Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is there a mod for AI Cores to be fleet officers/mercenaries?  (Read 2088 times)

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Is there a mod for AI Cores to be fleet officers/mercenaries?
« on: August 07, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »

I know those damn [REDACTED] like their AI core officers, I was hoping there was a method to do the same similar to chucking one in a colony administrator position except for my fleets. Has anyone made a mod for it yet?

Also, is there not an easier way to find specific mods other than asking? The search bar clogs the page with everything even mentioning what I look for, which only results in a ton of pages with comments only talking about AI cores, not mods involving them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 05:46:22 PM by Kayo »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod for AI Cores to be fleet officers/mercenaries?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:26:26 PM »

No. Such mod is hard enough to create that nobody has bothered with it yet and since the next update is shaping up to add exactly that, not many will spend time and effort on implementing something that vanilla is going to do (relatively) soon and do it better.

Kayo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a mod for AI Cores to be fleet officers/mercenaries?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:34:12 PM »

No. Such mod is hard enough to create that nobody has bothered with it yet and since the next update is shaping up to add exactly that, not many will spend time and effort on implementing something that vanilla is going to do soon and do it better.

Ah, it's planning on being added? Fantastic :D I suppose that's even better then