Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 779915 times)

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1065 on: March 22, 2023, 11:19:04 AM »

Ah, ok. That's been brought up before and I think it could be a neat option. It would need to be off by default for several reasons, but I think you're the third person to suggest it? I'll look into adding it for the next major update, but no promises!

To be honest, I already thought it kinda worked that way. It would make sense.
I can understand it being a toggle though, for sure.

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 23, 2023, 01:22:58 PM »

all my ships are stuck at famous tier with traitpairspertier: 2, i changed it to 3 previous game then changed it back to 2 on new game and been stuck to famous since.

the rumored next traits are at 0% which is odd as well, the XP to next tier is already over the limit when i turned the option to see the xp thing. (unless K is lesser than M)

i searched the topic and saw someone with the same issue, but that was a awhile ago. same as the dude, i console in addtrait and it gets bumped up to legendary.

Edit: two of my ships seemed to have reached legendary on their own anyway: sierra and lions guard conquest, but sierra has 2 pairs of traits while conquest only 1 pair, idk what's going on with that.

also had this for There be Juggernaut's Overslaught ship on its module, didn't had a error with another ship with modules(first persean empire niemowle)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 02:17:20 PM by Justinx931 »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 23, 2023, 04:54:54 PM »

the rumored next traits are at 0% which is odd as well, the XP to next tier is already over the limit when i turned the option to see the xp thing. (unless K is lesser than M)
Rumored traits don't provide any effect, so it's normal for them to say +0%. The number is there mostly just to let you know whether it will be positive or negative. K is for thousand (from the Kilo prefix, I guess) and M is for million, so there's nothing wrong there. The xp required for each tier is exponential, so it's normal for legendary traits to take much longer to get than famous ones.

Edit: two of my ships seemed to have reached legendary on their own anyway: sierra and lions guard conquest, but sierra has 2 pairs of traits while conquest only 1 pair, idk what's going on with that.
Not sure what you mean. Does Sierra have 4 traits and the conquest has 2, even though they're both considered legendary?

also had this for There be Juggernaut's Overslaught ship on its module, didn't had a error with another ship with modules(first persean empire niemowle)
I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong there. Thanks for letting me know!

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 24, 2023, 06:44:27 AM »

Rumored traits don't provide any effect, so it's normal for them to say +0%. The number is there mostly just to let you know whether it will be positive or negative. K is for thousand (from the Kilo prefix, I guess) and M is for million, so there's nothing wrong there. The xp required for each tier is exponential, so it's normal for legendary traits to take much longer to get than famous ones.

Not sure what you mean. Does Sierra have 4 traits and the conquest has 2, even though they're both considered legendary?

I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong there. Thanks for letting me know!

Hello and thanks for the reply, apparently i was just confused on some ships not getting the full traits on legendary, the "progress to next tier" is what i was following to get to legendary, and it goes away after getting the first pair of traits, theres no indication on when the 2nd pair will show up(atleast to my knowing), since legendary requires so much xp i just assumed something was wrong with ships not getting the last pair of legendary traits.

Cleared up for me when i finally went and did all the HVB and IBB's around to get the bulk of XP.

thanks for clearing up the xp thing, i'll see if traitspertier 3 works correctly next run too.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 24, 2023, 07:23:22 AM »

the "progress to next tier" is what i was following to get to legendary, and it goes away after getting the first pair of traits
Ah, you must've been referring to the first pair of *legendary* traits! If the "progress to next tier" statement goes away before getting max traits that's something I should fix. I'll rename it to "progress to next pair of traits" and make it work as such. Thanks for pointing that out!

i'll see if traitspertier 3 works correctly next run too.
Fair warning: it won't! From the settings file:
"traitPairsPerTier":1, # 1 or 2. 1 is recommended. 2 will result in atypical trait selection. 3 will result in ships not being able to get the max number of traits
There simply aren't enough trait types for most ships to get so many traits. I'll consider enabling duplicate traits in such cases, if it turns out to be feasible.

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 25, 2023, 11:03:31 AM »

There simply aren't enough trait types for most ships to get so many traits. I'll consider enabling duplicate traits in such cases, if it turns out to be feasible.

can't it just use civ trait's when you run out of the combat ships trait? i do have 0.9 chance of skipping civ traits on combat ships but when there's nothing else it should just pull from the civilian trait pool.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 25, 2023, 11:34:38 AM »

It should already be doing that. I just did a quick test and that's the behavior I'm getting. Are you seeing something different?

edit: While testing this I was getting fewer total traits than expected, so I did some digging and found out that the code for determining traits includes a flawed check for duplicates. Normally it wouldn't cause any issues, but if traitPairsPerTier is 3 or more then it will effectively limit the number of traits you can get. The next update will include a fix!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 01:29:13 PM by Sundog »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 15, 2023, 02:37:56 PM »

Hi Sundog, I recently received a crash report on the Hiver Swarm forum that deals with an interaction between Hiver and Starship Legends. I am baffled by it myself since I use this mod alongside Hiver with no issues and the code from the crash report makes references to things that are not in either mod as far as I can see. Here is a copy of the crash they reported on the Hiver Forum:
Code
88494 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.HIVERmodPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.HIVERmodPlugin]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/scripts/util.java', Line 445, Column 0: Non-abstract class "starship_legends.Util$1" must implement method "public abstract int java.util.Comparator.compare(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File 'data/scripts/util.java', Line 445, Column 0: Non-abstract class "starship_legends.Util$1" must implement method "public abstract int java.util.Comparator.compare(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)"
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:10174)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:419)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:658)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:622)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$200(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitAnonymousClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:345)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$AnonymousClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:894)

Maybe you can help rogerbacon (the player who reported the crash) better than I can.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 16, 2023, 04:02:57 AM »

Just replied in the Hiver thread, since that's where it was originally reported:
@rogerbacon: This issue seems very similar to the one you had a few months ago: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15321.msg385922#msg385922

Did my suggestion about reinstalling both mods work in that case? Unfortunately I still can't offer much advice other than that. Like Dazs, I'm not getting any issues when I use Hiver and starship legends together, and I'm not aware of anyone other than you getting this particular type of error.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi, this event was spawned in 2.2.1 (turns out I am really lazy at updating) but it does not seem in the changelog that you fixed this and updating to 2.2.2 did not change the wording.

Some things
1) They are asking to buy an automated ship (this is fine by me but it is in fact illegal, I guess it is intentional because this part is correctly worded)
2) There is still a reference to the crew of the ship here
3) Selling the ship does not give any bonus XP, which seems to make selling it a really bad move considering that it has 3 S-mods
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for pointing that out! Pretty sure it's an oversight that hasn't been fixed in 2.2.2. Not sure if I'll update the wording or just exclude automated ships from this event entirely, given how awkward it is in such cases. As for S-mods and bonus-xp, the offer amount is increased by 1 credit for every 5 bonus xp you would get for scuttling the ship. That ratio probably needs to be increased quite a bit and I'll take a look at doing so, but I'm ok with these offers not being *particularly* enticing. They're mostly just there to make famous ships seem famous. I try to stay away from anything to do with bonus xp mostly for reasons of personal preference. I generally really like the SP system, but bonus xp has always struck me as nothing but a needlessly complex way to split SP.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Honestly, thinking about it, being able to sell automated ships is kind of flavorful, although it will probably be such a rare occurrence that it's quite reasonable if you just remove it. But if you keep it it could be somehow extra risky or have a Tri-Tachyon or Pirate flavor.

Not giving out bonus XP is fine (it is a weird system) and the encounter serving to illustrate your ship's reputation is fine. If it's meant to be a legitimate offer though, I think an acceptable rate for a triple S-modded rare (not obtainable through markets) ship would be about 10x this, so to the tune of 1-1.5 million credits. Then it would roughly correspond to the effort to get a new one.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, I like the idea of being able to sell automated ships in special events like this as well, but I'd want to do it right, and that would take a non-trivial amount of work. For now I've prevented the event from choosing automated ships, but I've added "lore-friendly buy-offers for automated ships" to my todo list. Hopefully I'll be able to do the idea justice before too long.

I agree that 1 to 1.5 mil is a much more reasonable offer. One of the main problems is that the xp bonus refund varies wildly based on when the s-mods were built-in. It could be as much as 1 mil xp per s-mod or less than 7,000 xp. As much as I like to stick with vanilla conventions wherever possible, I'm very tempted to simply increase the offer by $500k per s-mod, regardless of how much xp was actually invested in it. Maybe I'll do that if Alex removes the bonus xp refund for installing low-OP hullmods now that he's implemented Better Deserved S-Mods.

VolturnianMobster

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you a lot for this fantastic mod, Sundog. I really appreciate your quick responses and bugfixes in this thread too :)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starship Legends 2.3.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1079 on: May 07, 2023, 09:10:24 AM »

Starship Legends 2.3.0

Please note that this version has not yet been thoroughly tested with Starsector 0.96a

- Updated for Starsector 0.96a
- Updated LunaLib support to take advantage of new features
- Fixed the max number of traits a ship could get being unnecessarily limited with increased traitPairsPerTier setting
- Fixed: Captains at bars no longer offer to buy automated ships.
- Fixed progress text not being displayed after getting the first legendary trait pair when traitPairsPerTier is set higher than 1
- Changed: Captains at bars offering to buy ships now pay much more for ships with s-mods
- Changed: The max CR of ships with integrated AI cores is no longer reduced by low integration status

Thank you a lot for this fantastic mod, Sundog. I really appreciate your quick responses and bugfixes in this thread too :)
;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 07:47:27 PM by Sundog »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82