Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Kitting a Conquest  (Read 15954 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: Kitting a Conquest
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2019, 01:16:34 AM »

I like this one as well;  ;D

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2019, 02:52:20 AM »

10 OP of worth it. You show yourself its better than two mark IX for only 2 OP more
Single Storm Needler. Ordnance points 28(18OP on conquest)
Time to kill sim Dominator for 18OP - 03:32.
Not worth it.
Two Mark IX Ordnance points 18 (8points for Conquest)
03:53 for 16 OP
Not worth it.
Mark IX 8 + Hellbore 6 + Heavy Blaster 12  + dual Assault Chainguns 20
00:23 for 46 OP
Worth it.
Is it that hard to realize that since desired TTK is 23 seconds, Storm Needler with its generous 212 seconds is not the major damage dealer here? And this is why:

Every time I see your posts, it's something like this
Single Storm Needler. Ordnance points 28(18OP on conquest)
Time to kill sim Dominator for 18OP - 03:32.
Mark IX 8 + Hellbore 6 + Heavy Blaster 12  + dual Assault Chainguns 20
00:23 for 46 OP
You compare 18OP Single damage type vs 46OP mixed damage type and then say "wow look at the time to kill, its much lower worth.
It's like saying a frigade is bad, because 2 capitals are better.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2019, 05:01:46 AM »

Baseline time is there to tell you what can you squeeze from the ship and what the goal is. This is what worth the pay.

Everything before that is showing you how different parts of the setup are affecting the end result and how they help to achieve the said goal.

And the point was that spending too much on the KE doesnt bring you closer to your goal. Actually it just happened that Hellbore is the most effective thing out there since it frightens AI and prevents it from casually regenerating the flux by venting and makes him stuck in high flux situation when it stops blocking Hellbore shots since they will cause overload (and AI still OK to block low damage HE shots).

After further testing it was found that this effect is the same for any weapons that AI counts as Major HE Threat. Harpoon, Athropos etc. But all guns with the exception of the Hellbore are neglected. So its unique.

This leads us to a conclusion that any weapon setup targeted against shielded targets, especially heavy shielded, must have high yield HE weapon in it. KE is needed only to get target to high flux zone and after that KE efficiency drops radically while dealing with armor.

There is no sense in spending noticable amount of OP for saving 5 seconds on rising flux faster so that you will lose 50 seconds  on destroying the armor and the actual hull.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2019, 05:47:41 AM »

Decided to remove KE entirely.

Got 0:51 for the Heavy Blaster + Hellbore combo. Thats still the same 18 OP as a whole Storm Needler.

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2019, 06:18:21 AM »

Does the Conquest usually inspire such heated arguments? I've stopped reading the thread cause it just devolved into mind-numbing number crunching.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2019, 06:22:46 AM »

Its not even heated... yet.

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2019, 07:36:26 AM »

Does the Conquest usually inspire such heated arguments? I've stopped reading the thread cause it just devolved into mind-numbing number crunching.
Yes every single *** time. Doubly so if Lucky33 is involved, he is the top troll/bait artist on these forums.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2019, 07:41:49 AM »

Lol yeah, it's a controversial ship due to it's uniqueness in the roster. Some people love it, others despise it.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2019, 09:52:48 AM »

Well, the AI can't use it for ***. It refuses to turn to bring its broadside fully to bear and it uses its weapons for inappropriate targets, like using heavies to engage fighter craft...

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »

Sorry youre not going to convince me the mark IX is good by showing no margin on the swap and then adding two assault chainguns and sugesting that that is a reasonable build.

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2019, 11:26:18 AM »

Mark IX is not good. Its cheap. Hellbore is good. And cheap. Storm Needler is neither good nor cheap.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2019, 06:47:34 PM »

Yes every single *** time. Doubly so if Lucky33 is involved, he is the top troll/bait artist on these forums.
Now this is something we can all agree on!

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2019, 01:52:15 PM »

I would agree too.

Conquest are fun to setup because you have access to tons of different way to use it. Its even more true with mods that add weapon. You got access to medium/large missile and ballistic and small/medium energy. The result is you get a lot of different debatable viable builds.

I personnaly like the storm needler, I put most of my weapon as HE, then use only the storm needler with an ion beam. When the hard flux is high I stop using the storm needler and start all the other weapons. The only real problem I had was with the short range of the storm needler, but then again the mark ix only got more range if you're shooting a capital since its horribly inaccurate

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »

I would agree too.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2019, 10:58:32 AM »

4x Mjolnir cannons, 4x dual flak, 2 heavy burst lasers in the front position, cyclone reaper launchers in the front, no secondary missiles. This is a beast for combat and will pummel to death most of your enemies.

Just be sure you have a lot of carrier support.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6