i would instantly purchase it if it appeared there.

DancingMonkey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 11:32:52 PM »

He always seems to review games I already own and play.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 04:33:45 AM »

thanks to Sseth im actually using his key to try this game out. 

im a few hours in and i think im going to like it.  i predict im going to end up buying this game.

i REALLY wish this game was on steam though.  i would instantly purchase it if it appeared there.
I'm about 99% sure that Alex has said that keys bought now would work on Steam. But even if they didn't, I know I am already planning on buying it direct from Steam to help with reviews and such
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

[HN]

• Ensign
  • newbie with no modding experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »

I did.
I first gave it a solid try with his cd key, and after having enjoyed it a lot and see THIS bit on the FAQ I just bought it, and I'm selling it to all my friends that could be into that kind of game.

The game is amazing.

(also, you totally should put his video in your media section, it sells the game SO WELL.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 10:32:55 AM »

Thank you all!

I'm about 99% sure that Alex has said that keys bought now would work on Steam. But even if they didn't, I know I am already planning on buying it direct from Steam to help with reviews and such

(Just to clarify, if/when the game gets on Steam, I'd try to make sure existing customers get Steam keys for it. Since that's something that requires Valve to go along with it - even though they've done this in the past - it's not something I can actually promise. So, for example, this wouldn't be something to base the purchasing decision on.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4