Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a RC8] Uncompletable fights  (Read 3382 times)

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a RC8] Uncompletable fights
« on: June 16, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »

Essentially, I am having fights where every single enemy ship is dead or retreated, but I cannot force victory - The game seems to believe there is still some kind of enemy ship left on the map which is preventing me from achieving a "clean field" victory, while simultaneously the AI has not yielded the fight which would let me claim victory via the menu. The only option is to force a mass retreat on my ships and then just leave the fight - a sub optimal outcome since obviously this means you will lose salvage rewards.

This doesn't seem to be repeatable, fighting the same fight several times resulted in this happening once out of the 5 or 6 times I tried the fight, so I am not sure if my save game will be any use in this case.

Now, the only thing I can think is consistent between these occurrences is that it seems to occur when enemy ships retreat. I think it is possible some situation is occurring where AI ships which have been "manually" retreated by the AI due to being too damaged still count towards the AI's assessment of what ships it has in play - hence if it retreats a bunch of damaged or near death ships, it counts these retreated ships as being "in play" and giving it the false impression of the fight still being worth continuing.

Mods I'm using are uh, Lazylib, graphicslib, magiclib, starship legends, underworld, ship/weapon pack, nexellerin, disassemble reassamble, brdy and arsenal expansion.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a RC8] Uncompletable fights
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »

*snip text*
I have this bug, too... although in my case, I narrowed it down to Diable Avionics.

Before manually editing D.A.'s ship_data.csv to get rid of some CIVILIAN tags, I had to use Console Commands' 'ForceDeployAll' to get some freighters to appear, otherwise the battle would not end.

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »

Hmmmmmm, how do I check what ships have those tags, since I don't have diable? next time it occurs I'll have a look which ships the enemy had with those tags, since that could be the reason by the sounds of it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »

Do those fights happen to involve ships with modules? For example, say, a ship with a destructible armor module? There used to be an issue where a ship-with-modules retreating would leave the modules behind and the battle would not end until those were destroyed (which was problematic as they were a ways off the map), but that *should* be fixed for .1. Still, it sounds similar to what you're experiencing.

Btw: if you run the game in dev mode and get into this state, if you hold down F12, that would deal damage to and eventually destroy any remaining enemy ships. So, doing that would be a way to check whether the battle not ending is a result of enemy ships present on the map in some way, or something else (such as the enemy not deploying ships and not retreating, which technically shouldn't be possible, but, well, that's why they call them bugs.)

Drone_Fragger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 03:06:26 PM »

Now you say that, I'm pretty sure they do - the Vagrant armoured destroyer in Disassemble/Reassemble has a front armour module which is separate from the ship itself. I'll try to bait a fleet with some into a fight and try to make one of them retreat without destroying the armour on it.

Kreuzberger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 04:45:18 AM »

In general triggering retreat for yourself helps to get out of the battle. I had this situation often and just retreated.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 05:06:48 AM »

The retreating ship-with-modules bug seems to still be present in 0.9.1 RC8; I've encountered it with SWP's Cathedral.
Console's nuke command (get all FleetSide.ENEMY ships in combat engine and kill them) doesn't seem to fix it.

Fortunately dev versions of the console mod (available here) have the EndCombat command to solve problems like this.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 10:38:43 AM »

Ahh, fixed this, for real this time. The game was removing the ShipAPIs for the modules from the engine, but was not removing their corresponding DeployedFleetMemberAPI from the deployed list, which is what was being checked as far as ending combat.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 04:04:00 PM »

Also console commands EndCombat works too