Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boardable Unboardables.  (Read 67509 times)

ShadowDragon8685

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Boardable Unboardables.
« on: June 16, 2019, 12:03:15 AM »

Boardable Unboardables

Boardable Unboardables may now be downloaded externally, here.

Hello! Back again with another utility mod.

This one is called Boardable Unboardables. This bonehead simple utility mod simply overrides the UNBOARDABLE tag on the vanilla ships that have it by removing it. This means that, pending your ability to beat them down in combat and your luck with RNGesus, you too may wind up flying with various [REDACTED] in your fleet.

How are you actually commanding these ships? How does your character have the expertise to salvage them? That's up to you! For my money, I just say that either their stock flight controller was rewritten by an Alpha Core friendly to me that I'm carrying with me, or, if I assign an officer, we vacuum-seal them into a skintight spacesuit full of nanites and liquid breathing medium which we seal into a pod on the [REDACTED] somewhere and they operate the ship Shadowrun Rigger-style.

Anyway, this mod is surely to slightly abrade a lore purist's sense of purism since I have implemented absolutely nothing in the way of required extra skills or resources to salvage and repurpose these ships, and it'll probably not do great things for a balance purist's sense of balance. If you're fine with that and just want to plug yourself into a [REDACTED] flight-deck cruiser and go blow ships up... This mod may be for you.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:27:48 PM by ShadowDragon8685 »

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boardable Unboardables.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:21:21 AM »

Hello,

this mod looks very nice. Getting some of those sweet REDACTED or even some of the older droneships would be great. Will try out your mod today. Thank you for making this.

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »

Hey, I was just wondering, how does this mod interact with ships with Vast Bulk (ships with multiple parts that can each break, such as stations or one of that huge derelict ship)? I would imagine maybe your officers can, but you can't? If you can that'd be sick. ;D

Grungebob01

• Ensign
  • Deep Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 10:39:43 AM »

When I try to download this mod it just reloads the page, nothing happens. Any advice? I would really like to use this mod, since I'm still using Usable [REDACTED], it still seems to work, but I'd rather have something more up to date.

UPDATE: Found out my ad blocker was messing with the download, all good now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:52:06 PM by Grungebob01 »

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 04:12:13 AM »

i'm prob necroing the thread so apologies if I do so

If I add other unboardable ships like ones from other mods, like the Solar Droneship Battlecarrier from the Ship/Weapon pack mod etc etc, and if I add their details in this mod and remove the Unboardable tag and the Hidden in Codex tag, would they still work as in the chances of them being boardable after battle with Remnants?

Eshir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »

If I add other unboardable ships like ones from other mods, like the Solar Droneship Battlecarrier from the Ship/Weapon pack mod etc etc, and if I add their details in this mod and remove the Unboardable tag and the Hidden in Codex tag, would they still work as in the chances of them being boardable after battle with Remnants?

If a mod adds a(n) unboardable ship you want you can go into the mod \Starsector\mods\Name of mod adding ship\data\hulls look for ship_data.csv open that file with a word edditor i used notepad++ find the ship in the file and follow the line to this part "UNBOARDABLE, HIDE_IN_CODEX" and just delete the part UNBOARDABLE, leave the  " there and delete the , after unboardable and delete the space then save the csv and then enjoy capturing the ship you want

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 02:12:38 PM »

Download link is borked, if the author or someone else that has it available to reupload to a filesharing site I'd greatly appriciate it :)

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Lokoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 11:59:23 AM »

Here you go, not actually sure if It's the latest version tho, I hadn't played Starsector in a while, hope that helps anyway
https://files.catbox.moe/9uzb4f.zip

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 02:33:37 PM »

Here you go, not actually sure if It's the latest version tho, I hadn't played Starsector in a while, hope that helps anyway

Yup, it was indeed for 9.1a. Thanks man I owe you one  ;D

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

ShadowDragon8685

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 07:31:12 PM »

I added a link in the original post. I'd appreciate it if you took this mirror down.

long_chin_man

• Ensign
  • HAVE YOU SEEN CHEF
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 02:53:22 AM »

You know this mod is phenomenal but its never made clear whether you can board things like the
Spoiler
guardian or sporeship
[close]
or modded stuff. normal things yea but mods and the bosses hasnt been made clear

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 06:00:00 AM »

@Khyver

If you want you can easily spawn any ship onto your fleet using console command.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

long_chin_man

• Ensign
  • HAVE YOU SEEN CHEF
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 03:53:21 AM »

@SukmaZaki That wouldnt make it special then :ccccc