Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Late game money sink - develop player-faction’s own unique hull variants  (Read 954 times)

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Curious how those unsophisticated Ludds and Pirates can swap the special systems, add built-in hullmods, change the weapon slot types, and add a large ballistic mount to lorewise impossibly complex ship design templates.

It’d be cool if the player faction could also make template modifications, both as a late game perfectionist thing, and as an in-game explanation of how Ludds and pirates managed to develop their own ship variants.

Maybe it’d require salvaging additional blueprints of a known design, or require an expensive colony building called ship design bureau, or that redesigned ships have reduced quality and increased D-mod chance.

But hey, if the Luddites can do it, it can’t be all that hard right?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:38:43 PM by goduranus »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

(XIV) hulls cost much more to produce than standard hulls.  While XIV hulls are nice, I generally prefer standard hulls over XIV hulls for less cost and (more importantly) faster production if I do not have enough Heavy Industry.  I imaging custom hulls would be comparable to XIV hulls.

That said, custom hulls may sound like fun, especially if our ships get custom skins (but that is wishful thinking).