Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Sundiving 1.1  (Read 86263 times)

zlelmefs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Sundiving 1.1
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »

Please add a real download link. I just downloaded a couple dozen mods and yours was the only one using attachments- and therefore forcing me to make an account I don't want. Not your fault, the admin could easily turn off that "feature" of forcing logins for attachments.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:08:52 PM by zlelmefs »

MachoNatchoMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 07:14:37 AM »

Ello tharr.. I'd like to suggest that you make a little note above the attachment of some kind, any kind, that explicitly states that there is an attachment and maybe also that it requires login..
I did not even know there was an attachment until i decided to dig around a bunch for the 3'rd or 4'th time and found the comment complaining about needing to log in to see said attachment....
I'd just assumed that you'd forgotten to post a link or it was removed at some point because of the 'edit' mark on the post or even integrated into the fuel scoop mod you mention..
By default it seems there is not even the slightest hint that there is any kind of attachment what so ever and if there is one then it is so subtle that it went right by me multiple times...
I don't have any particular quarrel with needing an account and being logged in to download but it being essentially completely invisible unless logged in is absolutely ridiculous..
I've downloaded 37 mods so far and all of the but one was an absolute breeze with the exception of one but that was purely the uploaders/developers fault..
Sorry for the ramble.. Just really rather annoyed that i very nearly missed out on this little mod because of something so stupid.. Thanks for the mod and i wish you the best! have a good day.

Edit: Added a refferance image right bellow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:19:09 AM by MachoNatchoMan »

Lord_Asmodeus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 05:18:31 PM »

So, for some reason I don't think the mod is working for me, unfortunately. I have solar shielding on all of my ships and yet I still find that being near a sun or being hit by hyperstorms drains CR and damages ships. Not sure why.

Kluck666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for this very usefull mod.
But, as  Lord_Asmodeus, it seams not working on my game.

Does it need to be update ?

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »

Hello,

Thanks for this very usefull mod.
But, as  Lord_Asmodeus, it seems not working on my game.

Does it need to be update ?

I ran into this issue too where it seemed to not be working, however on further experimentation I found that's not the case? What seems to be the issue is ships with hull debuffs (compromised hull, compromised armor namely) still take damage from the corona regardless of solar shielding? Once I swapped out the damaged ships with pristine ones my fleet stopped taking the damage when camping out in coronas?

madethisforsundivingmod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2020, 11:04:23 AM »

could you please upload that in an external link so unregistered users can download that without registering and being logged? thank you

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »

could you please upload that in an external link so unregistered users can download that without registering and being logged? thank you

I second this. Made an account just to get the mod. A little annoying, that's all.

Nvm, the attachment was deleted by admin, so it was all for nothing. I should read better.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:23:43 PM by rawkhawklives »

ShadowDragon8685

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »

I second this. Made an account just to get the mod. A little annoying, that's all.

Nvm, the attachment was deleted by admin, so it was all for nothing. I should read better.

Sundiving is a depricated mod!

Sundiving is Depricated. It does not work as-advertised, and it cannot work as advertised, on the current iteration of Starsector. Alex is aware of this issue and since it stems from something else he thinks is also an issue, he will be correcting the way Solar Shielding works in the next iteration, in such a manner that will enable Sundiving to work.

Having said that, some modifications made by the Sundiving mod still retain some utility. Sundiving is incorporated into my current-gen mod Advanced Hullmods, so get it there!

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2020, 12:11:09 AM »

Sundiving is a depricated mod!

Sundiving is Depricated. It does not work as-advertised, and it cannot work as advertised, on the current iteration of Starsector. Alex is aware of this issue and since it stems from something else he thinks is also an issue, he will be correcting the way Solar Shielding works in the next iteration, in such a manner that will enable Sundiving to work.

Having said that, some modifications made by the Sundiving mod still retain some utility. Sundiving is incorporated into my current-gen mod Advanced Hullmods, so get it there!

Thanks for the reply! Glad to see you kept on with it. I'll be trying your hullmods rn.
Pages: 1 [2]