Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Please be mindful of the tone of your mod  (Read 6110 times)

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: Please be mindful of the tone of your mod
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2019, 04:30:45 AM »

And if you dont like his mod just dont play it, dont force others to do the same .

Also i think too that forcing people to dont make jokes , vide "Onslaught was mistake", because that's joke, mean basically , that you dont like their jokes so throw them out of all players. Also i dont like you throwing insults on people and telling them they're liars. Dont insult people.

My first iteration of post could be a little harsh, but even if you're right, just point that, dont throw insults on people.
Oh, so me pointing out a factual incorrectness makes me the bad guy here? Saying "no, that wasn't what you said" is in no way, shape, or form an insult.

My response was purely on the level of "no, you don't get to decide what you said after you've said it" level. It was not an insult, it wasn't even a comment on their person, it was a statement on what was said and what wasn't.

And that's not even mentioning that I've never even remotely claimed that jokes should be forbidden OR that people are forced to listen to these opinions... quite the opposite, in fact:
C: Of course people can say things about a mods tone, just like the creators have every right to disregard said things. The argument that "they've put in work, you haven't, shut up" is utterly ridicilous... however, the opposite is also true: that a mod creator is forced to listen to this critique is equally ridicilous.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 05:25:36 AM »

In my language there is not big difference between undertones and tone policing, but that may be translation thing also.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »

Locking the thread.

Offensive_Name: you've got a PM.

I'll just add, for the record - and as someone that receives feedback, positive or negative, on a regular basis - that the notion that a player politely sharing their feedback somehow amounts to "tone policing" and "censorship" is ... let's say "a bit silly".
Pages: 1 2 [3]