Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Manual Suspicion Clearing  (Read 1493 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Manual Suspicion Clearing
« on: July 11, 2019, 05:17:39 AM »

I've found once or twice when I've been desperate to get to a station that I have been unable to access it because a nearby fleet wanted to stop me and look at my cargo. Unfortunately these patrols are in combat nearby and consequently you have to wait for them to finish before you can access the market.

What I propose is you can talk to the Security Officer at the station and undergo the cargo scan instead of waiting for a nearby fleet. Also, you can do that before you leave the station, if you've been trading on the black market and want to pre-emptively cancel the patrol. Also adds in the possibility to bribe security officers to look the other way for black market usage.

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Manual Suspicion Clearing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 01:58:28 PM »

Certainly an interesting option, if the station/planet itself enforced the cargo scan if you got there before the fleet got to you. They obviously already know you're due for one after all, since the fleet in question radio'd ahead to let them know not to admit you until the scan was finished. In that case, I suppose the player would be forced to pay whatever fine/bribe or have any illegal cargo confiscated - since it's not just a fleet that the player could choose to fight instead of allowing the scan.

Of course, other options in the mean time are to either:
1) join the fleet in battle to help it along so that it can scan you without to many more in-game days passing, and deploy just enough ships to make sure the fighting is still even; or
2) make sure you have your transponder on when doing legitimate trading, and only buy/sell from/to the black market on non-pirate planets *after* doing all your legitimate trading in that system.