Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Better blueprint spawning  (Read 1703 times)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Better blueprint spawning
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:10:11 PM »

So from what I understand every blueprint might not spawn on a given map, I’m fine with that as it varies the game. What bothers me is how many of the same blueprint I will get.....

I’ll spend so much time exploring looking for blueprints and 50% of what I’ll get are copies. It really sucks the joy out of the exploration....

Arakasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Better blueprint spawning
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:09:56 AM »

Yeah I can get behind this. Sucks to find the 4th blueprint for an Astral Carrier. But at the same time, there's only so many ships in the game, and lore-wise it makes sense that there's duplicates.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:26:14 AM »

This (plus endless pirate raids that make it hard to explore without putting weaker core worlds at risk of decivilization) is why I like to raid for blueprints now that they are almost guaranteed drop per raid (if not follow-ups in quick succession).  That said, I like to get the pack before I raid so that blueprints for common stuff like Hammerheads and Harpoons do not drop instead of rare stuff.

Of course, that does not help Prometheus 2, which cannot be raided for since Pathers have no Heavy Industry.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 11:06:07 AM »

If you dont use the BP, the game won't remove it from the loot pool
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »

Hence, the need to learn the arcane priority system to try to block out unwanted hulls, which mostly works if player has enough system mastery (which should not be needed - blacklist please).

That only applies to raids.  Salvaging caches and loot gives blueprints whether they are learned or not.  Tech mine replaces learned blueprints with nothing, and you get less loot!  If tech mines will not replace learned blueprints with unknown ones, at least tech mines should give learned blueprints so player can sell them for money.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 05:40:49 AM »

I always learn the print even if I don’t plan on using it. I’ve gotten some of the basic blueprint packages like general hegemony ships at least six times. I realize there are limited prints and I’m not expecting to never get duplicates, but... less would be nice haha.

Also it seems that the game drops more prints of the faction you tend to use more? It seems that way anyways...