Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 768932 times)

noname1208

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.1 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1050 on: February 13, 2023, 06:19:36 PM »

Hello Sundog!

First and foremost I want to thank you for this mod, it's a lot of fun and adds a lot to the general gameplay <3

Secondly I came across a bug though I'm not certain on which mod may have caused this bug or if it's potentially a vanilla thing. I lost a huge battle and set myself back many cycles of work and later on I came across a story teller telling me about my previous flagship. In the description window it showed one of my officers which I assumed had been piloting it at the time though I swear it was my own ship at the time. I can't remember.

When I get to the ship I see the officer icon still there and when I recover the ship I realize it's *duplicated* my officer with the ship. The officer does not show up in the officer list and does not count towards maximum officers but if I change the officer of that ship it moves the clone to the ship that the officer was in. The clone does exist in the ship itself and enhances the ship as if she were a true officer.

Now this is a UAF ship and it just so happens to be one of the two unique elite UAF officers that was duplicated so it could be on that end too. I'm not sure how your mod works on the back end. Should I instead report this to Ryxsen? I'm sorry if this is a repost, I didn't see anything about duplicated officers in the search function.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 14, 2023, 05:11:24 PM »

[snip] adjusting those multipliers in Starship Legends only affects the gain of traits and ship/officer loyalty, NOT player/officer levels and reputation.
That's correct.

Now I have to go through each and every one of Ruthless Sector's .ini file settings to see which one will work instead...
Sounds like you're looking for this:
Code
	# XP MULTIPLIER CALCULATION #
# Only relevant if scaleXpGainBasedOnBattleDifficulty is true
# The XP Multiplier for each battle is calculated as follows:
# (strengthOfAllEnemyShips / strengthOfDeployedPlayerShips - minDifficultyToEarnXp) * xpMultiplierAfterReduction
"minDifficultyToEarnXp":0.5,
"xpMultiplierAfterReduction":3.0,

First and foremost I want to thank you for this mod, it's a lot of fun and adds a lot to the general gameplay <3
;D

In the description window it showed one of my officers which I assumed had been piloting it at the time though I swear it was my own ship at the time. I can't remember.
Perhaps you transferred to it before/during the battle?

Now this is a UAF ship and it just so happens to be one of the two unique elite UAF officers that was duplicated so it could be on that end too. I'm not sure how your mod works on the back end. Should I instead report this to Ryxsen?
Unless the officer is somehow tied to the ship in some special way, the bug is almost certainly caused by starship legends. If that turns out not to be the case I'll get in touch with Ryxsen. Thank you for reporting!

noname1208

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 14, 2023, 07:09:05 PM »

I'm 80% sure I was piloting the ship through the whole battle but that's not all that helpful to you ^_^'

As far as I know she shouldn't be tied to that specific ship unless there is some coded connection. It was a Lillaru class Heavy Cruiser which is common on the market and the officer didn't come with any ship when I got her

If you need any material I did happen to take a couple screenshots of the storyteller before I salvaged the ship, showing off Starsector to a friend, and I took more after I realized what had happened. Or even the current save come to think of it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 07:32:40 PM by noname1208 »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 14, 2023, 07:40:24 PM »

It's kind of you to offer those files! I'm pretty sure I know what's going wrong, so in this case I don't think they will be necessary, but I'll let you know if I change my mind.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 20, 2023, 07:28:46 AM »

If you need any material I did happen to take a couple screenshots of the storyteller before I salvaged the ship, showing off Starsector to a friend, and I took more after I realized what had happened.
Hey, so would you still be able to send those screenshots? I sent you a PM a few days ago but I think you might not have noticed it. I haven't managed to reproduce the issue you had and I suspect that I've misinterpreted how the issue cam about.

noname1208

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 21, 2023, 07:41:10 PM »

Yeah no problem, sorry about that. I kind of forgot PMs were a thing

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1056 on: February 27, 2023, 12:43:02 PM »

Starship Legends 2.2.2
Not save compatible with versions prior to 2.0.0

Fixed loyalty toward officers that are temporarily removed from the fleet sometimes being forgotten
Fixed: lost player owned ships will now only be chosen for "famous derelict" stories if they were actually lost in battle
Fixed a bug that would break some famous flagship rumors, turning them into bogus stories
Fixed the possibility for officers to be partially cloned under specific, rare circumstances
Updated LunaSettings integration to be fully compatible with LunaLib version 1.3.X

herkul121

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1057 on: March 02, 2023, 06:06:39 PM »

This mod is Brutal if You are running wolfpack of couple of frigates. What I mean I was using like 19 grims from no such organization (Wolf frigate but with ion pulsar and phase ship) with officers as they die alot they get a lot debuffs for their Peak time and there is no way to reset captains relations with its crew. So I head grim with couple of d-mods nothing special openly hostile crew and some famous traits on it. As I spawn that frig in It screams its out of peak performance and have to hop out of battle. Rest will follow shortly after it. This mod is best if You plan to do Capital ships run. I really like idea of this mod however this mod single handedly did ruin my run. Is it possible for me to disable debuffs on my ships? I want to fix my game?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 06:08:41 PM by herkul121 »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 02, 2023, 06:25:15 PM »

I really like idea of this mod however this mod single handedly did ruin my run. Is it possible for me to disable debuffs on my ships? I want to fix my game?
1. Download/extract the Console Commands mod from the following thread: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0

2. In-game, after loading the saved game, make use of the ClearRep console command (to open the console, the default hotkey combo is Ctrl + Backspace).

Example: ClearRep All will remove all traits from all ships in your current fleet, or ClearRep <insert ship name> will remove traits from just that one ship.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 02, 2023, 06:57:23 PM »

^ Yup. If you want a clean slate for loyalties you can use "setLoyalty 0 all"
You can prevent any debuffs from accrueing by editing the settings file or using the LunaLib settings menu. Just set "max initial negative traits" and "max loyalty lost" to 0.
Capital ships aren't the only ships that can avoid being disabled. Wolf packs can actually be extremely effective.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 14, 2023, 01:24:41 PM »

Would it be possible to add a feature (that can be toggled off if people don't want it), that sets ships to Notable once they reach legendary status?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 14, 2023, 08:04:57 PM »

Hmm... you mean like a way to prestige ships? If so it's on my list of new features to consider. I haven't ironed out enough of the details yet to start working on something like that, though, and it's pretty low on my list of priorities. My main hang up with the idea is trying to figure out a plausible in-fiction explanation for how/why it would work that way (not to mention how to explain it to players). So I might make something like that someday, but probably not any time soon.

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 21, 2023, 02:19:08 PM »

Hmm... you mean like a way to prestige ships? If so it's on my list of new features to consider. I haven't ironed out enough of the details yet to start working on something like that, though, and it's pretty low on my list of priorities. My main hang up with the idea is trying to figure out a plausible in-fiction explanation for how/why it would work that way (not to mention how to explain it to players). So I might make something like that someday, but probably not any time soon.

Not so much prestige, but as a game play element. If your ship(s) is/are so famous stories are being told, it should be recognizable even with transponder off. Wouldn't it be along the lines of "if ship is of rank legendary, apply unique tag" and have it set to run on rankup and/or do a check before initiating battle?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 22, 2023, 08:12:33 AM »

Ah, ok. That's been brought up before and I think it could be a neat option. It would need to be off by default for several reasons, but I think you're the third person to suggest it? I'll look into adding it for the next major update, but no promises!

Volsungare

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 22, 2023, 08:16:43 AM »

Ah, ok. That's been brought up before and I think it could be a neat option. It would need to be off by default for several reasons, but I think you're the third person to suggest it? I'll look into adding it for the next major update, but no promises!

Agreed it would need to be off by default, would probably *** off too many people. Thanks for listening to the idea.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81