Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: favorite flagship for each stage of the game?  (Read 13546 times)

dead_hand

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: favorite flagship for each stage of the game?
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 11:44:00 AM »

Try and get your hands on an Odyssey then Impetus! It has a great burst system and good firepower. Hard to find though...

Odyssey is great, but has a great weakness - it requires a good (human) pilot. No mistakes allowed.

I find myself incompetent piloting this thing. Shame.

What is your loadout? I often see this as a recurring theme, I have no problems wiping the floor with everyone using autopilot Odysseys. I think that the main problem with the ship might perhaps be that it doesn't have any synergy with most other ships, only with more of the same ship.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2020, 11:49:39 AM »

What is your loadout?

Different. Experimenting a lot. Using a lot of other player's loadouts. Each and every time it is my fault as pilot, not loadout. Perhaps autopilot is better than me. Shame2.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Impetus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2020, 12:31:08 PM »

Try and get your hands on an Odyssey then Impetus! It has a great burst system and good firepower. Hard to find though...

I'll do so! It seems I forgot the Odyssey had a rework and changed ship systems, thanks for the recommendation. ;D

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2020, 04:47:16 PM »

I find that early game frigates just don't pack the OOMPH to make a big difference so I try and get myself into a destroyer ASAP. Usually my first main flagship is a Hammerhead as the Accelerated Ammo Feeders allow it to really bring the pain on w/e I want dead. I like to then look for the more rare Sunder and give it an Autopulse Laser + Expanded Mags hullmod, combine that with two light needlers/railguns and its ship system and the thing can just delete most ships that aren't heavy cruisers and up.

I get a lot of mileage out of the Sunder so mid game is kinda blurry to me. End game depends on if I went for combat skills or not, with no skills I like to get into an Aurora built for shield strength, high flux capacity and Heavy Blasters. I charge up front with the Aurora and tank all the missiles/fighter rush with the shields and distract the enemy while chasing down frigates/destroyers that get to far from their pack and pop them with the Heavy Blasters.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2020, 12:53:39 AM »

Early / Mid changes a lot so I don't have a clear response there, but late game it's definitely the Aurora. The speed plus firepower is great, and chaining multiple Auroras using SO is my favorite way of playing the game. I wish I could get into capitals but they're just too slow, I only use them if the enemy fleet is too strong.

dead_hand

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2020, 12:40:32 PM »

Vanilla:
Early game:
Early game is very volatile so hard to say. If it is the Apogee start, then well, the apogee, because it beats any of the easy to get ships by a large margin.
If it is not the apogee start, then I usually try and snatch a Pirate Mule or Pirate Enforcer. The obvious goal is to get a Monitor class frigate ASAP, because of the insane capabilities to tank damage. You can even stand in front of an onslaught for a while, and that's enough reasons to fly a Monitor!

Mid-Game:
Save up for an Eagle or an Aurora ASAP (depending on which one I am able to find)

Late-Game:
I usually stick with the Aurora because I don't really pilot ships if it's not absolutely necessary. If it gets uber-late game then Paragon.

Modded:
Early-Game:
I try to muster enough forces to visit The Hazard Mining Inc part of the sector, defeat as many DRACO fleets as possible and salvage whatever ships I possibly can. They're not amazingly great, but seems to be the easiest way to bolster the numbers. My flagship will be whatever I can salvage. There's a vanilla medusa that's also quite easy to salvage in the list of mods I like to play with, but don't want to give away the spoiler as to which mod and how.

Mid-Game:
Again, Aurora, it's just that good of a ship. Although I always leave it on auto-pilot.

Late-Game:
I stick with the Aurora, Sarissa (M) if I can find one (Mayasura Navy mod), or some bounty ship from one of the mods that provide special bounty ships as loot. (e.g. Vayra's mods)
Uber-Late game: Caliph Class from the Kadur Remnant mod.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2020, 09:51:11 AM »

Early / Mid changes a lot so I don't have a clear response there, but late game it's definitely the Aurora. The speed plus firepower is great, and chaining multiple Auroras using SO is my favorite way of playing the game. I wish I could get into capitals but they're just too slow, I only use them if the enemy fleet is too strong.

What I do know in the earliest part of the game is flying a fast freighter and tanker souped up in System Overrides and Unstable Injector to maximize chance of speedy escapes while have the operation range to perform multiple exploration missions in a trip. Helps in screening the entire for colony candidates while being economical in credits spending fuel and supplies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]