Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Newer Player - Impressions  (Read 1069 times)

Nyrro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Newer Player - Impressions
« on: June 06, 2019, 06:24:29 PM »

Hey, Just wanted to say I really like the game, was mentioned randomly by a youtube Lets Play I was watching, and it sounded really cool so I thought I'd give it a go.

Really like the tactical battles, they feel like you can really make a difference, flanking, swarming, hit and fade, lots of fun things you can do in the battles.
Colony side of things I feel was also a really cool addition to the game, definitely gives you more to do, and something to defend.

I searched forums but didn't  see too much discussion on the Jump Gates, I know they are tied to lore, but one thing I felt was by mid game, when you have to travel a lot to go get bounties, raise money, get supplies, sometimes I kinda watch to just afk to the next system, basically the travel feels a bit grindy.

Wondering if late game you would ever consider some sort of Micro Jump technology, or specialty ship like a Tug but bigger than can either drastically reduce travel time / negate the weather affects of the hyperspace storms, or just Micro Jump to a nearby system... Just something to speed up travel a bit, I feel like when I'm in Hyperspace I'm just getting bounced around by storms using up tons of fuel and supplies , and really constantly playing the supply buying and fuel consuming minigame.

I know I saw a mod that adds some sort of jump gate, just wondering if that was ever a thought for the main game.

Anyway - Great Game, Lots of Fun! Thanks for the Hard Work.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Newer Player - Impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 06:48:20 PM »

Thank you! Happy you've been enjoying the game overall :)

Wondering if late game you would ever consider some sort of Micro Jump technology, or specialty ship like a Tug but bigger than can either drastically reduce travel time / negate the weather affects of the hyperspace storms, or just Micro Jump to a nearby system... Just something to speed up travel a bit, I feel like when I'm in Hyperspace I'm just getting bounced around by storms using up tons of fuel and supplies , and really constantly playing the supply buying and fuel consuming minigame.

I know I saw a mod that adds some sort of jump gate, just wondering if that was ever a thought for the main game.

I've got something along these lines in mind to try out, but :-X as far as the specifics for the moment, I'm afraid. It might not exactly work out as planned, and I wouldn't want to cause disappointment by talking it up too early.

Nyrro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Newer Player - Impressions
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »

no worries, glad you have something in mind hope it pans out,

excited for any new updates!