Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.97a] Starship Legends 2.5.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs  (Read 776638 times)

sirskips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.1.2 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1005 on: December 31, 2022, 05:08:19 PM »

Hey I found this dog running around does he belong to you?

package wisp.questgiver.wispLib

import com.fs.starfarer.api.GameState
import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CampaignUIAPI
import java.awt.Color

class CrashReporter(private val modName: String, private val modAuthor: String?, private val game: ServiceLocator) {
    /**
     * Originally created by Sundog in
     * [Starship Legends](https://bitbucket.org/Nate_NBJ/starship-legends/src/default/src/starship_legends/ModPlugin.java)
     */
    fun reportCrash(throwable: Throwable): Boolean {
        try {
            val message = "$modName encountered an error!\nPlease let ${modAuthor ?: "the mod author"} know."

game.logger.e(throwable)

if (game.combatEngine != null && Global.getCurrentState() === GameState.COMBAT) {
                game.combatEngine.combatUI.addMessage(1, Color.ORANGE, throwable.message)
                game.combatEngine.combatUI.addMessage(2, Color.RED, message)
            } else if (game.sector != null && Global.getCurrentState() === GameState.CAMPAIGN) {
                val ui: CampaignUIAPI = game.sector.campaignUI
                ui.addMessage(message, Color.RED)
                ui.addMessage(throwable.message, Color.ORANGE)
                ui.showConfirmDialog(message + "\n\n" + throwable.message, "Ok", null, null, null)

if (ui.currentInteractionDialog != null) ui.currentInteractionDialog.dismiss()
            } else return false
            return true
        } catch (e: Exception) {
            return false
        }
    }
}

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 31, 2022, 08:47:57 PM »

Hey I found this dog running around does he belong to you?
Nope. Looks like a friendly stray to me

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 02, 2023, 01:37:46 AM »

If I understand the feature correctly, you have to click through one proposal to get the next one, which adds tedium.
I'm pretty sure you're not understanding the feature correctly? At least, if it offers a sidegrade I don't care about, there doesn't seem to be any penalty from just letting it expire rather than tracking it down and explicitly saying 'no thanks'.
Only one sidegrade suggestion is offered at once, so letting them expire might delay the next one. Not really a penalty, but some people might want to resolve them as soon as possible to make sure the next one isn't delayed.
Would it be possible to remove that "one side-grade at a time" limitation and just have just some interval between side grade suggestions? Like one per month (at 100 days, that up to 4 in the queue, all different ships) and/or at most one after every major fight. "Major" being fights that have objective points on the map, not including pursuit fights.

For the former, it'll weigh more toward civilian ships/ships that haven't deployed recently. After a fight would weigh more toward deployed ships in that fight (but not for ships that have or had a recent side-grade proposal).

I have to admit that having to pay attention to the log notices and immediately resolve them is kinda hit/miss with me. I sometimes miss the notices because they fly by before I even see them. (The "New" category in the logs needs like 30-day record or something. Right now, if you even just glance at it, it'll mostly clear itself the moment you view anything else.)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 03, 2023, 07:17:45 AM »

Yeah, I think those are good reasons to remove the limit, although I'd like to avoid making it more complicated than "approximately one trait suggestion per month or so." I recall having a few good reasons to limit it to just one at a time, but I'm pretty sure they all had to do with simplifying the code rather than improving gameplay. I'll take a look and see what I can do. Shouldn't be a problem, but no promises.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 03, 2023, 09:42:31 AM »

I mean, if you want to keep it one at a time, you could just have the timer until the next one's available start counting from when the previous one was offered instead of when the previous one was accepted/dismissed.

(Assuming that this is on a timer, likely with an RNG component to how long it is, and further assuming that the minimum time requirement is equal to or greater than the maximum duration before a trait swap option expires.)

...But making the offers independent might be cleaner? ./shrug. I haven't gone and looked at your code.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 03, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »

I mean, if you want to keep it one at a time, you could just have the timer until the next one's available start counting from when the previous one was offered instead of when the previous one was accepted/dismissed.
That's actually exactly how it works. The only time there would ever be a delay is when a sidegrade suggestion remains unresolved so long that a new one would've popped up.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 04, 2023, 02:10:41 AM »

I'm sure different people will have different ideas as to what the "correct" intervals are. Maybe a player accessible setting would be useful here.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 04, 2023, 07:26:41 AM »

I'm sure different people will have different ideas as to what the "correct" intervals are. Maybe a player accessible setting would be useful here.
It's already adjustable via "averageDaysBetweenTraitSidegradeSuggestions" in STARSHIP_LEGENDS_OPTIONS.ini
In the upcoming version this setting (along with most of the others) will be available via a proper in-game interface thanks to Lukas04's LunaLib.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Starship Legends 2.2.0 - Extra flavor for ships, crew, and NPCs
« Reply #1013 on: January 08, 2023, 05:13:53 PM »

Starship Legends 2.2.0
Not save compatible with versions prior to 2.0.0

Highlights:
Improved reputation growth to give players more control while also making legendary ships more uncommon/special
Integrated with LunaLib to add a settings menu
Added three new traits that affect loyalty loss chance, the best of which can only be earned by ships with rugged construction
Added ships lost by the player to the pool of possible derelicts for famous derelict salvage missions
Added integration features for the creation of new traits by other mods
Changed: AI cores are no longer affected by integration status (loyalty) unless fully integrated
Various fixes and improvements

Full change log for 2.2.0: https://github.com/NateNBJ/StarshipLegends/releases/tag/v2.2.0

Laf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 08, 2023, 06:33:00 PM »

Can anyone help me with this pls. Just updated the mod and created a new run
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: starship_legends/LunaSettingsChangedListener

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 08, 2023, 08:26:56 PM »

Sorry about that!
Looks like I added a LunaLib reference somewhere that causes issues when LunaLib isn't running. I'll get a fix out tonight.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 08, 2023, 08:45:52 PM »

All fixed. Sorry for the trouble!

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 10, 2023, 04:53:24 PM »

Stupid question/request:
For the ship traits, would it be possible to, over time, have them slowly all work towards the Legendary multiplier? I've noticed that traits get better based on which ones came first. (So your first Notable traits will be your eventual Legendary traits.) Any way to get it so all your traits can be Legendary given enough time and XP without having to do a bunch of (re)coding, assuming this would would be a worthwhile change?

And while I'm here: Is the mod hardcoded for 4-levels/ranks, or can we add more ourselves to the relevant .CSV files? I kinda wanna add a fifth trait rank ("Mythical"? Mainly for one more set of traits) and maybe spread out the Crew Loyalty bonus with more ranks there as well.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 10, 2023, 08:21:52 PM »

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you on both counts... Neither of those things are currently possible, and making them possible would require a significant restructuring of the code. The idea of all traits gradually working their way toward legendary is an interesting idea as an expanded progression mechanic. I'll keep it in mind in the future, but I'm rather fond of the way it works now. It doesn't make much of a practical difference, but I like how two ships with the exact same traits can still have different stats based on the trait order.

Adding new reputation tiers is something that is asked about and requested rather frequently, but the four tiers are so deeply built-in to the code that I'm not sure there's a way to make them expandable, short of a major overhaul. There might be a way to make it work that I haven't considered though, so I'll give it a think.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 11, 2023, 03:11:45 PM »

Thank you for the reply. I totally get it. I figured it might require significant effort, so I'm not disappointed or anything. I just thought I'd throw that out there. Maybe when SS hits v1.0 or beyond. Or not. SS has a very extensive mod community for an Alpha game. I've seen plenty of mod go by the wayside as time passes. (I'm sad about Tartiflette distancing himself from SS, but I get why. Life goes on and all that.)

Still, thanks for the mod and your time!

P.S. I do hope the features from some mods make it into SS by default. Though, I can see that being a legal nightmare and something Alex may not want to deal with. RPG mechanics for individual ships is pretty fun, honestly (if a bit OP across several mods put together).
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 82